Swiss Re Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 24, 2017

3.1

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

ActuaryLondon Office Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I interviewed at Swiss Re (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview was conducted by three women. Two were actuaries and one was an HR. Rather than a formal interview, it was more of a friendly conversation. Most of the questions were from what they saw on my CV. They were keen to know about my past work experiences and especially what I found difficult.

Interview Questions

• In one of your work experiences, what did you find difficult and what did you do to solve the issue?
      Why Swiss Re?   Answer Question

Graduate Underwriting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Swiss Re (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied on the official website. Get a call invitation to phone interview two days later. The questions were not hard, basically all about my resume and my experience. Some questions were quite personal like why you choose to study at this university and why did you have summer internship in this city rather than another one. Didn't get into another round.

Interview Questions

• Tell me one difficulty you have run into during your internship and how you solve it.   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Swiss Re (London, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and 2 weeks later I was invited to face-to-face interview. I was abroad and unavailable to attend the interview but they were kind enough to accommodate me with a telephone interview instead. Then I was invited to a second interview and asked to fly to the UK. First interview was with two actuaries and the second one with two managers (actuaries as well).

Interview Questions

• Why Swiss Re?
      What do you know about Reinsurance?
      Can you name any trends?
      What would you do to influence someone?
      Can you name some reserving bases?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Swiss Re (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

A very comprehensive telephone interview which was scheduled for 30 minutes but lasted an hour. Despite me enquiringly a number of times they never told me the outcome - which by now 6 months later I assume is a decline! Very disappointing given how much time I spent preparing and it appeared to go well at the time.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Swiss Re in April 2016.

Interview

The Intership process was pretty straight forward. Very friendly interviewers. Be sure to know what social impact work Swiss Re is involved in as it is a very important aspect of the company. also keep in mind the company's mission and vision

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Swiss Re.

Interview

Applied online having seen advertised. Had to submit a cover letter and CV. Then had to sit online tests - the numerical one was hard!
    Was then put trough to interview - 1 on 1 interview. She was very friendly mainly competency based with her also giving me more information about the role.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you have worked as part of a team to complete a project.   Answer Question

Human Resources Junior Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Swiss Re (London, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied for the position online on the website. After a month received a phone call and was invited for an interview. I had my interview which I think went well, then a week later was invited for a second interview which was an Excel test. After finishing the test I knew I wouldn't pass but what was a surprise no one contacted me since then (it was 5 months ago). I don't even know how much was the salary as they didn't advertised and during the 2 interviews we never talked about salary.
    My lesson: I never apply for any role without knowing the salary and I would highly recommend to Swiss Re to reply to its candidates (for a polite no answer) as the whole interview process seems unprofessional to me and I'm glad I didn't get that job.

Manager - Quant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Swiss Re (London, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

Had the first and second round of interview back to back with the hiring manager and department head (within a week) after applying for the job directly via swiss re career portal. However didn't hear back or receive any feedback from HR or the team for 8 weeks despite several follow-ups. The rejection only came as a form of automatic email reply. Disappointed with how the process was handled - lack of transparency and feedback.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions - tell me about yourself   1 Answer

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwich, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Swiss Re (Norwich, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process will consist of two managers going over competancy based questioning and then two role play phone calls to assess what your phone skills are like. The process is fine, but doesn't go very deep. The two managers in both mine, and other people's experience is that they were both highly uninterested and didn't want to be there too long.

Interview Questions

• How does your previous experience relate to your expectations of this role?   Answer Question

Rotational Graduate Progamme Interview

Anonymous Employee in Telford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Swiss Re (Telford, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

Standard online application, Telephone interview and then assessment day which consisted of, group tasks, psychometric tests, one on one interview and a 10 min presentation.

I really enjoyed the assessment day, the staff were friendly and lunch was included. I think what they really look for is how well you work in a team and how you present yourself.

The whole process too about 2 months. Applied in April and heard back about 2 weeks later for the telephone interview, then assessment day was about a month later. Got the offer about 1 week later. (1st week in June)