Symantec Interview Questions in India | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 3, 2017

3.3

202 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Symantec (Pune (India)).

Interview

After a technical round consisting of English, Maths, Aptitude, SQL and Programming, I got a call for face-2-face interviews on the next day.

On reaching for interviews, we had to rate ourselves according to technologies.
    I rated myself equally in C and Java.

The interviewer gave me the freedom to write and explain programs in any technologies. I chose java. Later I came to know that the interviewer was looking for C candidates. If they had specified this previously, I could have given answers in C.

Overall a good experience. Management by HR was very bad. Made to wait too long.

Android Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Symantec.

Interview

Total 6 technical rounds. First two rounds are on webex. Followed by a F2F round.
    The Webex rounds are taken by senior technical members or managers. Problem solving, multi threading and design patterns are the topics they focus on.
    The F2F round is of 4 hours. The interviews keep on asking various questions without any break. I felt that the interviewers in the F2F round were not interested in understanding the potential of the candidate but to show case their knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Reverse a sentence   Answer Question
    • Find second largest element in an array   Answer Question
    • Explain producer consumer problem using wait and notify methods and write an example using two threads. One threads displays even numbers, other thread displays odd numbers. The input is 1 to 100   Answer Question
    • Implement circular queue   Answer Question
    • Find third last element in a linked list. Write the solution for any nth element.   Answer Question
    • Explain the design patterns you have used   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Symantec (Pune (India)).

Interview

Initial aptitude round is very simple and easy to crack. The next round is coding and it has above average level of difficulty. Consisted of three codes to be completed in 90 minutes.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Symantec in May 2017.

Interview

I got mail from HR for .NET developer position in symantec chennai. Before starting, i had similiar experience in last year also ( July-2016) . There were around 300+ candidates. First there was a written technical exam. 20 MCQ and 5 Programming questions. We complted our exam by 11. The exam was easy and they made us waiting till 4 o clock. And finally they called around 10-15 people and said "you guys can go now, if you are selected will let you know by next week". And to remaining people they said , you guys are not selected and you can go now. I did well in written but dont know what happen. Last year they said to me the same, "you cleared first round, will let you know the next procedure by next week". I waited entire week, and I dint get any response, when I called the HR he said, sorry you are not selected. Both time, it was reakly frustrated. I dont for why they conducting interview every year like this.

Interview Questions

• MCQ : Data structure, Web, c#, Delegates
      Programming : Reverse a string, Abstract class, sum of numbers   Answer Question

Dotnet Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Symantec (Chennai (India)) in May 2017.

Interview

Hi JobSeekers, I had attended symantec interview for dot net developer on 27th May 2017.
    First round is written Test. The objective questions from Data structure,Web applications and C#.net and there are 5 logical programs u need to write.The first round will be easy if u have logical knowledge as well as technical. Around 250 people were attended this first round. And finally 35 members went to next round.
    I haven't cleared my first round.The only problem we faced is results are announced very late so candidates are getting bored.But in between they have provided free Lunch to all..That's really very good thing...Thanks symantec..

Interview Questions

• 1)Reverse the given sentence without using c#inbuilt function 2) Inheritance 3)Sum the given number 4)Interfaces 5)delegates   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Symantec (Pune (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

7 round of interview. 6 from india & 1 from USA. All interview feedback should be excellent else you will be rejected.

1. Written test. All programs

Then all f2f interviews..

Interview Questions

• Binary tree , windows internals, c++ basics, some design questions   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Symantec.

Interview

Test was on hackrrank then two technical rounds and HR. Interview was conducted on there office.process took one week. Location of interview was sent through mail for those who cleared first round

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Symantec (Chennai (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

First they give you a sheet which has languages and your efficiency on OS and your previous intern and then they tell you to rate yourself and questions will be based on your strengths.
    There are 2 technical interviews and 1 hr interview

Interview Questions

• How do you reverse a linked list?   1 Answer
    • How do you find anomaly element in an array if all the array elements are repeated twice and one is repeated thrice   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Symantec (Chennai (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

4 Rounds:

1. Online Test - The Online round was hosted by HackerRank. There was a total of 22 questions. The time given was 1 ½ hours. Every correct answer carried 1 mark and every wrong answer carried -1 mark. 20 MCQ and 2 coding questions.

2. 1st Technical Interview - He asked a lot of theoretical concepts, aptitude, and a little bit of coding. This round mainly concentrated on my fundamentals and basics of computer science. For aptitude, he asked questions from trigonometry and age problems.

3. 2nd Technical Interview - Concentrated on coding. He asked me around 6 coding questions based on implementation of stacks, queues, etc. Code has to written on paper and the algorithm has to be explained.

4. HR Interview - Basic HR questions like "Why Symantec?", etc.

Interview Questions

• Nothing which stood out as a difficult question. You stand a good chance as long as you are good with your fundamentals.   Answer Question

Principal Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Symantec.

Interview

Bad in overall. The position is for a Windows principle engineer. The day after consultancy called it took 2 weeks to schedule interview. First schedule was not happened as nobody called me, even hr was not picking up while I called them back for reminding. Second rescue it happened for around 1 hour 20mins. After 2weeks again they called for another round it was repetitive of first round. It went 1.15 hour same questions and same mode of talk. He continually ask qns and not stopping even after scheduled time. After that no update.