Symantec Senior Technical Support Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Symantec Senior Technical Support Engineer Interview Questions

Updated May 25, 2017

3.1

Senior Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Symantec.

Interview

Applied Online, there is a long interview process. The first interview was a written technical test. Followed by interview with Lab exercises and a test. After that there is several interviews with various levels of management or co-workers. The process can take a few weeks and can be more than 4 interviews.

Interview Questions

• Be ready to talk about or edit local security policies.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Symantec

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Symantec (Boston, MA) in November 2009.

Interview

I had two interviews and was offer the position. First interview was run by peers, was a round table with 3 other Sr Support techs. They all asked in depth technical questions, some were specific and others were open ended to see how you would approach a situation.
    Second Interview was only with the hiring manager, I had passed the technical portion and this was more of who am I and where do I want to go.

Interview Questions

• Where I wanted to be in 3 to 5 years at Symantec - I say this one was the most difficult not that it was hard to answer, but that the manager knew where I wanted to grow into and said sure that can very doable - but then did nothing to help me along that path.   Answer Question

Negotiation

very little negotiation, my currently salary was near the top of the pay scale there.

Senior Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Symantec (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

You've got 3 technical tests then a ridiculous amount of interview with management and higher management to a point where your last interview would be with someone not too far from the CEO. We're talking about a support role... The process took more than 6 months and resulted to an unexpected closing of the position. The position has been reopened later on and guess what ? You have to restart from scratch all over again. I've heard someone who was already working in the company and had a brilliant career there to have had the exact same experience. That's just insulting. They're thinking they're Google but even Google is quicker and smarter than that for their hiring process and if the reject is coming is coming from the company's fault, candidates should be able to carry on where they've been stopped. What a nonsense.

Interview Questions

• 1 big QMC about networking, hardware, OS and bit of security. and further tests related to SQL Server.   Answer Question

Senior Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Symantec.

Interview

a bit grill on personality - how to handle test and work - technical test is ok not too difficult the whole process does not take long - 2 interviews - one for group interviews for techie and last interview with manager

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not able to negotiate

Senior Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Symantec.

Interview

2 interviews and a relatively easy process, with request for commitment and effort on taking the company to the next level. Local interview with local GM and region VP were the interviewers.

Negotiation

The company has a reputation for paying well, but realistic on target earning quota are crucial for a good salary!

Senior Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Symantec in July 2014.

Interview

2 stage interview process, both by phone. The first was a technical screening conducted by another Senior TSE on the team. Consisted of 20 questions primarily covering Linux and Networking. A mix of theory and some troubleshooting questions.
    The second interview was with the team manager and covered work and project experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe the role of a DMZ and where it would be located in the network?   Answer Question

Senior Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Symantec (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

HR Interview / Interview with Management / Interview with Director

Senior Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Symantec (Reading, England (UK)) in January 2013.

Interview

Telephone interview about fundamental IT technologies, SAN, Networking (subnets, IPs, troubleshooting commands for Windows and Unix), Hardware, Windows, Unix basic admin questions. CIFS, NFS, Active directory, Backups, Snapshots, VSS, situational troubleshooting questions like why two clients are not able to communicate on the same subnet.

Senior Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Symantec (Sydney (Australia)) in December 2011.

Interview

The overall hiring process was great. The HR representative made me feel welcome during the interview which made the interview less stressful. Additionally, the interview with the hiring manager was great fun. It didn't feel like an interview but more like a couple of friends discussing work. The final phase of the interview was a technical interview with a current employee. Once again it was a relaxed atmosphere which allowed me to show my full potential