Symantec Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Symantec Interview Questions

Updated May 20, 2017

Principal Information Security Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Symantec in April 2016.

Interview

I applied for this position online and was connected with the recruiter. After a couple of weeks, I was invited to speak with the recruiter on the phone.

During the call, the recruiter immediately asked me if I have a US citizenship and if not, the company will not be able to move forward. The interesting part is that this requirement was NEVER specified anywhere in the job description. As of this writing, the job posted in popular job boards and Symantec's website still does not list US citizenship as the requirement for this position.

It is very strange that for such as an important job requirement, Symantec will not post this anywhere in the job posting. It is almost as if Symantec is just collecting resumes with no intention to go forward.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Symantec.

Interview

hired through a recruiter, basic process took 3 months, interviewed with HR then hiring manager, engineering manager and Vice President. required phone, multiple 1:1s at different levels including subordinates, and vice president.

Interview Questions

• how would i handle a difficult customer   3 Answers

Principal Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Symantec in March 2016.

Interview

Here's the list of unfortunate events happened:

I saw a job posting of interest through linkedin for symantec and applied there.
    After 3-4 weeks a recruiter sent me an email apologizing me for the delay and then asking for a time slot for telephonic interview.
    Then starts the unending rescheduling every 2 days with different excuses. This continued for 2-3 weeks.
    He used to block my google calendar for a future date and time, then just before the interview day, he would cancel saying
    that Director or the concerned person was unavailable.
    I left multiple VMs for him, he hardly responded.At one point I lost interest, but he continued rescheduling at his own wish and convinience.
    Finally he responded to my email, I asked him is the job still there. He confirmed its still there and apologized for the delay.
    Finally we agreed on a date and he said there will be no more change.

Worse is not over yet, here's more:
    I went to their career site and realized that the job post posting is no longer there. However they created a duplicate posting with different job id, which really stuck me. Is there something messy?
    Then comes the next shock, I got a rejection email from them citing that I am not suitable. That's just couple of hours before the scheduled interview.
    The phone interview was scheduled the same day, I sent an email to the recruter asking about rejection email, but he didn't respond as expected.
    I was not expecting any call from the interviewer but after 15 minutes of the scheduled time the interviewer called me and asked me couple of questions without any real interest. He was in a rush, and not in mood to talk in depth. I asked him about the rejection email, he had no answer :-( By that time I realized its not a real job posting. Its little late, could have saved my time and energy.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Symantec.

Interview

Applied online. Recruiter contacted within a day. I had telephonic interview. Interviewer asked about singleton pattern, I answered it but he was looking for a particular answer and was rude.

Software QA Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Symantec in March 2016.

Interview

Talked with recruiter at university career fair in January and was given a coding problem, and he decided to refer me. Then I had a short 30 minute technical phone interview in March. Was expecting an on-site interview, but I got the offer just hours after I had my technical phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Reverse a string and check if it is a palindrome.
      Check if an integer is a prime number.
      Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Symantec (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

They offered me about 10 days to prepare and gave me a 30-min long phone screen. First, some behavior Qs and then, data structure, tree and LL, and also some brief Qs about time complexity. The last thing is coding challenge as I said below.

Interview Questions

• Coding:Output the comments in a Java file   1 Answer

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Symantec (San Diego, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by Email to fix a time and date for the phone interview. The interview was nice and the person taking it was my potential manager. He was very polite and helpful and the phone interview lasted 40 mins. He told me I would be contacted in a week with the progress, but after not receiving anything for 2 weeks, I emailed them. I was then told that they had moved on to other candidates.

Finance Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Symantec.

Interview

Initial on-campus interview and then brought to Mountain View for 3 back to back interviews. Beautiful office, clicked really well with the people. Interviewers asked about my resume, lots of behavioral/hypothetical questions, some technicals. People were super nice and intelligent and they just finished renovations in the office. The technical interview was interesting because the interviewer worked on the questions with me which was awesome and made everything a lot less intimidating.

Interview Questions

• If you were the CEO, which company would you acquire and why?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Symantec in February 2016.

Interview

I never got a chance to interview actually. The interview was cancelled after it was scheduled to begin. Manager said he had a last-minute meeting to attend at 9am. The interview was then rescheduled without consulting my availability. This is just a bad way to do business, reflects poorly on Symantec, and disrespectful of my time. I expressed my dissatisfaction with the interview process and the recruiter responded that this is very common with other companies and doesn't reflect badly on Symantec.

As a company, you need to realize your interviewee's time is very valuable. I have to set aside time in my day to do an interview as well as time the day before to prepare and read up on the company. If you need to cancel an interview, you need to provide an advance notice. I would've settle for 10 minutes notice even as a courtesy.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Symantec in February 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, need to solve a coding problem. The interview will also ask basic questions related to experience, skills and projects that are on your resume. Mostly a software engineer of your future team will take the phone screen.