Symantec Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Symantec Intern Interview Questions

Updated May 16, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Symantec (Culver City, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

First got a phone screen call from an engineer, who was really friendly and I actually really enjoyed that call. She wasn't just a recruiter saying how great it is to work there, but we talked about various technical topics, from her asking questions and me asking her questions about her work.
Then the next week it was two back-to-back onsite interviews with two engineers both on the team I was interviewing for. Basic whiteboarding questions. First interviewer was really cool

Interview Questions

• Asked me about an NES emulator I worked on (from my resume)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Symantec

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Symantec (Culver City, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview process was very smooth, involved a technical call with basic questions about my resume and a collaborative IDE coding challenge. Then went into more personal questions about my resume and other projects I had worked on.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Symantec.

Interview

I interned in the symantec research labs division. Since i am a phd student, i was asked mainly about my resume. things like - why did you do this, and not this. The people were polite, flexible and smart. My overall experience with SRL has been quite wonderful actually, and I would recommend the place to anyone who wants to get hands on research that is not only academically oriented but also very practical. We published and wrote patents, and the people were fun to be with.

Interview Questions

• Nothing specific actually. Most of the questions were about my resume and some related topics   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Symantec (Mountain View, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone: About project and interests, just show your enthusiasm and you will be okay.
    Panel: 4 people:Grilling, was asked to write code(easy) on the whiteboard, they went in great depths of my projects(difficult).

Interview Questions

• How did you improve the efficiency of your code in your project? time of execution of code? algo. development?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Symantec (Culver City, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Met a recruiter at my school's career fair. He sent me an email a few days later asking to schedule a 30-45 minute technical interview. I scheduled the interview for a few weeks after the email was sent-- all coding questions (3 or them): one on implementing a stack with template, one on trees, one about parenthesis checking (also stack). Coded in C++ on collabedit.

Moved on to on-site interview: mostly conceptual questions about polymorphism, classes, and data structures. Got phone call a few days later saying I made it through, and HR contacted me the following week. Took about 2 weeks to finalize offer.

Total time taken to finalize things after the initial phone interview: ~3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Question about malloc, free, realloc (more C like terms)   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did no negotiate. First time applying for internships (inexperienced), offer was competitive.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Symantec (Mountain View, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Apply in school job fair. Then receive a email to arrange an half day interview with 3 department managers. Each manager have interview for about 45 minutes. There was a 5 minutes break between each manager. After all interview, they arrange a lunch and campus tour to all the candidates.

Interview Questions

• If a customer complain about the website feature, what will you do?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

A phone interview of basic C++/C data structure questions including differences between algorithm run times, classes and structs, polymorphism, inheritance. The onsite interview included two interviews, 45 minutes each.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Symantec.

Interview

Technical Phone Interview by the Sr Software Engineer. Generally, It is a 45 min technical interview and mostly technical questions and programming questions. C, C++, Java. All the concepts of Java were prominently asked quite often in the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Symantec (Mountain View, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Pretty simple process. Met them at a campus career fair and followed up later with an online application. Had a quick screening call with the hr manager then one 30 minute phone interview with the department manager. Got the offer a week later. I was applying for a non-technical position so they were looking more for fit and experience than technical knowledge.

Interview Questions

• If you were given 3 tasks that were impossible to complete by the deadline, what would you do?   2 Answers

Negotiation

Minimally negotiable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Symantec (Mountain View, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

2 rounds - tech
    and behavioural
    got call hrough college recruiting process took 3 weeks to respond and schedule the interview.
    expected questions based on what is on your resume or whatever language you prefer to answer