Symantec Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Symantec Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview Questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Symantec (Mountain View, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Recruiters asked to provide timelines for in-house interview and was not replying for 9 days. Looks like recruiters at Symantec are very busy. Finally after interview was scheduled, i had to wait between interviewers for 25 min first time, and 15 min second time. Didn't look like they are actually want me there at all.

Interview Questions

• None unexpected. I asked question what do they like at Symantec, and no one could say even one positive thing - not about company, or work they do.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Symantec

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Symantec (Culver City, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

The recruiter worked quickly to set up a phone screenings and an onsite interview. Everything was pretty standard in terms of questioning. Coding exercises, basic demonstrations and verbal descriptions of software solutions was chiefly the way to go. The team that I interviewed with was very supportive too. Overall, it was very pleasant.

Interview Questions

Basically, my desired compensation was not matched. Pretty disappointing but no hard feelings about it all.

Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Symantec (Pune (India)).

Interview

Got call from HR.
    First round telephonic. Got feedback after almost a week that I have cleared it.
    2nd, 3rd, 4th (in one day all F2F) - Technical, Questions on Resume, OOP, Data structures, Database, OS, Networking, Testing, Puzzles. After all this HR will get back to you...again after a week got feedback that you have cleared.
    5th, 6th - again F2F technical and same type of questions.
    7th (Manager) - some technical and manager talk.
    Here manager tells that after this one Vice President round is there and after that HR.
    VP round scheduled after almost a month and ask some random networking questions in 10 mins.
    No feedback after this so called to HR to here "you have not cleared VP round"
    Wasted almost 2 days in F2F interviews, 2 months in process and they took 7 rounds prior to VP. So these people are fools as they have given positive feedback.
    As a QA, these type of questions are not at all expected. Also no use of clearing with manager that dont know much about OS and networking.
    They are not clear what they are looking for from a person.
    Not sure whether thay really want to hire or just want to do some time pass.
    Symantec WAS a good company but now something is seriously wrong with them.

Interview Questions

• OOP, Data structures, Database, OS, networking, testing and puzzles   Answer Question

Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Symantec (Chennai (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

Had telephonic interview with HR about the work currently I am doing and HR shared me the role and responsibility of the Job which I applied.
    After this I had 2 rounds of 1-1 telephonic technical interviews.
    After this I had skype interview panel having two members to cover technical area.

Interview Questions

• 1. Questions which will cover basic java scripting problems. (palindrom, remove duplicates from sorted char array without using extra mem)
      2. Questions mostly related to http/https handshakes, what is webservice, TCP, DNS and localhosts etc.
      3. Questions related selenium (webdriver, waits, exceptions and handling the same)
      4. Problem solving question to design the digital stop watch.
      Answer Question

Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Symantec (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2014.

Interview

it's was a 25 minutes interview, simple question. The job is found in school career board. But I didn't prepared for this one. this should be an easy one to get.

Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Symantec (Pune (India)) in June 2012.

Interview

1.Shortlisting of Resume
    2. First round of interview semi technical
    3. 2nd round of interview technical
    4. HR round non technical and salary

Interview Questions

• Technical question based on Hardware of computer RAM/Window OS
      Difference between 64bit ans 32 bit OS .
      Answer Question

Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Symantec in March 2012.

Interview

First I got the chance to speak to two students currently on placement with the company, who were there to relax me and answer any questions I had. This was not part of the interview.

I was then taken in for my interview with one line manager and one senior manager. They asked me questions about my CV along with a few others, but nothing particularly difficult. They explained the available roles to me and asked which I would be most interested in.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions. Just be sure you are able to go into depth about your CV.   Answer Question

Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Symantec (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2012.

Interview

Interview overall is easy and it was in campus interview, asked basic questions about myself and described the job responsibilities and the company. Accompanied some technique questions related to testing and network basics.

Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Symantec (Bengaluru (India)) in November 2010.

Interview

Got a call from Recruiter and attended telephonic as first round. About the project and role were asked in telephonic.
    Second round was taken by couple of enginners asked about architectures and some automation based questions.
    Third round was again technical asked about some linux commands followed bu db concepts. Final round was with manager, it was cool

Interview Questions

• Asked to write a program in java to extract portion of log file by searching with a keyword   Answer Question