Symetra Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Symetra Interview Questions

Interviews at Symetra

2.7

Marketing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Symetra.

Interview

The entire process was nothing but professional. I first heard about this position on indeed.com and went ahead and applied. After a couple of days, my recruiter, James reached out and we set up a quick call to go over the position and see if was still interested.

After the call was over, We set up a phone interview which lasted about 30 mins. Within the next day or so, James had told me that they'd like to move forward with on onsite interview with the hiring manager.

The onsite was a one-on-one and lasted about 45 minutes. It was a very great experience, and she was extremely friendly. A couple days later, James informed me that they'd like me to submit a project (I had to create a flyer promoting Symetra life insurance)

After this step, I had one final onsite interview which lasted a couple hours. The first hour was with the executive Vice President of the benefits division (very friendly man, it was less interview and more conversation) the second hour was with my future team members (in my case, 2 people) both were very friendly and great to chat with.

About a day or so after, James called me to let me know that they would be checking my references. And shortly after that he extended my offer letter.

This whole process was been a great experience! Shout out to James, my recruiter, who was always so prompt in reaching out to me when I had questions and guiding me along the way.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral interview questions.

Tell me about a time when...
      Do you have experience with...
      Time management questions
      Etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer was great and I didn't feel like I needed to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Symetra (Bellevue, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

I had a ~45 min conversation with a recruiter--she asked me some of the usual questions (What interested you in Symetra?) along with a few questions about prior experience ("tell me about a time when"-style questions, and she wanted me to talk about specific instances).
    After that, I had to do a "skills assessment" which was a simulation of being a customer service rep. Pretty easy.
    Later, I had two 30-minute interviews with two different teams who were hiring (over video chat due to distance). I got an offer after providing references and meeting with someone from the company in person for a quick chat.

Interview Questions

• Q: What makes you the most satisfied at work?   Answer Question
    • Q: Describe a time when you had to handle an angry customer   Answer Question
    • Q: How do you develop relationships with customers when you can only talk with them over the phone?   Answer Question
    • Q: Asked me to explain unemployment gap of around 9 months   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Symetra (Bellevue, WA) in July 2017.

Interview

I was contacted about 2 weeks after I had applied online. First I was contacted by the recruiter by email and then the next day I had a phone interview. One week later my interview was scheduled. At my in person interview I met with the supervisor first and then second I did a video interview with 2 managers together. Everyone was extremely kind so it made me much more comfortable. I ended up getting a call from the recruiter before I made it home from the interview. About 45 mins after I left. I was offered the job and started a month later.

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Symetra (Bellevue, WA) in July 2010.

Interview

I had a phone interview with their HR rep. I then scheduled an inperson interview with one of the hiring managers. It was in a conference room at their building, and everything went pretty well. Very generic questions. A week later I interviewed again with the same hiring manager, a different hiring manager, and a lead. More behavioral questions and resume questions were asked. About a week later they called and gave me an offer.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Symetra (Bellevue, WA) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was quick: less than a week went by between the time the HR rep called me, 2 phone screens and then my in person interview. I found the folks the at Symetra to be friendly and accommodating. The skills assessment was more difficult than I had anticipated, especially in light of how the job duties had been described to me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Symetra (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

Had two phone interviews and 3 in person interviews (same day). First interview was through HR, pretty typical questions - what do you know about company? Why our company? Why the position? Etc. Second phone interview was with manager. The different interviews were with different people from department and departments I would be working with.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Symetra (Bellevue, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fairly standard. I worked with a representative from HR who did my scheduling. I had a phone interview with the manager for the team and then was brought in to meet the team in person. I was not told prior that a majority of the team would be teleconferenced in which was not a problem but just something that is good to know ahead of time.
    I was told the decision would be made quickly and I would be contacted the next week. When I never received any communication I reached out to the HR rep via email and never heard back. A couple days later I emailed the manager I had met regarding the status and again, never received a response.
    I find it to be very unprofessional, especially for such a large company, to not follow up with an interviewed candidate. It was particularly unprofessional, in my opinion, to not even respond to an email with a no, you did not get the job. When job candidates take time to come interview with the company I believe they deserve the common courtesy of a follow up, even if the answer is negative.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Symetra.

Interview

The phone interview was very positive. I was given all the details about the position, how much it is paid, and asked several questions about my background and skills (experience+education). It took around 15 minutes and the interviewer was very pleasant.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Symetra.

Interview

Initial phone screening, in person interview with two unit managers, call back to sit with employees, offer, acceptance.

Actuarial Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Symetra (Bellevue, WA) in April 2009.

Interview

I was in contact with a recruiter for the company, and mainly corresponded to him. At the interview, there were 5 employees and myself in a conference room. I was asked standard questions like: What do you think an actuary does? Why do you want to be an actuary? What is your favorite class?
    Heard back about 10 days later.