Symphony Front End Architect Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

4.0

Front End Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Symphony (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

I was contacted via email. I had a phone interview with the recruiter. She asked some old fashioned JavaScript questions. I had a phone interview with the manager which went well but the position seemed to morph from Front End to Full Stack. I didn't really want to do full stack but was kind of hoping that it would be mostly front end. I came to the onsite interview. The front end seemed less and less and not even web anymore, more a desktop app. The first interview focused on algorithms and was boring and irrelevant. The second discussed front end which was OK but I felt only a weak connection. The third was very aggressive, focused on deployment (!), seemed to think that front end was easy nonsense, asked me "front end" performance questions that were just weird. I gave up and left since the job was so far off from the web Front End Architect that I already had and people didn't seem Front End focused. I was uncertain if I would be offered the job and, if I was offered it, it seemed like a bad idea to leave my current front end job architect job for something that was much more vague and ever changing.

Interview Questions