Symantec Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 15, 2018

260 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boxborough, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Symantec (Boxborough, MA).

Interview

It was a lengthy process. Took a couple of months of interviewing multiple times with the senior management and the hiring manager. I was asked questions unrelated to the job I applied for. I went in with an open mind and was later informed that they had to hire an internal referral.

Category Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Symantec (San Jose, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

WARNING: COMPANY GHOSTS CANDIDATES

Applied for the role through Glassdoor. Within a week, an HR coordinator reached out for an initial screen. Moved on to a phone screen with the hiring manager. What was intended to be a 30 minute discussion lasted almost an hour; very good rapport with the hiring manager.

This proceeded to an on-campus interview. After some logistical issues, spent half a day in San Jose with the hiring manager and other "stakeholders." For some stakeholders, felt like this was a waste of time - three cut short because they had other meetings. Most didn't even bother to review my resume.

The worst part was after the interview. Aside from an obnoxious reimbursement process, I never heard a word again. Here's how I learned I didn't get the job - several temp agency recruiters contacted for the exact same role on a contract basis (six in one day).

Ebc Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Symantec (Mountain View, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied through a recruiter since this position is a contract position. Phone screening by recruiter then invited to 2 rounds of in-person interview. Overall a 2-week process.
    Met with the entire team and learned more in-depth the nature of the job and culture.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions: Tell me about yourself. What makes you interested in the position? How do you handle conflict?   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Symantec (Tempe, AZ) in October 2017.

Interview

I passed the phone screening. I didn't like it was way too short, I didn't get the chance to speak much as I was constantly interrupted. Most of the time, the HR representative spoke about the company, the office and its beautiful location.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Symantec in September 2017.

Interview

First interview was behavioral with HR. Second interview was technical/behavioural about resume with technical Project leader. Overall smooth process, didn't make it past second round though. If I did, there would have been an onsite interivew

Interview Questions

• Compare and contrast your two favorite program languages   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Symantec (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2017.

Interview

Questions sent in an email - they had also resent them and had no idea they were sending duplicates. The responder was so rude when an inquiry was made about it. Not professional at all.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Symantec (Mountain View, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

The worst experience I had till now is Symantec. Save your time by not applying to this company. Recruiters called me and we had initial discussion. First round was a call with hiring manager who asked decent amount of sensible questions. Then was onsite round. Reached Symantec HQ 10 minutes before interview time and first interviewer was late by 20 minutes. SERIOUSLY !!!!!! If candidate is late, its a negative point but what happens when interviewer is late???? First interview was design question and while I was explaining approach, interviewer was on phone with probably using whatsapp. I had to explain him approach twice at each point. Then had coding rounds. All went fine. Now is the worst part. Not hearing back from Recruiter after following up multiple times. What happens if candidate signs offer and don't show up on first day ? He is blacklisted in company records !!! Probably !!! Probably NOT !!!! But Symantec is blacklisted in my list of companies now. ALL THE BEST SYMANTEC for such a culture.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Symantec (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Phone interview. Quite basic problems about Linux (some basic commands), algorithms (such as binary search tree, Big O of data structure) and some coding in Python (simple task of processing file).

Interview Questions

• Write a Python script that removes all comments from a cpp file   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Symantec (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Got a call through referral for Norton Unit. I scheduled it for after a week. The phone call lasted for about 30 minutes, only technical questions were asked. Topics were based on Java, OOPS, and SQL.

Interview Questions

• Was questioned on Java, OOPS, SQL and about one project in my resume. Which data structures did you use? Why?   Answer Question

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Symantec (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

First interview was a grueling 90 minutes of questions, more difficult than I had experienced at Google or Amazon - this was with no warning that it was going to be technical. It was meant to be a first round screening.

Interview Questions

• Too many to mention. Outdated hardware particularities and technologies (circa year 2000) to obscure algorithms rarely used.   1 Answer