Symantec Summer Software Engineering Internship Interview Questions | Glassdoor

4.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Summer Software Engineering Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Symantec (Culver City, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

I attended USC's Viterbi Industry Networking event and had a chance to speak one-on-one with a technical, recruiter for a good length of time. I gave him my resume and he emailed back the next day asking to set up a phone interview. We had a brief back-and-forth about the time of the phone interview, and then finally got around to it.

Additionally, I attended a career fair the next day and spoke with two more members of Symantec's recruiting team. I learned more about the company and answered a few very basic technical questions (how to print only odd numbers from 1-100 using a for loops, etc). I was then told to submit my resume online through the USC recruiting portal (connectSC). I was informed today that I was rejected from this position, but I still had my phone interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a Class in C and an Object in C++?   2 Answers
  • What is the difference between "Abstraction" and "Inheritance"?   1 Answer
  • Give some examples of Big-O notation time complexity. What is the time complexity to insert an element into a singly-linked list? What is the time complexity to access an element in a collision-free hashmap?   1 Answer
  • What is the difference between a signed and unsigned integer variable type?   2 Answers
  • How are signed numbers represented in binary notation?   1 Answer