Symantec Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 12, 2017

1. Featured Interview

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Symantec (Mountain View, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

first hiring manager give me a phone screen with questions on basic Java Programming skills, after a couple days, invited me onsite and did 3 - 4 round in-person interviews. asked questions about the work experience and architect design , Algorithm Design and Data Structure Design..and with Spring Framework techs. and after around 1 week , got the final decision.

Interview Questions

• Spring framework and Algorithm with Java Programming skills   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Symantec (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in October 2017.

Interview

Went through University. The interview was nice with a mix of questions and technical problem solving questions. Need to hear from the still. Very considerate and thoughtful interviewers who understood skill levels and aksed questions based on that

Backend Protection Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Symantec (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

There was a brief phone interview. The interviewer was very friendly and asked simple questions related to data structures and object-oriented design. Then I got noticed about the onsite interview. The onsite interview consists of 3 sessions in each of which on person will ask you one or more questions. At last there is a brief conversation with an HR.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Symantec in September 2017.

Interview

First interview was behavioral with HR. Second interview was technical/behavioural about resume with technical Project leader. Overall smooth process, didn't make it past second round though. If I did, there would have been an onsite interivew

Interview Questions

• Compare and contrast your two favorite program languages   Answer Question

SQA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Symantec (Pune (India)) in February 2013.

Interview

5 rounds of interview.
    Included technical and analytical rounds. Testing methodologies that I have used earlier.
    Went through each and everything mentioned in my CV.
    1 Automation round
    1 HR round and Salary negotiation.

Interview Questions

• Networking concepts and security domain
      Puzzles were given to solve.
      Testing methodologies.   Answer Question

Sales Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Symantec (Pune (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

Thumbs up to HR team for well organized interview. Usually you don't find these day in most of the other organization

First interview was basic Pen & paper test. (Aptitude , English & Few Oracle based question) easy & simple. After shortlisting of selected candidate.

Hr round, basically they looking your communications skills & past experience.

The Ops rounds went really well, Hiring manager ask details question from my resume.

Interview Questions

• Any experience Oracle application (SDFC, Oracle 11i & R12)   Answer Question

Associate SQA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Symantec (Pune (India)) in March 2014.

Interview

6 rounds of interview. General automation and logic questions. Some puzzles. Complex problems. Basic QA questions. Regression, performance, smoke, sanity, functional, non functional, severity, priority etc. Overall nice interview experience.

Symantec IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Symantec (Pune (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

Symantec (Pune)
    It was an On-campus technical test, which included for sections (all technical), Java, Linux/OS, Android Development and Database(Sql query and PL sql), the shortlisted students where than called to interview in their office. Please be sure to not get swayed by pre placement talk of the different departments in Symantec, we went for a development role but ended up sitting in Networking role because of the influence in their Network Infrastructure Services.

Interview Questions

• Questions included routers, firewalls, routing algorithms, MAC address, Process Scheduling and your past projects.B   1 Answer

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Symantec (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2014.

Interview

there were multiple round through phone, later face to face, 2 round of f2f, then manager round . there were multiple round through phone 2 round of f2f, then manager

Technical Support Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Symantec.

Interview

it is very simple process and if you have windows or networking certification then the chances of getting selected is more. you will have to answer the questions about the antivirus and security.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Symantec (Chennai (India)) in April 2015.

Interview

University Recruitment - Around 250 people were invited to the office on a Saturday. The first round was a written technical round. They shortlisted around 50. There were 4 technical interviews. Moderately tough. I disclosed the result in the final round. Hired!! :)