Symphony Senior DevOps Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Symphony Senior DevOps Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Symphony

Senior DevOps Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Symphony (New York, NY) in September 2018.

Interview

A recruiter from Symphony reached out to me on LinkedIn seeing if I was interested in the role. From there, he set up a phone interview with one of the recruiter's on the team. After talking to her and determining I was a good fit for the role - she scheduled a phone screening with the hiring manager. Talked basically about what I did currently as well as gaining more insight into the position and company in general. After that, I was scheduled an on-site interview in NYC with a couple of engineers on the team. I ended up not being able to make the short-notice trip to NYC and the scheduling coordinator was nice enough to let me do all the interviews via a Skype session. The video interviews went more in-depth on my technical skills and I did a simple coding exercise.

After the video interview, they wanted me to go to NYC to meet with the hiring manager in-person (as he was on vacation the weeks I was interviewing with the rest of the team). The hiring manager was a super nice guy, we ended up getting coffee, talking more about the role as well as getting more of an overview of their architecture in AWS. I ended up expensing all my travel expenses and they very quickly sent out the check.

After meeting with the hiring manager - the same day I got a call from the recruiter saying they wanted to extend the verbal offer. After a few more days I got a call from the hiring manager giving me the offer details. After thinking about it for a few days I ended up declining as moving to NYC was just something I didn't want to.

As a whole, I had a great experience talking to everyone from Symphony. They were super knowledgeable as well as polite, quick and courteous.

Interview Questions

• Given a list of strings, see if the strings make are an anagram.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Symphony

Senior DevOps Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Symphony (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

I've been contacted by the internal recruiter about an opportunity at Symphony. We've arranged to have a phone call to discuss company, role, my background, and attitudes. Recruiter excelled at communication and explanation of unique problems (with the depth of technical detail) and opportunities at the company.
    My CV was forwarded onto DevOps team. I've got contacted to have a call with US-based management, with 1 member from NY and another CA HQ.
    The second interview had more technical detail to it and deeper explanation of work loads, team structure and longer term strategy.
    3rd round was an onsite interview in London office (it is literally adjacent to a Bank station in the City of London). I've been met by a DevOps engineer who explained me everything about the team, role and the company. We went through technical conversations on various infrastructure, DevOps and cloud topics.
    This has followed with 4 more ~45min calls with US-based engineers and managers.

Overall, it was a very pleasant experience and the fact that majority of interviewers were US based, recruiters could accommodate late PM calls which were suitable given my day-time job.

Advice:
    Know your Linux, Networks, troubleshooting command line tools, know how Python works and most importantly have a passion for the role.

Interview Questions