Symantec At Large Interview Questions | Glassdoor

699 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Featured Interview

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Symantec (Mountain View, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

first hiring manager give me a phone screen with questions on basic Java Programming skills, after a couple days, invited me onsite and did 3 - 4 round in-person interviews. asked questions about the work experience and architect design , Algorithm Design and Data Structure Design..and with Spring Framework techs. and after around 1 week , got the final decision.

Interview Questions

• Spring framework and Algorithm with Java Programming skills   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Symantec

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Symantec (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

The overall process took 6-7 weeks total. I interviewed for a couple teams (it is a somewhat separate process per team). This involved 2 phone screens folowed on-site interviews (2 per team). HR was very accomodating and I effectively got to choose which team to provide me an offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Symantec.

Interview

I was set up with a 45 minute phone interview. I was asked behavioral questions and some technical questions. Did I know what an API was? How would I implement a queue? How would I find the problem server in a cluster of servers? What was an abstract base class in Java?
    I got a second interview and was offered a position but turned it down.

Ebc Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Symantec (Mountain View, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied through a recruiter since this position is a contract position. Phone screening by recruiter then invited to 2 rounds of in-person interview. Overall a 2-week process.
    Met with the entire team and learned more in-depth the nature of the job and culture.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions: Tell me about yourself. What makes you interested in the position? How do you handle conflict?   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Symantec (Tempe, AZ) in October 2017.

Interview

I passed the phone screening. I didn't like it was way too short, I didn't get the chance to speak much as I was constantly interrupted. Most of the time, the HR representative spoke about the company, the office and its beautiful location.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Symantec in September 2017.

Interview

First interview was behavioral with HR. Second interview was technical/behavioural about resume with technical Project leader. Overall smooth process, didn't make it past second round though. If I did, there would have been an onsite interivew

Interview Questions

• Compare and contrast your two favorite program languages   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Symantec (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2017.

Interview

Questions sent in an email - they had also resent them and had no idea they were sending duplicates. The responder was so rude when an inquiry was made about it. Not professional at all.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Symantec (Mountain View, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

The worst experience I had till now is Symantec. Save your time by not applying to this company. Recruiters called me and we had initial discussion. First round was a call with hiring manager who asked decent amount of sensible questions. Then was onsite round. Reached Symantec HQ 10 minutes before interview time and first interviewer was late by 20 minutes. SERIOUSLY !!!!!! If candidate is late, its a negative point but what happens when interviewer is late???? First interview was design question and while I was explaining approach, interviewer was on phone with probably using whatsapp. I had to explain him approach twice at each point. Then had coding rounds. All went fine. Now is the worst part. Not hearing back from Recruiter after following up multiple times. What happens if candidate signs offer and don't show up on first day ? He is blacklisted in company records !!! Probably !!! Probably NOT !!!! But Symantec is blacklisted in my list of companies now. ALL THE BEST SYMANTEC for such a culture.

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Symantec (Bronx, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

it was very brief and fast, i was made to understand i will be purchasing the uniform code and once i got the uniform, i can always came back for the job offer

Interview Questions

• are you available to work with our shifts   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Symantec (San Diego, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

So apply as usual, online and submit your application. Then wait from them to hear back and get an interview by phone and if you make it through the filter, onsite.

Interview Questions

• There are two interviews, one by phone and one in person, for the phone be prepared to answer technical questions, it is useful to have notes on general CS topics. Then for the on-site if you get called, it is a hackathon where you will be required to analize a problem and they will look for problem-solving skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Symantec (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Phone interview. Quite basic problems about Linux (some basic commands), algorithms (such as binary search tree, Big O of data structure) and some coding in Python (simple task of processing file).

Interview Questions

• Write a Python script that removes all comments from a cpp file   Answer Question