Synaptic Advisory Partners Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Synaptic Advisory Partners Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2017

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Annapolis, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Synaptic Advisory Partners (Annapolis, MD) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was really great. The first step was a brief call to go over the position and information about the company which was really helpful. Then we did a 30 minute phone interview followed by about an hour in person interview where I also spoke with the CEO.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Synaptic Advisory Partners (Austin, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Pretty straight forward interview process. After the first round with HR to determine if a cultural fit, I then met with sales leadership. Basic questions around proven track record and career goals. Then a demonstration of the software to determine ability and technique.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Synaptic Advisory Partners.

Interview

Original outreach by HR, met in person with the VP of Sales and the CEO. Called by HR to return to give a demo. Presented demo of product to the VP of Sales and CEO.

This was about a 2 week process from application to offer

Interview Questions

• An airplane crashes about 60 miles away from a city in the desert. Everyone involved in the crash has passed away other than you. You have a gallon of water, and no way to communicate with anyone. What do you do?   1 Answer

Pre-Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Annapolis, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Synaptic Advisory Partners (Annapolis, MD) in December 2016.

Interview

Screening phone interview, hiring manager phone interview, then small project followed by an in person demo, and one more follow up phone interview. I spoke to both technical and non-technical folks who were all very knowledgeable. The project required some self-guided training but was straightforward. Took no more than a couple of hours preparation.

Marketing Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stuart, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Synaptic Advisory Partners (Stuart, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

Fairly quick. I think it took like two weeks from the time I was first contacted by their HR department to the time I began work.

Four interviews:

1.) Initial phone interview with HR (30 minutes)

2.) Phone interview with CEO - who would have been my supervisor (30 minutes)

3.) In-person interview with CEO - (90 minutes)

4.) Phone interview with Marketing Director - (30 minutes)

Interview Questions

• Truly, I think it spoils the fun of the interview to explain the questions here. Obviously they ask you very poignant questions about your past experience. Just remember to comfortably and confidently explain what you've done in the past.

In my interview with the CEO, he was quick to ask situational questions. (i.e. "Okay, here's a situation for you... [insert scenario]... What would you do?").   1 Answer

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Synaptic Advisory Partners (Annapolis, MD) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received an email from the recruiter the next day to schedule a phone interview. She asked me questions about my experience as a tester and gave me a lot of information about the job and the company. She stressed how important company culture is to them, which made me very excited because I'm looking to join the right team. I didn't end up getting an offer but felt like the interview experience was positive and professional. The recruiter responded quickly, answered all my questions, and was very nice to talk to. She even gave me interview feedback and tips. Wish I could have joined this company and will try again if they open another position.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Synaptic Advisory Partners in April 2016.

Interview

2 rounds ( HR and Manager)

First Round: Phone Interview

Interviewer: HR
    Duration - 20 minutes

Questions about my background covering my previous work experience and also the current coursework. Relevance to the position was also discussed. Asked to give an overview of data analysis work done before. Interviewer was friendly.

Second Round: Phone interview

Interviewer: VP of Strategy and Development
    Duration - 20 minutes

Described the role and position in detail. He asked me questions about my coursework in general and also prior work experience. Further, he asked me to give an example of data analysis work i ave done in detail.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of Data Analysis work done before either in school or at work   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Synaptic Advisory Partners in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got an email saying that they wanted interview me. The interview was 15 mins long and consisted of basic interviewing questions. Everything went fairly well. They told me they were still interviewing other candidates but would get back to me.

A few days later they did and I got rejected. They do a lot of work with salesforce and I think they were looking for someone with experience in that but didn't make that known in the application.

Seemed like an ok place to work. The recruiter found the job on Indeed so they seem to hire from outside sources. She was pretty inexperienced when it came to interviewing and it showed.

Senior Salesforce Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Synaptic Advisory Partners (Remote, OR) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was efficient and transparent. Communication remained strong and consistent from start to finish. All in all I had around 4 different conversations. Beginning with a screening, technical interview, hiring manager, and back around to the recruiter Jocelyn to finish full circle. Somewhere in between I was asked to create a sample assignment/application on Salesforce, the request was a couple of hours of work.

The questions were relevant from both a professional and technical perspective. Jocelyn did a great job selling the culture within the company, and the vision.

I declined the offer for personal reasons, as I made the decision it wouldn't be a great time for me to make a change. Though I declined the offer, I felt really good about the company in general and the direction they seem to be heading. Leadership seems strong and innovative, the company appears to really care about maintaining their culture as they grow.

Interview Questions

• Explain to me some general considerations you should have when developing a solution on the Salesforce platform?   Answer Question

Angular Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Annapolis, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Synaptic Advisory Partners (Annapolis, MD) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position online on a Wednesday and received an email that Friday requesting to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview with the hiring manager was the next Monday and was followed by a technical phone interview with developer on Tuesday. On Wednesday, I was sent a small example project to demonstrate my skill level and we set up an in person interview on Friday with two other members of the team. I was then offered the position the following Tuesday. In total, the time from application to offer was two weeks. Everyone involved was very responsive, professional, and flexible with my schedule.

Interview Questions

• The position was for a JavaScript/AngularJS developer and so they asked me how to do various things with JavaScript and Angular as well as specifics about ES6 features.   Answer Question