Symantec Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Symantec Interview Questions

Updated Mar 15, 2017

3.1

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Symantec (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

Somehow their HR found me via LinkedIn and ask if I am interested in a position there. I was looking so I said yes.

He called me, explained the whole process, which includes phone interview, a coding test at home, onsite interviews, onsite test.

Then it was at home coding test which is about 2 hours. It went fine. A few day's later, the hiring manager called and went fine too. On site interview was interviewing with the whole team, including those at remote locations, via conference call. Then it was a one hour written test, followed by interview with the manager. The manager mentioned that their had 3 CEOs in the last 4 years.

Everything looks fine, after back home I wrote a thank you letter to the HR and wish to hear back from them in the near future.

About 3 months later, finally the HR wrote back, obviously there were mis-communication between the hiring manager and HR, each thought the other party was handling the case. The HR apologize and ask if I am still available, I said I can be available in two weeks notice time.

Another 4 months past, finally I got an auto email saying the position is "filled" and it is over.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Symantec (Pune (India)) in July 2014.

Interview

3 Rounds of the interview. Questions were majorly related to java and basic data structure.
    Interview process was smooth. It was only one day process. It took almost 4 hours. I got an offer after 2 days.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Symantec (Culver City, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

First got a phone screen call from an engineer, who was really friendly and I actually really enjoyed that call. She wasn't just a recruiter saying how great it is to work there, but we talked about various technical topics, from her asking questions and me asking her questions about her work.
    Then the next week it was two back-to-back onsite interviews with two engineers both on the team I was interviewing for. Basic whiteboarding questions. First interviewer was really cool

Interview Questions

• Asked me about an NES emulator I worked on (from my resume)   Answer Question

Marketing Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Symantec in August 2016.

Interview

The interviewer was initially rather stern-faced and aloof, but warmed up mid way into our conversation. It's a pretty good flow of exchange in information and expectations of both parties.

Interview Questions

• How I handle tough situations / people.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Symantec.

Interview

Long day of interviews with 5 people (an hour each) asking you to code something on a whiteboard. Some of the interviewees barely even greeted you, just rushed into asking you to code in a condescending manner (perhaps it's a cultural thing as most of them were south Asians). I was offered no breaks between interviewers, and only one person offered me the chance to get some water.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Symantec.

Interview

single interview by phone - went through the CV and certificates. Recommendations were verified by phone calls - process was normal given that the interviewer knew me already . They were familiar about my accomplishments and I knew many people already. People were smart and when I decided joining the company, the process went fairly well

Interview Questions

• relationships with target customers   1 Answer

Negotiation

correct

Star Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Symantec.

Interview

Met an engineer at career fair and was invited for a telephonic interview by a recruiter a few days later. Two weeks after the initial interview, was then invited for a pending on-site interview. The process was relatively straightforward.

Interview Questions

• What is a namespace? What does the protected keyword mean in C++?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Symantec (Chennai (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

it was an good experience for me even though i dint get an offer letter.
    1st round is Written test.
    followed by 2 technical interviews and 1 hr interview.
    questions will be based on your strengths.

this interview is for freshers

Threat Analysis Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sangli, Maharashtra (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Symantec (Sangli, Maharashtra (India)) in July 2016.

Interview

On campus Interview
    5 Hrs
    Java
    Data Structures
    Brain Teasers
    Operating Systems
    A thorough check was done for technical knowledge
    Then complete process of interview went for 2 days. First day was coding round on hacker rank. And some technical questions. The second day 12 people were shortlisted. The two technical rounds of interview were conducted along with an HR Round.

Interview Questions

• Brain teasers on Probability and combinatorics   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Symantec (Pune (India)) in April 2013.

Interview

First telephonic round. then Face to face. approximate 6 to 7 face to face round would be there including HR round. Interview process is too lengthy. you have to be patient till you get HR call