Sylvan Learning Centers Instructor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sylvan Learning Centers Instructor Interview Questions

Interviews at Sylvan Learning Centers

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Bourbonnais, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sylvan Learning Centers (Bourbonnais, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

There was no formal interview for the position I applied for. I was a teacher and submitted my resume and transcripts via email. I was called to come in and filled out my paperwork and began the training process. There was a group of us starting at the same time, so we were trained together.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sylvan Learning Centers

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sylvan Learning Centers (Boston, MA) in July 2014.

Interview

I walked in (no appointment or even prior information about Sylvan) and sat down with the Director of Education to inquire about the company. She asked questions about my teaching methods and past positions held. I was immediately offered a position, as math instructors were in high demand. A background check was performed, and the slowness of that was the only difficult part of the process.

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sylvan Learning Centers (Jacksonville, FL) in August 2012.

Interview

Quick interview. Basic questions about teaching. I also had to teach a lesson in front of the owner of the center and the director of the center. This was done in one day. Phone interview with director first which was very short. An interview with owner of center and then teach a lesson with both.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sylvan Learning Centers (Chicago, IL) in August 2011.

Interview

I called my local learning center to ask if they were hiring. They were open to it, so sent them my resume for consideration after the call. I went in, met the directors, spoke about my qualifications, and heard back about a week later. They were primarily looking for an advanced math tutor, but wanted to know what other subjects I had proficiency in (e.g., college entrance exams)

Interview Questions

• If hired, do you think you would stay here for at least a year?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wales, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sylvan Learning Centers (Wales, WI) in August 2011.

Interview

Short and concise give them what you can and good luck with the test ACT

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was in no position to negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sylvan Learning Centers (Dallas, TX).

Interview

submitted an application for fulltime position, and was referred to a part-time position. I went in for an interview and it was more on the basis of communication skills, not so much educational proficiency. Just communicate efficiently

Interview Questions

• what can you bring to the team   1 Answer

Instructor Interview

Interview

Asked for an one-to-one interview with the center manager and gave you a week training. They basically gave you some idea of what you were going to accomplish as a center instructor. Also, you had to pass some exams before moving on with the company

No benefits

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sylvan Learning Centers (Colorado Springs, CO) in September 2013.

Interview

I first applied online to one of the locally owned centers in my area. They then contacted me to set up an interview. I had a one on one interview with the local owner and center director. It was fairly informal, but they asked questions about my teaching experience, passions, and qualifications.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any difficult questions. Questions were typical of an education atmoshpere   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sylvan Learning Centers (San Jose, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

The interview went well. It seemed like the director was engaged and interested in what I had to say. The interview was smooth. It was just the hiring process afterwards that kind of slowed things down. This was in a program called Ace-it, so I'm not sure if they have the same process or level of care for this as they do normal operations.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult questions were probably those included in the awkward process of test-taking before my employment started. The software was buggy and could only be completed in a Windows Workstation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Sylvan Learning Centers (Orlando, FL) in December 2015.

Interview

I was sat down and asked if I had experience with taking care of children and can "deal" with them well. Asked about my time at my University and what I was studying. Wasn't quizzed on anything or drilled. Was like having a personal chat and then immediately offered a job.