Symantec Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 30, 2017

3.1

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Strategy Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Symantec (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very efficient. From the start to finish the HR team were outstanding in getting back to me and keeping me up to date along the interview process. The overall experience was fairly quick and complete within a month.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenging situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about the market?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was quick as I was offered what I asked for in my HR screening.

Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Symantec (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

informal call
    formal interview with local team and then a follow up with broader global member
    two consecutive presentations for different audiences and then a final call with senior management

some of the stages were repetative but imnot sure if that was the process or that different teams had different availability

Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Symantec (Reading, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

Face to Face interview was average and would not class it as hard. A lot of generic IT network questions as well as security related ones. The interview process was very structured and the whole recruitment process was well informed. The reply was a quick turn around which was expects within the Cyber recruitment area.

IT Principal Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Symantec (Reading, England (UK)) in June 2014.

Interview

Got a call from HR to arrange an interview at their offices, was pretty informal and they didn't ask as many questions as I thought. I had an initial phone interview/conversation with one of the team and then came in for the face to face interview which was with two people. The questions where pretty standard and high level.

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Symantec (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Telephone interview, 1st round f2f interview with HR, 2nd round panel interview with recruiting manager and peers, 3rd round f2f interview with manager's manager

Interview Questions

• None - pretty standard interviews covering experience to date, competency based questions and motivation to join   Answer Question

Negotiation

Back and forth 2-3 times before we agreed on the basic salary

Pre Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Symantec (Reading, England (UK)) in March 2013.

Interview

The process was slow and involved 4 interviews.. Initial hr interview followed up by phone interview.. Followed by presenting to a panel on there topic of choice followed by a phone interview with the director of pre-sales.. I took some time to get an offer

Senior Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Symantec (Reading, England (UK)) in January 2013.

Interview

Telephone interview about fundamental IT technologies, SAN, Networking (subnets, IPs, troubleshooting commands for Windows and Unix), Hardware, Windows, Unix basic admin questions. CIFS, NFS, Active directory, Backups, Snapshots, VSS, situational troubleshooting questions like why two clients are not able to communicate on the same subnet.

MSS Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Symantec (Reading, England (UK)) in October 2012.

Interview

Hiring Process is really good. They deal with interviews well. However whilst i was there they made people attend interviews 3 times (Face to Face) because they were consistently unsure.

Interview Questions

• Would i ever work at Symantec again?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They do not pay according to the average market & will only take you on if you are willing to meet their budget. My position was 20k a year but on the market it was based as 30k a year. To prove this, i handed my notice in when i got the next job.. it's similar.. yet pays a lot more.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Symantec in March 2012.

Interview

First I got the chance to speak to two students currently on placement with the company, who were there to relax me and answer any questions I had. This was not part of the interview.

I was then taken in for my interview with one line manager and one senior manager. They asked me questions about my CV along with a few others, but nothing particularly difficult. They explained the available roles to me and asked which I would be most interested in.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions. Just be sure you are able to go into depth about your CV.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Symantec (Reading, England (UK)) in March 2012.

Interview

Standard - Was dealing with an agency. Had a telephone interview first with HR & then a face to face with the Sales Director that would be responsible for making the decision.
    Then a meeting with the head of the UK. 30/60/90 presentation as standard.

Interview Questions

• They asked me all the standard interview questions, nothing from left field.   Answer Question