Sycuan Casino Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Customer Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sycuan Casino (San Diego, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Their interview is pretty easy but you kind of have to face 3 people that are asking questions. they are were very nice and honest. once you go in to check-in for the interview, you will be asked questions on the computer, and then they will call you for the main interview.

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in 5 years?   2 Answers

Guest Relations Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Cajon, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sycuan Casino (El Cajon, CA) in July 2018.

Interview

One standard interview and one group interview.
    The standard interview had basic customer service questions.
    The group interview is mostly about remembering people's names and backgrounds.
    You'll also have to do a practice marketing pitch with one of their promotions. You'll do this in a group setting.

I had my resume reviewed by professionals very meticulously. Despite multiple follow-ups, strong references, and strong credentials - way above the minimum requirements - they have ignored my emails and voicemails. The person interviewing me also forgot my name and laughed at me. As I left, the person at the front desk said congratulations but I never heard back. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt, but it's been more than a month.

I am diagnosed with neurological conditions, LGBT, and a racial minority. I will report to the proper authorities after not hearing back for a couple more weeks. They are hiring 700 staff members so I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt. However, talking to some new staff members on LinkedIn has led me to know that the process only took them a couple weeks. There is definitely something strange going on. This is unacceptable and it shows how unprofessional their Guest Relations department is. If I don't hear back soon, I will accept an offer from their main competitors because I'm on the edge of becoming homeless.

Food Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Cajon, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sycuan Casino (El Cajon, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

long process two days orientation plus paper work drug test waiting ,dont miss phone call interview they not calling you twice try be on time for orientation,if you miss orientation you lost everything,try to get all information right I meant it ALL INFO

Interview Questions

• do you have reliable transportation?   2 Answers

Department Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Cajon, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Sycuan Casino (El Cajon, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

Meet with HR and filled out paperwork asked to comeback for interview with the department head. The meeting was in a room by the HR office and met with the department manger and supervisor. They seemed to be under pressure but the interview went well

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was none. Salary compensation not negotiable.

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Cajon, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sycuan Casino (El Cajon, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

It is a very stringent hiring process. You must apply through the Sycuan band Tribal government, not the casino itself. From there HR contacts you where you then meet for an interview. You are then required to submit to all the necessary background checks, drug screen, and must apply for your gaming commission license. The gaming commission does a separate background check and you must provide references who speak to the quality of your character and professionalism.
    You then meet with the supervisors in the specific department. If that interview goes well you return for an observational work day. Then they consider you for employment amongst other candidates.

Interview Questions

• "Someone who does drugs is more likely to steal. True or false. You chose false. Please explain."   1 Answer

Security Office Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Cajon, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sycuan Casino (El Cajon, CA).

Interview

You fill out the application on line and then meet with the HR person that is hiring for that Dept. there is a online evaluation questionnaire. You meet with the Dept. Manager and they evaluate your skills identifying reporting and documenting. If you do well they hire you and you will be drug tested and go before the gaming commission.

Interview Questions

• They had me do comprehension test   1 Answer

Count Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Mesa, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sycuan Casino (La Mesa, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

First I received an email asking me to send out 5 emails to my references to rate me in different areas. I thought it was strange to get references before even interviewing me but, ok, I did that.
    They called me after close to two weeks later to set up an in-person interview. The date and time I was given didn't work with my schedule so I had to defer. I was asked at that point "are you even still interested in being considered for this position?" What? I said yes and was told I would be contacted if they had more appointments come available. About 4 hours later I received another phone call to schedule an interview for a different date. I accepted. While on the phone with the coordinator she gave me 3 different times to come in, not choices, assigned times that she couldn't get straight. When she finally settled on a time, she gave me directions to the HR building.
    Fast forward to the day of. I followed the directions of where to park (TOP FLOOR OF THE PARKING STRUCTURE) and then I would have a short walk to the HR building. I had to call the HR department to find out where to go from the parking garage. When I still got unclear directions I took the elevator to the lowest level of the parking garage and found the Valet office. I asked the guys there (they laughed, obviously I'm not the first) and they were nice enough to offer me a ride in their golf cart up to the office. On the way we discussed the unsatisfactory directions. He dropped me off at a door that was not marked as HR... after passing 4 other doors that were unmarked as well as a whole empty parking lot that would have been much more reasonable to park in.
    After finally arriving 10 minutes late (a 20 minute ordeal) I checked in with the receptionist. I took a 50+ question personality assessment which took about 15 minutes. Afterwards, I was taken into a room by a very nice woman who wanted me to clarify some of my answers. After that, I was reseated in the reception area and told to wait. About 10 minutes later I was taken into a room with 2 associates of the department I was applying to. The actual interview was very dull and even with my enthusiasm it never got better. I am actually thankful I was passed over for the position, I had decided I would have declined an offer based on the lack of personalities I witnessed.

Interview Questions

• Can you spend a long time standing (7+ hours)
      Are you capable of lifting, pushing, pulling weights up to and possibly over 40 lbs.?
      Can you work weekends, holidays, or accept shifts at the last minute?
      Are you flexible enough to come in at 3am and stay up to 16 hours for one shift?   Answer Question

Sycuan Casino Response

Mar 6, 2017 – Director of Human Resources

We're so sorry you had a negative experience with the interview process and the location of our offices. Our interview process is a little different from the typical process and can be a little more... More

Assistant Food Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sycuan Casino in March 2014.

Interview

Applied in January and got a call to schedule an interview mid March. Upon arrival I took a personality test on the pc and after 20 minutes I was called in a room to explain my questions such as: have you always been honest? Should someone get fired for stealing 10 bucks?
    Interview went smooth and was asked typical interview questions but mostly personality questions.

Interview Questions

• During the interview they gave me a verbal quiz on food safety, packaging etc..   Answer Question

Resort Utility Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Cajon, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sycuan Casino (El Cajon, CA) in August 2018.

Interview

When you walk in, you will be asked to complete a Personality Assessment. After your assessment is done, you will be asked to wait for an employee to interview you.

Interview Questions

• I f an employee steaks from the company, should they be given a second chance?   1 Answer

Accounting Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Cajon, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sycuan Casino (El Cajon, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

They called me for an interview for the accounting clerk position but at the end they offered me a higher position as accountant. Because I am over qualified to be a clerk. I have over 10 years of experience.

Interview Questions

• They asked me general accounting questions.   1 Answer