Sybase Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sybase Interview Questions

Updated Jan 10, 2017

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sybase (Bethesda, MD) in January 2008.

Interview

The hiring process was pretty straight forward. I interviewed for a Sr. Inside Sales Job. I talked with the recruiter over the phone first, then was brought in for an interview one week later. After interviewing with the District Manager, I then had to talk to several of the Outside Account Managers. In general, all interviews went well, and I was offered a position several days later. In all, the process took about 3 weeks.

Negotiation

No negotiation. 60K was the top salary (at that time) for an Inside Rep.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune City (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sybase (Pune City (India)).

Interview

One aptitude test
     one telephonic interview
    one technical round
    one HR round
    overall very good experience
    After Aptitude test we got results
    But because of some technical issues it took one month for interview process after that one telephonic interview taken and then after technical and hr

Interview Questions

• Questions asked about data structure , database , testing , Linux command , operating system.   1 Answer
    • Loop detection code, queries about project   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sybase (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in June 2014.

Interview

1 round phone intereview, asked basic c++ questions and some common algorithm questions.

1 onsite interview after 1 week, took about 3 hours and interviewed with three people.

The first person asked your previous work experience and some algorithms. The second person asked some IQ questions and the third one is a manager, told you what you would be doing and asked you what salary you would expect.

Software Developer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sybase (Pune (India)) in December 2013.

Interview

Structured. Focussed. Intense.

I was interviewed during campus recruitment drive. During pre-placement talk, they clearly mentioned the would-be job role. And the interview was just a reflection of that.

Interview was focussed on database technologies - from beginning to end - I was asked to explain every concepts in relational database that exists.

Interview process was smooth, the interviewer was very friendly and was keen to explore the answer with me, not pressing me for one.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to the very architecture of traditional relation database - file storage layout, indexing, query processing, query optimization, transaction management, concurrency, recovery ...   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sybase.

Interview

The hiring process is good, but really difficult. They are clearly looking for systems people and the interview process is highly tuned towards that. people with DB background has a higher chance of getting in. There are close to about 3-4 rounds of interviews. but otherwise the interview process is not that hard

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Sybase (London, England (UK)) in February 2013.

Interview

I applied online on SAP website and got called by an HR peson the next day. The person was going on holiday the following week, thus the urgency in calling me. We set an appointment that same day for a 1h interview. The interview went well, the HR was very interested in my profile and raised questions related to the job that matched my skills. He forwarded my CV to a colleague in CZ to set-up a face-to-face interview in their london offices. 10 days go by, I hear nothing about the interview and get no reply from the person in CZ, so I email my first contact asking if he was already back from holidays blabla. he emails me back the same day and sets a face-to-face interview 2 days later. I was very interested in the position and didn't mind them being this unorganized (at the time).
    I go to London, to Sybase offices by Monument, where I have an interview with a team-member. I get from the person the feeling they've not read my CV, or they just had a look at it on their way from home. I wasn't asked any questions matching my skills with the jobs specifications. Instead, I had the usual boring interview questions (strenght/weaknesses, describe your career..) the interview was very short, and felt my phone interview with the HR person made more sense to me than this one. Anyway, the person didn't really seem to understand what skills the position required and didn't ask the right questions. Anyway, I understand from him that he is going on holiday the following week, and therefore I should be hearing from them within 2 weeks. 15 days later, no reply, I send and email to the HR guy (as I didn't ahve the email of the 2nd person) no reply, 15 moe days later I send a second email to the HR guy (no reply).. I check on SAP website, it still states I'm in the process (it states rejected when the candidate is).. 1 week later I call the guy, he picks up the phone, no sorry no nothing, just a simple you were not selected and we went for a person that matched the position better blabla, and he tells me he is going to call me to give me more feedback. I've never heard of him again and didn't really search to. I went as well on SAP website and withdrew my application (so now it doesn't state I was rejected, but rather that I just withdraw my candidacy)
    This was the worst interview experience I've ever had, especially that I had to ask my current manager for days off at the very last minute to be there for their interviews and had to wait and expect an answer when in fact the people just didn't care enough to even send a generic email

Interview Questions

• To be fair, I didn't have any challenging question. During the phone interviw it was more about my language skills and my background. and in the face-to-face interview the most challenging one would be "strenghts and weaknesses"   Answer Question

Software Developer, Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sybase (Waterloo, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I applied through my school's recruitment process and was selected for an onsite interview. The interview was 45 minutes long and consisted of basic Java-related questions.

Interview Questions

• A few java libraries I did not know, which was not a huge issue.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was my first co-op work term, so once I got the offer I accepted it.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

phone interview: some background, relavent projects
    on-site: datastructure, and algorithm questions

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

process is good. final decision will be done by onsite.

TSE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maidenhead, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Sybase (Maidenhead, England (UK)) in June 2011.

Interview

It was a series of written tests. Lot of them there was one related to networing then another one related to rpogrammin then an other one related to wondows networking , then there was one related to woindows OS, then there owas one that was specific to SQL commands then there was a customer services interview which was quite fun to take. Overall it was not very difficult if you had a bit of background in everythign which I had. THe Java one was maybe a little bit hard.

Interview Questions

• sql commands, insert update delete write the commands for some tables and so on   1 Answer