Symantec Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Symantec Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Oct 2, 2017

80 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Symantec in September 2017.

Interview

First interview was behavioral with HR. Second interview was technical/behavioural about resume with technical Project leader. Overall smooth process, didn't make it past second round though. If I did, there would have been an onsite interivew

Interview Questions

• Compare and contrast your two favorite program languages   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Symantec

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Symantec (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Got a call through referral for Norton Unit. I scheduled it for after a week. The phone call lasted for about 30 minutes, only technical questions were asked. Topics were based on Java, OOPS, and SQL.

Interview Questions

• Was questioned on Java, OOPS, SQL and about one project in my resume. Which data structures did you use? Why?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Symantec.

Interview

I met Symantec recruiters during career fair at my university. Some weeks later I got an email to solve a problem online. After succesfully solving the problem we scheduled an online interview.

Interview Questions

• The task was to generate all possible permutations of a string.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Symantec in November 2016.

Interview

Applied through university job board. Got an email after a month to schedule a telephone interview. Asked a few general questions about previous projects and three technical questions about Java.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Symantec.

Interview

Applied online. Recruiter contacted within a day. I had telephonic interview. Interviewer asked about singleton pattern, I answered it but he was looking for a particular answer and was rude.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Symantec in February 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, need to solve a coding problem. The interview will also ask basic questions related to experience, skills and projects that are on your resume. Mostly a software engineer of your future team will take the phone screen.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Symantec (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied on the school career fair and talked with their head recruiter. I did a simple coding test and about two weeks later I received an email from one of their techinical department manager to arrange an one hour phone interview. Now I am still waiting for the feedback.

Interview Questions

• Technical interview. I talked with one technical department manager and he mainly asked me about problems and basic concepts in sql. Questions are like how to select data with common features.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Symantec (Mountain View, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I'm a current Symantec employee. The interview was extremely disorganized. It's ironic that my colleagues and I interviewed at companies like Google, Amazon, and Facebook and got offers from them but are not qualified to work at our own company.

Interview Questions

• Random questions unrelated to the job description (Java required). Very old school, asking about C/C++ memory malloc, storage alternatives to DBs, RAM, etc. They just wanted to argue without following a logical explanation for an answer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Symantec (Cambridge, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

Symantec came on campus for a career fair. I submitted my resume and received a call a week later.
    Initial interview was over Skype, follow up onsite interviews were at their new swanky campus in Cambridge. Questions were pretty basic for the most part - implementing string functions in C and so forth.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Symantec (San Jose, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Telephonic and then onsite in Big data / DevOps team. The team is really rude and makes you feel like they are the busiest person on planet earth. During interview, they kept interrupting me and asking me useless questions. I was scheduled for 4 interviews. But after 2 interviews they rejected me for no specific reasons as I could solve all the algorithmic problems given by them.

Looking at their behavior, I would not like to make them my future colleagues.

Interview Questions

• Search element in rotated binary search   1 Answer