Sylvan Learning Centers Teacher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sylvan Learning Centers Teacher Interview Questions

Interviews at Sylvan Learning Centers

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Fair Lawn, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sylvan Learning Centers (Fair Lawn, NJ) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online and was called back for a brief phone interview the same day. Scheduled in-person interview for a few days later. Was given a tentative/likely offer at that interview and officially offered the position within a few days, started within two weeks of sending in the application.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sylvan Learning Centers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lima, OH

Interview

The interview took 20 minutes. Some questions were general but others were bey specific. It was not too bad as most questions asked were pretty general. Math teachers do not have to have a teaching license. The facility was very nice, and clean.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work at Sylvan Learning Center?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sylvan Learning Centers (Omaha, NE) in January 2018.

Interview

I first was offered a phone screening. Very basic questions such as how I heard about Sylvan, why I want to work at Sylvan, what difficulties in teaching have I had to overcome, what age groups/subjects I'm comfortable teaching, and what my availability would be.

Interview Questions

• 1. What is my highest level of reading/math I feel qualified to teach?
      2. Least favorite subject to teach?
      3. Strengths and weaknesses as a teacher
      4. How do I get distracted kids back on task?
      5. How do you accommodate different learning styles?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Flower Mound, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sylvan Learning Centers (Flower Mound, TX) in January 2018.

Interview

Pretty straightforward. They ask how you work with kids, your passion for teaching and how you can simplify information for students to understand. Very straightfoward process. Anyone with a passion for teaching should go for it.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sylvan Learning Centers (Baltimore, MD) in February 2015.

Interview

Simple. Easy Questions. The director at the time did not ask any questions about content knowledge, just personality based and how to deal with parents. Talked about where Sylvan is going with their curriculum.

Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sylvan Learning Centers (Frisco, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview began with my background, then moved into why I'm seeking employment at Sylvan. This discussion lead to a conversation about the vision of the program and the expectations.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a great fit for this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sylvan Learning Centers (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

My interview began as a phone interview and I am still in the interview process. I had the interview on monday and received a phone call on Wednesday to come in for a observation which is the next step of the process. After that I will hopefully move on to an in person interview. The beginning of the phone interview began with the discussion of what all happens at Sylvan and what they are expecting from you. At the end of the interview I asked some follow up questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you motivate an unmotivated student?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Baytown, TX

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sylvan Learning Centers (Baytown, TX) in April 2010.

Interview

Director screens applicants, calls you in to "make sure you are not weird," then makes a decision based on qualifications and personality. Was asked how I deal with differentiation. Asked if I could handle various levels and subjects at once. Wanted me to tell her what hours I could work. Seems really biased and elite.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None.

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sylvan Learning Centers (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2011.

Interview

I stopped by to ask if they were hiring. The center's manager was there. They were looking to hire an upperlevel math teacher. I am not a certified teacher, but they can hire 2 noncertified teachers at each center and only if they are teaching math. She basically hired me on the spot after asking about my teaching and tutoring experience. She requested my resume and transcript be sent to her before she could officially hire me. I sent those in and started working 2 weeks later. I loved the job. Great people and very organized.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sylvan Learning Centers (San Jose, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

Bachelor's degree required. I was a new graduate and heard about the job on Craigslist. I sent in my resume to the email given and came into the office for an interview. My interviewer was very polite and she was just interested in what kind of person I was and my tutoring experience, why I was interested in working with kids, etc. Straight forward.