Symantec Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 12, 2017

1. Featured Interview

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Symantec (Mountain View, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

first hiring manager give me a phone screen with questions on basic Java Programming skills, after a couple days, invited me onsite and did 3 - 4 round in-person interviews. asked questions about the work experience and architect design , Algorithm Design and Data Structure Design..and with Spring Framework techs. and after around 1 week , got the final decision.

Interview Questions

• Spring framework and Algorithm with Java Programming skills   Answer Question

Interview

Not so tough. Any one who goes through http://www.careercup.com/ for few days can easily crack the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. I had to accept what they offered.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Symantec.

Interview

I had 3 telephonic round. all technical one HR

Interview Questions

• What is the difference in having a static vs. a dynamic library in iOS platform.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Symantec.

Interview

Hiring process starts with a phone interview. Once past that, you will be panel interviewed by either multiple managers, multiple peers, or both. Primarily behavioral interviewing technique used. If you make it to the next step they will run a background check. If background check is passed, you are hired.

Software Developer Interview

Interview

1.Written Test(mainly of aptitude)
    2.Technical interview(3 rounds)
    3.HR interview

Developer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Symantec.

Interview

Submitted resume to company through university's job-search website. Got an interview a week later. First part was just talking about the company and what interns do. Then got to the technical questions. Two interviews were scheduled at the same time, but one interviewer was late and didn't show up for 30 minutes. So instead, we had a 2-way interview where the interviewer asked us a question each. Symantec told me that I would hear back in 2 weeks, but I never did. Nobody is responding to my e-mails and I cannot contact them.

Interview Questions

• Write a function that reduces a string to a certain format, where for instance
      "abcefg" would turn into "a4g"
      "dog" would be "d1g"
      "monkey" would be "m4y"   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Symantec.

Interview

6 rounds of interviews from HR to members of the team

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Symantec.

Interview

This was internal but these are things they will ask externals. They believe that so long as you fit the Symantec mold and have the correct skills and traits for sales you can come from any background and succeed.

Interview Questions

• Ok so sell me one of our products.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Again, this was internal but they have limits below standard market so find out what the standard is and negotiate up from there.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Symantec.

Interview

Semi-professional,phone screen and 2 on-site interviews. One guy was obsessed with his blackberry while interviewing me. Like come on, you can't not read email or play solitaire for 20 minutes?

Interview Questions

• How do you maintain integrity in a difficult situation and how do you know you are maintaining it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Decent, I negotiated

SQA Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Symantec.

Interview

Met the hiring manager at a career far, was invited for an on-site interview about a couple later. Interview process was two individual technical interviews, pretty short. I also met a couple of the other people in the department, and got a tour of the site -- just a quick intro sort of thing. The HR people called back within a week to give me an offer.

Interview Questions

• Iteratively perform an in-order traversal of a binary search tree. The problem included discussions about the pros and cons of various implementation depending on how low-level the implementation was, what memory was available, etc.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

Phone screen, then a few interviews with hiring manager, HR, director