Synchronoss Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Synchronoss Interview Questions

2.7

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Full Stack Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Synchronoss.

Interview

Weird interviewer. First of all this person had a very bad accent and I was unable to follow him at all, then he starts asking me all sort of "trick" questions in Java some being very basic for a Sr. level engineer that I was. I provided basic answers for basic questions and asked him if there was some scenario that he was looking for or what he wanted to test me on. It seems like he was expecting me to just memorize everything from the text and tell him everything as it's supposed to be memorized. I specifically asked him what kind of detail he wanted with what he asked me but he was sort of behaving like I was not good enough or I did not know. Also, one of the reasons they said they didn't like me was that I didn't have any Big Data experience when I did not even have 1 word of that on my resume. WEIRD!

Interview Questions

• Some Java/Shell scripting related question which wasn't asked properly and was made to believe I don't know what I was talking about.   Answer Question

IT Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Synchronoss in February 2017.

Interview

I was selected for an initial telephonic interview and had scheduled the day post the email from HR. On the day of the interview the HR did not call up, I did wait for 30 mins post which I tried to reach out to the HR but the call was routed to voicemail in which I did leave a message. No response after a week and still waiting. I sent a second email to the HR to know the status and the HR cited due to a busy schedule he/she could not reach out to me and offered to schedule an interview the following week. The same scenario replayed the next week where the HR did not reach out at all.

Senior Android Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Synchronoss.

Interview

First was a call with their internal recruiter to find out about the company and see if I would want to move forward with a initial technical phone interview. The technical phone was question after question about Android SDK, threads, services, activity lifecycle, async threads and alternatives (lots here). SQL storage, content providers etc... so if you have been programming in Android for a few years you should have no trouble. In the end I was rejected because their engineering manager said I had mostly experience building apps from the ground up and no "legacy code experience"....huh? Thats a first for me. Most companies WANT experience building apps from the ground up. The recruiter should have vetted me on that requirement before wasting my time. So I probably I dodged a bullet because they have one old app with 20 devs working on it...so the new guy would most likely be working on some old legacy spaghetti code trying to make sense of it....based on the reviews here for Synchronoss that makes sense.

Interview Questions

• How do content providers work (with regards to saving and retrieving SQL data)   Answer Question

Synchronoss Response

Jan 23, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your interview with us. We take our candidate experience to heart, and are very sorry to hear that your time with us did not meet your... More

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Synchronoss.

Interview

Based on the reviews I have read here it seems this company is polarizing--either the interview process is positive or negative and the job experience the same. My experience falls into the less-than-awesome category.

I applied online and was contacted within a couple hours. Phone screener seemed congenial and well-versed in the company. Discussion went over an hour, which I thought a little excessive. Convinced me to speak with a manager-level resource who could answer the questions I had. I was on the fence about continuing based on the discussion and the reviews I was reading while talking to the recruiter. My fault for not doing my homework prior to applying. I did want to keep an open mind and have my own experience, however.

Had about an hour phone convo which seemed to go well enough. Agreed to talk to someone else via phone. That conversation was okay, not compelling either way. Agreed to come in for an interview.

Interviewed onsite with various people with whom I would be interacting. The sessions were rushed due to seemingly poor scheduling. Questions were situational. Could not get a read on the folks or an accurate take on what they were looking for in the incumbent. Really had doubts about the company--seemed to be a bit disorganized. But they are also an upstart, so I was willing to look past that for an the opportunity which seemed like a good challenge and a chance for growth.

One individual seemed ready to hand me a laptop and get me to work. Another kept checking e-mail and was openly complaining about resources. After meeting with multiple people I left not really knowing where I stood. I also was mixed about whether I could really work with these folks.

Was never contacted, even after following up with the recruiter post-interview. Figured being ghosted was for the better. My opinion, heed the reviews advising you to run in the opposite direction. But you do what you feel is right for you.

Professional Services Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Synchronoss.

Interview

The interview process was initially very typical, a phone screen by recruitment, then a face-to-face to meet with the hiring manager and HR. I received positive feedback while there in-person, and seemingly the entire face-to-face went well, because I was asked for references that next Monday. That's when the process fell off the rails.

I provided the references on that following Monday. I followed up later that wee with the recruiter to check in on the reference process, just to be sure my references were being responsive, and did not receive any response from recruitment. I then checked in with my references, who told me no one had contacted them. Then, after checking in again to see if I may be of further assistance with the process, the recruiter finally got back to me. He told me the delays in the process were that they could not find any common links on LinkedIn between me and them, so that was a problem to them. I'm coming from a different solution provider in a different space, so I was not surprised, but they were. They made a much bigger deal of this than what I thought was reasonable, so immediately I was suspicious that this was not actually the case. Strike 1.

After another long delay, recruitment stated that the delay is actually due to the fact that they are evaluating other candidates. OK, cool, of course you are, no problem. But why ask for references if you are not going to use them? Clearly at this point they were keeping me on the hook as a backup/fallback option. Strike 2. At this point, I essentially wrote them off, but left the door open for them to get back to me.

Then, I was asked to come back in for another face-to-face with other folks. I knew at this point that I was most likely not their preferred candidate, and considered declining the invitation, but I went anyway. I am unemployed, and we are a single-income family, so who am I to turn down an opportunity to be gainfully employed?

I went in for face-to-face #2, and the role I was applying for had changed. Interviewers assumed I had been told, but I had not. Strike 3. I continued the interview process, and again the face-to-face went seemingly well, and again I received positive feedback while there in-person from recruitment. We ended the meeting with the understanding that they'd get back to me regarding next steps in the process, but no one ever did.

No phone call, no email, nothing. After a long process with lengthy delays, 2 face-to-face meetings, and a lot of suspicious changes throughout the process, they just didn't bother closing the loop. We are all adults and we all have been rejected before, just do it professionally and quickly.

They showed zero respect for me as a candidate and as a human being, and I am very happy to have dodged this bullet.

Operational Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Synchronoss (Bethlehem, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process was ok. I sat down with two managers and the interview lasted for about an hour. My interview was in Sept 24th and it took two weeks to hear back from HR. She called offered me the position and told me my expected salary. On October 14, the HR person called me to tell me, I couldn't start the position until the budget is approved. Another two weeks went by,She called me again to tell me that it looks like the new position won't be until the beginning of the year. I was working so I didn't mind. I called her the first week of January, So still no update. The budget came thru mid January, but it looks like the position may not be funded with the new budget. The position may be funded in second quarter.

My advice to anyone applying to this company, keep your options open. The hiring process is so un-organized, and it is one of the worst. Don't get fooled with them telling you they are waiting on the budget. This company is one of the worst company ever!!! I will never apply with this company!!!

Interview Questions

• They went over my resume and I was ask my past experience..   Answer Question

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Synchronoss (Bridgewater, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview process took 2-3 weeks. One telephonic interview 1-1.5 hrs from Bridgewater/Ireland and one in-person interview in Bridgewater. Lot of technical questions on groovy. I did well and they called me for in-person interview , which was good too, positive from both sides as far as I can tell. I discussed salary also with the recruiter. Everything was very well and I was in the impression that I'll get the job. I waited for 2-3 weeks and then I wrote to recruiter and she said , they moved the position to offshore. Just 2 weeks ago they were interviewing and now position got moved!. Thats the only reason they gave me. I wasn't convinced and hence I am writing this. And they did not even have the courtesy to email and let me know , I had to email them. My point is why to take interview and waste time if they don't have any solid plans to recruit.

IT Director of Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Synchronoss (Bethlehem, PA) in April 2011.

Interview

This position was developed to add additional Directors for areas in the IT department. I spoke to the CIO and VP of IT and both were very nice and interesting gentlemen. I enjoyed speaking with both of them particularly the CIO. After a phone interview with each I was invited for a face to face interview.
    The 1 on 1 with the VP of IT went well and we had a nice conversation. Then I interviewed with the current director of IT. He started speed questioning me about technical problems that would have no relevance to a director level position (I did know the answers). He asked an impossible scenario question and after every answer I gave he would reply “what if that is not good enough” to the point where I did not know how to respond. This guy was unprofessional, totally unprepared and obviously defending his turf. I can’t imagine working with this guy and feel bad for those who report to him. He obviously cannot handle customer service. He also went on and on about how he works 80 hours a week and that was expected in that department. He was obviously a tech guy with zero management or delegation skills, but I’m sure he is a hard worker. I would stay away from an IT infrastructure position with this company unless you want to work all the time for a poor director.

I was actually relieved when I hear they chose another candidate.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a VP cam in the room yelling that a system was down. What would you do? Followed by What if that is not good enough after each response.   Answer Question
    • How do you physically install Sql Server. (not sure what physically means)   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Synchronoss (Bethlehem, PA) in June 2009.

Interview

Hi,

I had a telephonic interview- I was interviewing for a J2EE Developer position.

The Phone interview covered everything for a J2EE Developer/

HTML, JavaScript, Java, Servlets, XML, Application Servers(Basic), Build Tools, Oracle (SQL Queries) etc.

XML, XSL, XSLT was the major player in the telephonic along with Parsing of XML in Java
    The in-person interview was with 5 people.

1 Group interview with 2 people
    3- individual interviews.

Again I was asked more with respect to XML, XSL, XSLT some SQL Queries,

RMI, CORBA etc.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Synchronoss (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2016.

Interview

1st round was apti. Prepare from indiabix. There were 20questions. I got through it. Then the other day it was second round(managerial). He asked me many questions from core CSE subjects.. OS, Data structures.. - Binary search algo(only explanation), Dead lock.., Bankers algo, semaphore, polymorphism.., that's all.