Synchronoss Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 24, 2017

2.8

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Synchronoss (New Brunswick, NJ) in January 2015.

Interview

Easy to medium interview process. You should definitely be able to code. Practical interview questions through multiple people in the company. Be prepared with what you have worked on already and that is on your resume.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Synchronoss

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Synchronoss (Bethlehem, PA) in June 2009.

Interview

Hi,

I had a telephonic interview- I was interviewing for a J2EE Developer position.

The Phone interview covered everything for a J2EE Developer/

HTML, JavaScript, Java, Servlets, XML, Application Servers(Basic), Build Tools, Oracle (SQL Queries) etc.

XML, XSL, XSLT was the major player in the telephonic along with Parsing of XML in Java
    The in-person interview was with 5 people.

1 Group interview with 2 people
    3- individual interviews.

Again I was asked more with respect to XML, XSL, XSLT some SQL Queries,

RMI, CORBA etc.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Synchronoss (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in April 2017.

Interview

I received an email from the HR guy describing the company and the roles. He asked for a salary expectation and interest in front-end or back-end.

I replied and did't have an answer for nearly a month. After that period, I was told that I would have a phone interview.

The phone interview was pretty short (around 10 mins) and very technical. There were some people asking.

I was told that I've passed after one week, and scheduled an in-person interview.

Once there, it was a quick interview (around an hour) with 3 people: the future manager and two colleagues. The interview was based in my background and specially technical skills. It implied some whiteboard coding. Two of them are very nice people, the other one was pretty strange though, talking to me with superiority and doubting of my answers even when I knew some of them were right. In a couple of them, one of his colleagues had to told him the answer was correct. I couldn't make almost any question as this guy was pointing to his clock, which I found pretty rude.

Around 4 days later a received a call from the HR guy telling me that I had passed. Then the bad part started. I was asked for my salary (didn't I ask for a salary right at the beginning of the process?) and when I said my total compensation I got an unbelievable "c'mon, be realistic". I then said my base compensation, which is not very important in my case because I receive a HUGE amount in stocks, which I told him. He didn't seem to care though.

I received another call in the afternoon, and he offered me 13K Euro (!!!) less that what I've asked AT THE BEGINNING of the process. I was more than half an hour arguing with him. I think I've never spoken which such a rude HR guy before. He didn't let me speak. He wanted to tell me how much I'm currently earning. It was totally crazy. He didn't want to let me time to think about the offer. He even said that I was lying, that I don't have that amount of stocks. Sorry, but I do.

The day after I sent an email saying that i didn't want the job. I got a better offer (3k more than before) which was still less that what I'm currently earning. Again, very bad manners and rude tone in his emails.

If you are not willing to pay that someone ask you before starting the process, please, don't even start it. It's a waste of time for everyone.

Honestly, I don't want to work with people like that. It's true that you're not going to work with him, he is the HR guy. But still, he's the first point of contact in the company. A serious company should be careful with its HR team.

Interview Questions

• Difference between HahSet and TreeSet.   1 Answer
    • Difference between HashMap and ConcurrentHashMap   1 Answer
    • White board coding: In an array of strings, how would you find duplicates. Write a Unit test for it.   1 Answer
    • Small design of a database to show how to do an n to n relationship.   Answer Question
    • Different Java questions: Difference between synchronised function and synchronised block. In java do we pass by reference or by value? How does a load balancer work?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Synchronoss (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

Regular phone call, CV walk-through, on-site meetings, tech talk / test.

They praised themselves as being a modern, up to standards with the latest technologies, methodologies and quality.

Well, they are not. They will blantely lie to your face so you are excited and inclined to want to work there.

They don't not care about their technologies, it's a sales company... So if you care about technology... Beware, you will probably not enjoy the experience.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Synchronoss (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2016.

Interview

1st round was apti. Prepare from indiabix. There were 20questions. I got through it. Then the other day it was second round(managerial). He asked me many questions from core CSE subjects.. OS, Data structures.. - Binary search algo(only explanation), Dead lock.., Bankers algo, semaphore, polymorphism.., that's all.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Synchronoss (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2014.

Interview

Interview process is very simple. It is having three or four round.Interviewer will ask simple question of core java basic concept.It is having three interview round with simple core java question.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer will ask simple question of core java basic concept   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Synchronoss (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2014.

Interview

I applied directly, it was walkin for bangalore location. I was having 1.7 years experience. Interview process took around 1 week. Process consist of 3 rounds of technical interview and one salary discussion round.

Interview Questions

• Interview was easy. they asked mainly on core java and basics of SQL with little bit servlet.
      Does Method overloading occurs if the access modifier of methods different?
      Does Method overloading occurs if the return type of methods different?   Answer Question
    • 3. Meaning of Trigger?
      4. How to make Database Connection?
      5. Difference between PreparedStatement and Statement?
      6. What are Database Functions? Give example
      7. What is the meaning of views?   1 Answer
    • 10. How to change HTML value using jQuery?
      11. How many methods are there in servlet?
      12. Difference between doGet() and doPost() methods?
      13. Which method is best to use doGet() or doPost()?
      14. How the container knows that which servlet it needs to invoke based on client request?
      15. What is Abstract Class?
      16. What is Interface?
      17. Difference between Abstract Class and Interface?
      18. What is Abstract Method?
      19. Can I have non-abstract method inside abstract Class?
      20. Can I use abstract method inside normal Class i.e. non-abstract Class?
      21. Can we able to create an object for abstract Class?
      22. Name 2 already overloaded methods which are in JDK?   Answer Question
    • 23. Class MyClass
      {
      Public Static void main(String[] args)
      main(args)
      Static
      System.out.println(“static”);
      24. Class MyString
      {
      Public static void main(String[] args)
      String s=null;

Public Static void main(String[] args){
      String s;
      System.out.println(s);
      }
      6. Database problem, 2 tables are there one is department table and another one is employee table. Write Query to display all the employee names with department?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary is little bit lower, but working environment is ultimate. Do consider this company if you get offer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Synchronoss (Bengaluru (India)) in December 2013.

Interview

I faced 3 technical , 1 managerial and last MD round for salary discussion.
    I faced questions mostly on core java and sql.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Synchronoss in July 2010.

Interview

Had three onsite 2:1 technical interviews. All of them were one hour long. I was mostly asked Java questions. So, I would say, prepare Java well. They asked me everything from my resume. So, I would also advise to know your resume well. They are also interested in Javascript, CSS, HTML, XML along with Java skills. I believe they don't care at all about HR type questions. I was asked none. Just be very good at technical and you are through. Although do not ignore presentation. Wear a nice suit and good pair of shoes. That is impressive anywhere and anytime.
    Everyone was friendly. So, just relax and be yourself.

Interview Questions

• Many questions about Javascript which I wasn't able to answer.   1 Answer