Swiss Re Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Swiss Re Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at Swiss Re

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Swiss Re in May 2017.

Interview

First round, one of the analysts in team interviewed me. Basically go though the resume and ask about the details in previous experience. Second round, I interviewed with the hiring manager though Skype. He asked me some technical questions rooted in my previous experience and introduce the job tasks involved in the internship. Then I also had a brief talk with an HR about the internship details. Overall, all the HR and interviewers are very friendly and nice.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Swiss Re

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Swiss Re in October 2016.

Interview

I did an on campus first round interview. The interviewer was very friendly and it was mostly behavioral questions. I am personally not very good at answering behavioral style questions so my advice to students applying to Swiss Re for an internship: prepare adequately beforehand different answers to different kinds of behavioral questions

Interview Questions

• Why should we not hire you?   Answer Question
    • Tell me something about yourself that isn't highlighted on your resume that is important to your identity.   Answer Question
    • How would your professors describe you? Why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Armonk, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Swiss Re (Armonk, NY).

Interview

Applied online on campus career website...contacted for a first round interview via email. Had a phone interview with HR, interviewer was personable and asked behavioral questions as well as questions about my past experiences. About a month or so later I got another email about a second round interview, spoke to a VP who was also personable..talked about the potential position and my qualifications.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral questions about strengths/weaknesses and past experiences   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Armonk, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Swiss Re (Armonk, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

The interview process was really easy and smooth. Started with 1 round screening asking behavioral questions, then an interview with a line manager. The day later, I got a call saying that I got the internship! The whole process took a little over a month from the first interview, but was painless and easy

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation really

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Armonk, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Swiss Re (Armonk, NY) in May 2010.

Interview

I had my first round interview with an HR lady who asked me a couple of behavioral questions: "tell me about yourself" "describe a situation where you had to make a difficult decision." Then 5 days later I got an e-mail telling me that I have qualified to the second round interview. I had another phone interview with the Vice President of the department I was applying for and another analyst. The questions were really hard and I don't really remember what they asked.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Swiss Re (Zürich (Switzerland)) in July 2019.

Interview

Phone interview with the hiring manager, which was arranged after I received a request to prepare a case study home (and discuss about it during the interview). Easy-going discussion around skills/experiences and the case study.

Interview Questions

• - How does your previous experience matches the requirements for this position?
      - What have you learned from the x/y/z experience?
      - Would you consider us for a full-time position?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Swiss Re (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in December 2017.

Interview

Very smooth and good. A good experience about interview and need to well prepare if your oral English is not so good so far. First is phone interview and then the second round is one-on-one in their office site. About one week later, you can get the result.

Interview Questions

• Basically go through your resume and why you want to take this role?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Swiss Re (Zürich (Switzerland)).

Interview

Invitation via phone call, first interview with two project leaders and one HR advisor. More questions about myself, only one short company-specific case. After the interview we went to have lunch with the entire team to get to know everyone better.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Swiss Re.

Interview

Applied online having seen advertised. Had to submit a cover letter and CV. Then had to sit online tests - the numerical one was hard!
    Was then put trough to interview - 1 on 1 interview. She was very friendly mainly competency based with her also giving me more information about the role.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you have worked as part of a team to complete a project.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Swiss Re.

Interview

Pleasant discussion, classic questions for intern position.
    Main Questions: tell me about yourself, what do you know about the industry, what do you think will be your duties,

Interview Questions

• Unexpected questions: what do you do when you wake up in bad mood? how will you organize your work under strict deadlines?   Answer Question