Synchronoss Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Synchronoss Interview Questions

Updated Sep 20, 2017

2.8

58 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Interview

they took test and three interviews. First level is to clear test which includes 7 questions. Next two developer and one lead or architect will take interview. They will ask about background details, technical and domain related questions.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Synchronoss.

Interview

I was interviewed by 5-6 people; they mostly asked questions related to work mentioned in my resume. Was a pretty straightforward interview. Everyone on the team interviewed me and later I also had a phone interview with a senior resource who was offsite.

Interview Questions

• They asked about IVR and my experience in writing requirements for IVR.   Answer Question

Full Stack Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Synchronoss.

Interview

Weird interviewer. First of all this person had a very bad accent and I was unable to follow him at all, then he starts asking me all sort of "trick" questions in Java some being very basic for a Sr. level engineer that I was. I provided basic answers for basic questions and asked him if there was some scenario that he was looking for or what he wanted to test me on. It seems like he was expecting me to just memorize everything from the text and tell him everything as it's supposed to be memorized. I specifically asked him what kind of detail he wanted with what he asked me but he was sort of behaving like I was not good enough or I did not know. Also, one of the reasons they said they didn't like me was that I didn't have any Big Data experience when I did not even have 1 word of that on my resume. WEIRD!

Interview Questions

• Some Java/Shell scripting related question which wasn't asked properly and was made to believe I don't know what I was talking about.   Answer Question

IT Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Synchronoss in February 2017.

Interview

I was selected for an initial telephonic interview and had scheduled the day post the email from HR. On the day of the interview the HR did not call up, I did wait for 30 mins post which I tried to reach out to the HR but the call was routed to voicemail in which I did leave a message. No response after a week and still waiting. I sent a second email to the HR to know the status and the HR cited due to a busy schedule he/she could not reach out to me and offered to schedule an interview the following week. The same scenario replayed the next week where the HR did not reach out at all.

Senior Android Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Synchronoss.

Interview

First was a call with their internal recruiter to find out about the company and see if I would want to move forward with a initial technical phone interview. The technical phone was question after question about Android SDK, threads, services, activity lifecycle, async threads and alternatives (lots here). SQL storage, content providers etc... so if you have been programming in Android for a few years you should have no trouble. In the end I was rejected because their engineering manager said I had mostly experience building apps from the ground up and no "legacy code experience"....huh? Thats a first for me. Most companies WANT experience building apps from the ground up. The recruiter should have vetted me on that requirement before wasting my time. So I probably I dodged a bullet because they have one old app with 20 devs working on it...so the new guy would most likely be working on some old legacy spaghetti code trying to make sense of it....based on the reviews here for Synchronoss that makes sense.

Interview Questions

• How do content providers work (with regards to saving and retrieving SQL data)   Answer Question

Synchronoss Response

Jan 23, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your interview with us. We take our candidate experience to heart, and are very sorry to hear that your time with us did not meet your... More

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Synchronoss.

Interview

Based on the reviews I have read here it seems this company is polarizing--either the interview process is positive or negative and the job experience the same. My experience falls into the less-than-awesome category.

I applied online and was contacted within a couple hours. Phone screener seemed congenial and well-versed in the company. Discussion went over an hour, which I thought a little excessive. Convinced me to speak with a manager-level resource who could answer the questions I had. I was on the fence about continuing based on the discussion and the reviews I was reading while talking to the recruiter. My fault for not doing my homework prior to applying. I did want to keep an open mind and have my own experience, however.

Had about an hour phone convo which seemed to go well enough. Agreed to talk to someone else via phone. That conversation was okay, not compelling either way. Agreed to come in for an interview.

Interviewed onsite with various people with whom I would be interacting. The sessions were rushed due to seemingly poor scheduling. Questions were situational. Could not get a read on the folks or an accurate take on what they were looking for in the incumbent. Really had doubts about the company--seemed to be a bit disorganized. But they are also an upstart, so I was willing to look past that for an the opportunity which seemed like a good challenge and a chance for growth.

One individual seemed ready to hand me a laptop and get me to work. Another kept checking e-mail and was openly complaining about resources. After meeting with multiple people I left not really knowing where I stood. I also was mixed about whether I could really work with these folks.

Was never contacted, even after following up with the recruiter post-interview. Figured being ghosted was for the better. My opinion, heed the reviews advising you to run in the opposite direction. But you do what you feel is right for you.

Talent Acquisition Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Synchronoss (Bridgewater, NJ) in September 2016.

Interview

Overview: Applied online, initial phone screen, round 1 in-person interviews, round 2 in-person interviews, follow-up call, offer, follow-up

The initial phone screen was short and sweet, yet conversational. The recruiter touched on all of the necessities, the location, the company, the team, and the highlights of the role. He did a great job summing up the company but more importantly, emphasizing the growth the company had seen and was continuing to see.

The first round of in-person interviews was with a second recruiter and the Director of Recruitment. The first interview was unconventional and refreshing. It was 100% conversational but I still left feeling like I got to know the company and they got to know me. Next up, I met with the Director who shared his vision for the Talent Acquisition team, which communicated to me that they were excited to have momentum behind a growing team and to have a new addition.

My second round of in-person interviews went very similarly to the first. I met with the recruiter I initially spoke to as well as the Executive Vice President of Human Resources. Once again, the interviews were conversational, genuine and candid. The message of growth continued to come across, it was good to hear a unified message.

After I received an offer, one of the recruiters and the Director reached out to me. It was a nice touch, it demonstrated that they were excited to have me on board, they weren't just looking for a body in a seat.

At the end of the day, it was the vibe that I got from each of the four different people I met with and spoke to that stuck out. They each put their own personal touch on the interview process which can be the biggest differentiator to a candidate.

Interview Questions

• "What do you want to know?"

Usually this is how an interview ends, but in the case of Synchronoss, this was how my interview began. It set an awesome, comfortable, conversational tone for the entire interview.   Answer Question

Director, Technology Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Synchronoss (Bridgewater, NJ) in August 2016.

Interview

Spoke with Human Resources on the phone first. Then spoke with hiring manager on the phone. Followed by in person interview with local VP and via teleconference peers for a technical interview.

Interview Questions

• Preview experience with the area of responsibility and how you would handle specific situations.   Answer Question

Professional Services Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Synchronoss.

Interview

The interview process was initially very typical, a phone screen by recruitment, then a face-to-face to meet with the hiring manager and HR. I received positive feedback while there in-person, and seemingly the entire face-to-face went well, because I was asked for references that next Monday. That's when the process fell off the rails.

I provided the references on that following Monday. I followed up later that wee with the recruiter to check in on the reference process, just to be sure my references were being responsive, and did not receive any response from recruitment. I then checked in with my references, who told me no one had contacted them. Then, after checking in again to see if I may be of further assistance with the process, the recruiter finally got back to me. He told me the delays in the process were that they could not find any common links on LinkedIn between me and them, so that was a problem to them. I'm coming from a different solution provider in a different space, so I was not surprised, but they were. They made a much bigger deal of this than what I thought was reasonable, so immediately I was suspicious that this was not actually the case. Strike 1.

After another long delay, recruitment stated that the delay is actually due to the fact that they are evaluating other candidates. OK, cool, of course you are, no problem. But why ask for references if you are not going to use them? Clearly at this point they were keeping me on the hook as a backup/fallback option. Strike 2. At this point, I essentially wrote them off, but left the door open for them to get back to me.

Then, I was asked to come back in for another face-to-face with other folks. I knew at this point that I was most likely not their preferred candidate, and considered declining the invitation, but I went anyway. I am unemployed, and we are a single-income family, so who am I to turn down an opportunity to be gainfully employed?

I went in for face-to-face #2, and the role I was applying for had changed. Interviewers assumed I had been told, but I had not. Strike 3. I continued the interview process, and again the face-to-face went seemingly well, and again I received positive feedback while there in-person from recruitment. We ended the meeting with the understanding that they'd get back to me regarding next steps in the process, but no one ever did.

No phone call, no email, nothing. After a long process with lengthy delays, 2 face-to-face meetings, and a lot of suspicious changes throughout the process, they just didn't bother closing the loop. We are all adults and we all have been rejected before, just do it professionally and quickly.

They showed zero respect for me as a candidate and as a human being, and I am very happy to have dodged this bullet.

Site Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethlehem, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Synchronoss (Bethlehem, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

I had a 3 - 4 phone screens and one in person interview. There were questions in regards to using python, ruby, shell scripting for automation with infrastructure. I also answered questions about using AWS CloudFormation templates and using RDS and raided disks. I found the process friendly and straight forward. I was made to feel very comfortable and at ease. I was on site for about 3 - 4 hours and phone calls were about 30 mins each

Interview Questions

• Use a chef recipe automate the deployment of a nginix webserver?   Answer Question
    • What are steps involved with adding disk to a raid 0 array using AWS EC2 on linux?   Answer Question