Syneren Technologies Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 15, 2017

2.2

Software Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Syneren Technologies Corporation (Arlington, VA).

Interview

Applied through university board and got a call from HR. Was invited to onsite for interview. The interview lasted about 2 hours. Was interviewed by the project manager followed by the CEO. Received an offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions on database concepts. E.g. joins, primary key. Questions on resume'.   Answer Question

Capture and BD Interview

Interview

Pretty efficient hiring and interview process. Detailed background check to verify best info and get the best candidate. Gave me confidence that HR process attracts, recruits the best candidates to work with on team.

Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Syneren Technologies Corporation (Arlington, VA) in March 2014.

Interview

The office was dark, very little lighting, and almost completely silent. Was led to the interview room and offered water or soda while waiting. The interviewer was polite. Discussed the details of the resume, talked a little about the task and environment. Laughed at the salary request before saying they could only meet my current salary plus a small bump.

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Syneren Technologies Corporation (Arlington, VA) in February 2014.

Interview

Easy process no hard questions about my pass but non details question about technical ability. HR was incorrect about most of what they told me which I found out later.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Syneren Technologies Corporation in January 2014.

Interview

One of the Program Managers scheduled a time to call me and hasn't called me for atleast 10 mins after the time. I decided to call him and he picked the phone and there was no apology. He directly started interviewing me. The interview was very generic and I sent an email to him right after the interview thanking him for his time and a week later sent him a follow up to check on the status of the interview. There was no response for both the mails. I am not sure if the company operates in the same way or if this one individual.

VERY UNPROFESSIONAL.

Business Case Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Syneren Technologies Corporation (Arlington, VA) in January 2014.

Interview

The ideal candidate thrives in a team atmosphere, takes pride in his/her work, and is committed to a highly proactive, process-driven approach. They must possess excellent communication skills and be customer oriented. Ideally, a motivated, self-driven, and results oriented team player with the ability to learn and adapt quickly to new environments and technology.
    • Experience with eliciting, gathering, organizing, analyzing, and documenting client requirements.
    • Experience with business case development and strategic planning.
    • Experience with IT investment management and similar federal business cases.
    • Possesses the ability to organize information coherently and present each business case to customers.
    • Possesses strong analytical skills and be detail oriented.
    • Possesses the ability to communicate effectively.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you contributed to your last project in detail.   Answer Question

Negotiation

not very flexible.

Management Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Syneren Technologies Corporation.

Interview

Fairly fast decision and offer but they do things backwards. When they made the offer it was less than my current salary and they asked for copies of paystubs to verify my current income. They would not negotiate. I asked about benefits but they only sent me a one page flyer that didn't give much information. They called me back and insisted I make a decision, I then asked for a reasonable accommodation and again they had to ask "senior management" only to get back to tell me no.

The person I dealt with was not very friendly and always seemed rushed. They certainly didn't try to sell the company or willing to negotiate. I took this as a sign that I wouldn't have the flexibility or ability to make any decisions since "senior management" always had to be consulted prior to giving me an answer.

Technical Writer/Proposal Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lanham, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Syneren Technologies Corporation (Lanham, MD).

Interview

They actually found my resume online and asked me to come in for the interview like in 30 minutes, but I didn't have time and came the next day. When I arrived, I was supposed to meet with the CEO for an interview, but when I got there, it was extremely disorganized and she was nowhere to be found. So, I was seated in a small conference room (wasn't offered anything to drink) and waited. After a short while, two random men dressed in plain clothes came in and "interviewed" me. They asked me basic "fill in the time" questions (i'm guessing until she got there). It was extremely awkward and there were several moments of dead air. She came in about 15 minutes later, hurriedly, and didn't really speak. She interrogated me about what I knew and asked me about the several sections of an RFP. She then got up and told one of the males to send me an email with a "writing sample" to see how my writing was and gave me until the end of the day to return it. It was really strange, but hey, I needed a job.

They asked me to provide a pay stub from my previous place of employement, but I never did. I'm glad I didn't because my pay would have been based on what I was making before, which was thousands less.

The HR girl came in afterwards and gave me a "walk through" of the benefits. After speaking with her, I left.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. It was either "take it or leave it."

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Syneren Technologies Corporation (Arlington, VA) in March 2013.

Interview

Applied online. Within a week I gave an impromptu phone interview. I got a reply in a week and to schedule an on site interview.
    Interview process was pretty standard. Few behavioral questions, few marketing related question. One simple case study. The HR and CEO of the company took the interview.
    In another week I got an offer. Asked to join in next two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Lets assume you know about our product. How will you approach the marketing strategy for this product. How do you begin and how would you proceed?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. For an entry level position and a small company like this the prices are pretty much fixed. I was offered all kinds of insurance and relocation expenses. No joining bonus(expected)

Proposal Writer/Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Syneren Technologies Corporation (Arlington, VA) in November 2011.

Interview

I was invited to speak with the CEO at the company's Arlington, VA office for the position of either Proposal Writer or Marketing Specialist. The office consisted of spartan facilities (only water and coffee was on hand). I signed in and was escorted to a windowless room with a long conference table with chairs. I sat down, spoke with the CEO about the two positions. She asked me which one I would prefer and then went into my background. All was fluid until the subject of pay at previous positions and salary came up. I've read many management theory and employment articles to know that an employer's demand of your salary information is merely a tool to take away your power to negotiate during an offer. I declined her demand, and that's when things got hairy. She tried all sorts of ways to get me to divulge information about my salary history, even offending me at times by commenting unnecessarily about my past employment experience. She said that the company does criminal background checks and asked me if I had any such background (so unnecessary). She then said that I will be asked for a previous pay stub before they make an offer. I made it clear that giving her my salary history was utterly irrelevant to the compensation of the position. I also asked her what the market rate for the position was, to which she replied, "I don't know." I found that to be rather disheartening and unbelievable. Seeing that I refused to give away any salary information, she proceeded to give me a grammar test and writing exercised and then attempted to leave the room. I asked her if she would return and allow me to ask some questions about the company, but she insisted on having me ask the recruiter coordinator (odd), claiming that she would have the requisite knowledge to answer any of my questions. She left the room and I completed the grammar test but instead of writing the essay portion, I wrote her a note wishing her luck in the hiring process and with the company, but that I would be looking at opportunities elsewhere (thank God I'm moving forward with two other interviews in the pipeline). As the other reviews make clear, this is one cheap company! Any company that refuses to accept the premise that employees should be paid fair is a company that won't attract the best talent.