Symphony Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Symphony

1 Interview Review

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Symphony (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

I was treated very disrespectfully and would advise jobseekers to think twice about Symphony.

About a month ago, I applied for a position in marketing - their team is growing rapidly and they were recruiting aggressively. At first, I received very prompt and courteous communication from them. I had great phone conversations with recruiters and the hiring manager. I was then invited onsite to interview with 5 team members. This is where things took a turn for the worse.

My first two interviews onsite were normal. Then the third interviewer comes in acting nervously and immediately tells me I'm not right for the role. Even though I still had a few interviews lined up, I was immediately escorted outside the building and received a generic rejection email minutes later. Sensing my confusion, the interviewer explained that while my background was impressive, they had already offered the role to another applicant and were looking for candidates with similar backgrounds regardless of whether or not that applicant accepted the offer.

If they already knew I didn't have the requisite background for the role, why was I invited onsite to begin with? Or why didn't they cancel my interview ahead of time once they extended an offer to another candidate? Or since their team is growing rapidly, why not finish the interview and keep me in mind for other openings? These and other logical questions lead me to conclude that their recruiting process is at best disorganized and at worst dishonest. I took a day off work and prepared for the interview earnestly, only to be rejected so abruptly and callously. My hunch is that if they're that rude to interviewers, they're probably worse to their employees.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary, just questions about your background and experience. Some behavioral questions as well.   Answer Question