Sylvan Learning Centers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Sylvan Learning Centers

2.2

Sort:

Teacher/Tutor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sylvan Learning Centers.

Interview

Sent my resume to an ad on Craigslist, set an interview time over email. Interviewed and was hired on the spot. They just asked typical teacher questions. How would you deal with this type of student, etc. they also explained how the training worked and asked me about my teaching experience.

Interview Questions

• What would you do for a student who wasn't focused?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sylvan Learning Centers (Charleston, SC) in October 2015.

Interview

It was very quick and perhaps more relaxed-than-standard; they were especially interested in my math skills, since math teachers are few and far between at that particular center. They sent me home with a packet to fill out and asked me to let them know when I could start. I did not find out until after I was hired that I needed to have a teaching certificate to secure my position.

Interview Questions

• Through what level of math are you comfortable teaching?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sylvan Learning Centers (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

It was a standard process. They called me in for an interview. We went over my resume, background in teaching, and years of experience in different content areas. I explained why I was looking for part-time work. I was able to ask a lot of questions. I remember asking about the student population, opportunities for more hours and promotions, available technology, and the staff. My questions were all answered. I felt like I got to know the organization very well during the interview.

Teacher/Tutor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sylvan Learning Centers.

Interview

Immediately they were aware of my qualifications from a resume I had submitted for review. the interviewer was polite and made me aware of the center expectations of their teachers and salaries were discussed. I was made aware I had to pass an intelligence test on computer prior to being hired. All progressed well.

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sylvan Learning Centers (Rochester, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

At the time I originally applied, they were not hiring, and said they would contact me when they were. They contacted me a few months later like they said they would, I scheduled an interview for either the next day or the day after. I interviewed with the owner. Her questions were very direct and straightforward, but the interview was short and simple. Then, I observed out at the tables where the students were being tutored.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sylvan Learning Centers (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2011.

Interview

Very friendly, asked about teaching background and examples of tutoring. I was shown the general set up and how they run tutoring. They explained how each hour worked, and the materials they used. They gave a great outline of how to structure and run a session, and explained some of the difficulties some teachers encounter and how to work around them.

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sylvan Learning Centers in June 2011.

Interview

Get a Call screen
    Get an Interview

Interview Questions

• Where do you need to improve   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was pretty straight forward

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sylvan Learning Centers.

Interview

Applied online through job listing and received an email for an interview about a week later. Interviewed with the center's Director of Education and then observed instruction afterwards. A follow up phone interview was scheduled with the Center Director who primarily asked situational questions. About a week after that, I received an email with an offer letter and new hire forms. Scheduled a meeting after new hire forms were completed to finalize things. Entire process took about 3 weeks or so.

Interview Questions

• What I did to overcome a difficult task in a job setting   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sylvan Learning Centers in May 2013.

Interview

Very short, 15 mins max. The employers were very "chill" and relaxed, it was great to be in an interview where I could be myself and describe how I could benefit the company and provide open and constructive feedback on how I could further improve the company

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bourbonnais, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sylvan Learning Centers (Bourbonnais, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

There was no formal interview for the position I applied for. I was a teacher and submitted my resume and transcripts via email. I was called to come in and filled out my paperwork and began the training process. There was a group of us starting at the same time, so we were trained together.