Symantec Associate Authentication Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Symantec Associate Authentication Analyst Interview Questions

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Authentication Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Symantec.

Interview

1. Phone screen with senior employees from varying teams within the department.
2. Face-to-face skills assessment with same people that conduct the phone screen. This consists of a chat activity and an activity to determine your attention to detail. During this portion you take 2 "customer" chats at a time. One of the chats is a customer angry about their order, and the other is asking for general information that can be found on the customer's website.
3. If you do well enough on the skills assessment, you will have a face-to-face interview with some of the supervisors.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had a difficult customer, and how you were able to resolve the issue.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Symantec

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Symantec (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

My agency contacted me first, after being advised of the job description I applied via the agency. Then I was selected for a phone interview, then face to face with each brand managers at once. I guess they wanted to see how you do under pressure. The only thing different than the normal was I did a typing test to see how many words per minute I could do. A few days later the job was offered and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• The typical questions, where do you see yourself in so and so years?
      Describe a crazy situation and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Associate Authentication Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Symantec.

Interview

First Round- Phone Interview with two managers. General questions about your experiences, they ask questions regarding about the relevance it is to the position.

Second Round- Panel Interview with multiple Many questions about the position and how you fit in. Typing Test is taken while they watch you.

Interview Questions

• Technical Questions, They bought up two listings of a company and ask which would I choose to authenticate.   Answer Question
    • Why you instead of another candidate?   Answer Question

Negotiation

None, done through agency

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Symantec (Mountain View, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

The first interview was a phone interview with two analyst. This call was to get to know me and my experiences and how I would be an asset to the team.

The second interview was about a week or so later. The interview was with a panel of supervisors and Senior Analysts. They asked questions about your experience in customer experiences and about how you approach policies and procedures. They also had an example of an authentication process, asked how you interpret the directions and what you would do. Finally, there is a typing test that is on a screen that the panel can see.

I received an offer a few days later and started two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• How have you contributed to any policies/procedure changes at your previous position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Symantec (Mountain View, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

At the time that I interviewed, it was with four people. They asked general questions about customer support and how I would handle situations. With two of the people, it felt more like a conversation as opposed to a question and answer format.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate