Symantec Software Quality Assurance Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.5

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Symantec (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter due to my resume posting online. Two phone interviews, once with the recruiter, second with hiring manager. Flew out to Los Angeles and met with the staff for a day of meetings/interviews. Some were casual, like a lunch with development staff that was pretty much just feeling me out, others were more technical. Received an offer a few days after flying back home.

Interview Questions

• There were many logic based questions. I would later learn, after being on the other side of the interview process, that this team liked to ask very difficult or impossible questions just to see how you would try to work through them. They weren't concerned with an answer, just your ability to try and work through it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Initial offer was substantial enough that I accepted without further negotiation. Received generous starting salary, plus full relocation and a nice stock package.

Other Interview Reviews for Symantec

Software Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Symantec (Pune (India)) in February 2012.

Interview

The HR contacted me through an email; to which i responded positively. Next day a telephonic interview was scheduled (since i was not in India).
    An employe for the team for which i was going to work for conducted my 1st round, the question were basically on QA, basic of SQL(triggers etc) and puzzle.
    I had cleared my 1st round and HR mailed me inquiring as to when i was available for 2nd round. As i was onsite i informed them to Scheduled it the next day.
    2nd Round was conducted by team lead (SUP) through Skype; Questions had some Coding stuff (basic) and SQL queries (was asked to write some queries).
    Manager's round was a last round kind of tough(wiered) and not related to the work which i was going to be part of .

Interview Questions

• Unexpected Questions
      1> CPU process
      2> Memory leakage   Answer Question

Negotiation

The salary range that i quoted had a lower range and higher range. I was given exactly the lower range.