Symantec Interview Questions in Pune, India | Glassdoor

3.3

116 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Symantec (Pune (India)) in December 2017.

Interview

Telephonic round followed by face to face rounds. This review is more of the technology they used rather than Symantec itself. Unfortunately the sound quality was not at all good of webex and this annoyed the interviewer apparantly. Otherwise I was satisfied with my answers still got rejected.

Network Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Symantec (Pune (India)).

Interview

They asked the resume based questions.
    Instead of working on networking platform, they wanted to me to work on non technical platform. They got into deep networking questions though. Get your basics crystal clear. The interview was very easy.

Interview Questions

• Questions on OSI model layers. Their protocols like http, ftp, TCP, UDP, etc.   1 Answer
    • Collision free protocols   Answer Question
    • What process will take place when you type a website's URL? Explain the whole concept.   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Symantec (Pune (India)).

Interview

Interviews as follow - 3 rounds, 2 Technical, 1 managerial
    Hiring is a lengthy process,
    Questions will be depended for what position you are getting hired.
    Technical questions, Entire recruitment life cycle.

Sales Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Symantec (Pune (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

Thumbs up to HR team for well organized interview. Usually you don't find these day in most of the other organization

First interview was basic Pen & paper test. (Aptitude , English & Few Oracle based question) easy & simple. After shortlisting of selected candidate.

Hr round, basically they looking your communications skills & past experience.

The Ops rounds went really well, Hiring manager ask details question from my resume.

Interview Questions

• Any experience Oracle application (SDFC, Oracle 11i & R12)   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Symantec (Pune (India)).

Interview

After a technical round consisting of English, Maths, Aptitude, SQL and Programming, I got a call for face-2-face interviews on the next day.

On reaching for interviews, we had to rate ourselves according to technologies.
    I rated myself equally in C and Java.

The interviewer gave me the freedom to write and explain programs in any technologies. I chose java. Later I came to know that the interviewer was looking for C candidates. If they had specified this previously, I could have given answers in C.

Overall a good experience. Management by HR was very bad. Made to wait too long.

Symantec IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Symantec (Pune (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

Symantec (Pune)
    It was an On-campus technical test, which included for sections (all technical), Java, Linux/OS, Android Development and Database(Sql query and PL sql), the shortlisted students where than called to interview in their office. Please be sure to not get swayed by pre placement talk of the different departments in Symantec, we went for a development role but ended up sitting in Networking role because of the influence in their Network Infrastructure Services.

Interview Questions

• Questions included routers, firewalls, routing algorithms, MAC address, Process Scheduling and your past projects.B   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Symantec (Pune (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

Interview process was one day process.Their were 3 rounds of Interviews.First was technical interview.If you clear that then Managerial round and last HR if you clear managerial round.
    It totally depends upon the interviewer to which round you appear .My interview was taken on database

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Symantec (Pune (India)).

Interview

Initial aptitude round is very simple and easy to crack. The next round is coding and it has above average level of difficulty. Consisted of three codes to be completed in 90 minutes.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Symantec (Pune (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

7 round of interview. 6 from india & 1 from USA. All interview feedback should be excellent else you will be rejected.

1. Written test. All programs

Then all f2f interviews..

Interview Questions

• Binary tree , windows internals, c++ basics, some design questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Symantec (Pune (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied through College University
    Rounds were as follows:
    1.Technical aptitude(all based on Linux and DBMS and some oops)hackerrank was the interface.
    2.Technical interview at Symantec kharadi office after being shortlisted.
    3. Managerial round which had technical + Hr type questions.
    usually they conducted only these three rounds but in my case I had to undergo a telephonic round which was based on the interests i told in my interview.

Interview Questions

• Oops basic Questions
      Dbms related Question (Second highest salary)
      Os Questions(booting process)