Sylvan Learning Centers Teacher/Tutor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sylvan Learning Centers Teacher/Tutor Interview Questions

Interviews at Sylvan Learning Centers

2.2

Teacher/Tutor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sylvan Learning Centers.

Interview

Sent my resume to an ad on Craigslist, set an interview time over email. Interviewed and was hired on the spot. They just asked typical teacher questions. How would you deal with this type of student, etc. they also explained how the training worked and asked me about my teaching experience.

Interview Questions

• What would you do for a student who wasn't focused?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Sylvan Learning Centers

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sylvan Learning Centers (Charleston, SC) in October 2015.

Interview

It was very quick and perhaps more relaxed-than-standard; they were especially interested in my math skills, since math teachers are few and far between at that particular center. They sent me home with a packet to fill out and asked me to let them know when I could start. I did not find out until after I was hired that I needed to have a teaching certificate to secure my position.

Interview Questions

• Through what level of math are you comfortable teaching?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sylvan Learning Centers (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

It was a standard process. They called me in for an interview. We went over my resume, background in teaching, and years of experience in different content areas. I explained why I was looking for part-time work. I was able to ask a lot of questions. I remember asking about the student population, opportunities for more hours and promotions, available technology, and the staff. My questions were all answered. I felt like I got to know the organization very well during the interview.

Teacher/Tutor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sylvan Learning Centers.

Interview

Immediately they were aware of my qualifications from a resume I had submitted for review. the interviewer was polite and made me aware of the center expectations of their teachers and salaries were discussed. I was made aware I had to pass an intelligence test on computer prior to being hired. All progressed well.

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sylvan Learning Centers (Rochester, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

At the time I originally applied, they were not hiring, and said they would contact me when they were. They contacted me a few months later like they said they would, I scheduled an interview for either the next day or the day after. I interviewed with the owner. Her questions were very direct and straightforward, but the interview was short and simple. Then, I observed out at the tables where the students were being tutored.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sylvan Learning Centers (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2011.

Interview

Very friendly, asked about teaching background and examples of tutoring. I was shown the general set up and how they run tutoring. They explained how each hour worked, and the materials they used. They gave a great outline of how to structure and run a session, and explained some of the difficulties some teachers encounter and how to work around them.

Tutor Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sylvan Learning Centers (Jersey City, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview was short, to the point, amicable and easy. The interviewer told me a great deal about their goals, focus and culture. She mentioned the requirements and expectation very clearly. I was told about the background check (expect that with any job involving kids, especially). I got a call back the next day and they helped with the internal certification on their training system (paid).

Teacher/Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Midtown Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sylvan Learning Centers (Midtown Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2012.

Interview

Submit resume online and complete quick application. Then, local centre follows up with a phone call, gets to know you a little bit, and invites you to the centre for an in person interview afterwards. In-person interview goes through standard walk through resume/ behavioural questions + scenario questions. Really friendly interviewers.