Symantec Interview Questions in Pune, India | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 11, 2017

3.3

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Symantec (Pune (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied through College University
    Rounds were as follows:
    1.Technical aptitude(all based on Linux and DBMS and some oops)hackerrank was the interface.
    2.Technical interview at Symantec kharadi office after being shortlisted.
    3. Managerial round which had technical + Hr type questions.
    usually they conducted only these three rounds but in my case I had to undergo a telephonic round which was based on the interests i told in my interview.

Interview Questions

• Oops basic Questions
      Dbms related Question (Second highest salary)
      Os Questions(booting process)
      Networking related questions(working of https)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Symantec (Pune (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied through my college campaus drive .Interview process take 2 days .
    first round is technical aptitude test,2nd round is F2F technical,3rd is HR
    I cleared the 1st round then I Face technical round that is very easy basic question asked but i am not prepare well.

Interview Questions

• some sql queries,Project related questions,java basic qustion& oops concepts   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Symantec (Pune (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

it had 4 rounds , 1 online round ,2 technical rounds and 1 hr
    the online round was conducted on hackerrank and it consisted of 20 mcqs and 2 coding questions which were of average difficulty.200 people sat for it 12 were selected ..then they called us to their office for interviews

Interview Questions

• mainly OOPS and multithreading

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Symantec (Pune (India)) in July 2016.

Interview

There was a aptitude test conducted first. It consisted of 20 questions based on c++,networking.Questions were mostly on C++ concepts like Virtual functions,Operator overloading etc.
    It also had 2 coding questions.

Interview Questions

• Didn't clear Aptitude round.   1 Answer

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Symantec (Pune (India)).

Interview

For a product company the interview is more techinal and specific to other technology
    Multiple rounds and repetition of questions in all rounds

Multiple rounds and repetition of questions in all rounds

NIS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Symantec (Pune (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

Aptitude round,Technical round,HR round
    Everything based on company domain(mostly question's based on networking)
    Technical Interview was bit easy based on networking basics .
    Whole process was well organized as well on scheduled..

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Symantec (Pune (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

Online Round: Very basic linux questions...nothing was asked on Linux fundamentals...questions were mostly related with Linux commands like passing multiple arguments over pipe, how to search for string in files, how to recursively list files, diff between set and map etc

Onsite Round 1:
    Very bad behaviour. No greeting, handshaking, introduction by interviewer. No question was asked about my prior experience.
    He simply started asking same kind of questions which were related to Linux commands or some basic things like socket calls...This time I really got confused if position was for Sysadmin job or Software Engineering Job :)
    Only relatively tough question asked was to implement your own NEW and DELETE function. I gave implementation of MALLOC in glibc.
    Interviewer did not even gave me opportunity to ask questions about job position.

After Lunch(that you have to do alone :)), round 2 started

Onsite Round 2:
    He was relatively better interviewer. Here interviewer was mainly focused on C++(and one very simple programming question :)). Interviewer gave me an opportunity to ask questions about job position.

Got Rejected.

There were no data structure and algorithms questions. I have 7 years of experience but they did not even bother to ask DESIGN level questions to me. They did not asked me about my current work and architecture of a product that I worked on. Actually, these kind of questions are asked in any normal Software developer interview especially if it is for senior dev role((I have been taking interviews for over last 2 years).

I got rejected because I was not able to answer some of linux commands and linux API related questions(asking linux cmds in whole round for sennior dev role was strange to me) and C++ questions(I had not worked in C++ for last 4 years).

My guess is interviewers simply had no knowledge beyond what they are working on. Questions asked were of really bad quality as questions were neither related with computer science fundamentals nor related related with my work experience.

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Symantec (Pune (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

Interviewed at Pune EON . for mobile team
    1. Telephonic - Java basic + multi threading
    2. In person round
       2.1) Round 1 (Technical)
       2.2) Round 2 (Technical)
       2.3) Round 3 (Technical)
       2.4) Round 4 (Behaviour + HR )
         Expectation discussion , how to resolve conflict among team. Current CTC bla bla.

Interview Questions

• 1. Question on algorithm like best way to find prime number .
        Making it efficient
      2. Implement your thread pool
      3. Design Cricket commentary system with various insight like best score on the ground , highest/lowest score, winning loosing history like cricinfo
      4. How wait and notify works
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Symantec (Pune (India)) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied through college in Pune. It was a pool drive. All rounds were qualifying rounds.

FIrst Round - Technical Aptitude
    Second Round - Technical Interview (In whatever good you're at.)
    Third Round - HR

Interview Questions

• I opted for development so questions were asked for Java, C++, Database, SQL queries, and a bit of Networking and SDLC.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

i applied through college(sibar).
    first round is aptitude in which questions are based on operating system , and problems on train , some questions are based on progrmming language like c and c++.

and second round is technical interview. this round is so easy because in which ask the questions those who are mentioned in your cv.

and third round is also Techinacal interview but ask some questions about your self like HR round.

Interview Questions

• i asked to HR.
      can u ask about ur comapny's position in next 5 years..