Syngenta Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 29, 2017

3.2

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clinton, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Syngenta (Clinton, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online with resume. Called immediately to set up interview. When I went in I realized it was the recruiting firm that does the hiring for Syngenta. Filled out an application and then waited and waited. I believe I may have been forgotten.

Interview Questions

• General questions. Why are you looking for another position? When can you start? etc   Answer Question

Greenhouse Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naples, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Syngenta (Naples, FL).

Interview

The HR recruiter was very professional, welcoming, and enthusiastic. The major problem, however, was that he did not follow up. Even if they are not going to offer the job, it is good to know you did not get the job, so that you can move on.

Interview Questions

• Name three weakness and how I have improved through time   Answer Question

Supply Chain Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Syngenta (Greensboro, NC) in July 2016.

Interview

A phone interview followed by a 4 hour interview with 4 groups of people. They use the STAR technique for interviews (Situation, Task, Action, Result). There were 3 other people being interviewed at the same time and we rotated around. It felt that many of the questions were variations on the same theme.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when a project did not go as you planned. What happened?   Answer Question

Environmental Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Syngenta (Baton Rouge, LA) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted within a week by the recruiter via email for pre-screening questions. Had a phone interview two weeks later with the hiring manager. The hiring manager was very personable and gave a brief summary of the position as well as outlined a career path within the company.

Interview Questions

• Why Syngenta? Why are you interested in this position?   Answer Question

Interview

Two interviews that consisted of meeting with two tiers of management. They were professional and had a genuine concern for the interviewer. Overall it was a good experience and I would go for it again.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were asked to lead others but were not given the authority to do it? How did you perform and what was the result?   1 Answer

Finance Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Syngenta (Greensboro, NC) in November 2014.

Interview

1st round interview:
    Held on campus, with two senior finance managers. Purely standard behavioral questions about how I handle stress with workload, conflict with colleagues, and personal history.

2nd (Final) Round Interview:
    I was invited to an assessment center in Greensboro, as one of 16 candidates, being interviewed and observed by 25 senior finance managers. All activities listed below are conducted or observed by multiple managers.

Activities:
    3 different behavioral interviews:
    1st on background (1 hour)
    2nd on standard workplace behavior (1 hour)
    3rd wrap up interview, to allow candidate to ask lingering questions (10 minutes)
    Numerical Assessment (1 hour test)
    Logic Assessment (1 hour test)
    Group Case Presentation (45 minutes to prepare a 10 minute SWOT analysis presentation based on a 25 page document provided a week early, team of 4)
    Negotiation Exercise (1 hour, teams of four compete against each other)

Interview Questions

• The group exercises are challenging, not because of the work in question, but in trying to demonstrate your "leadership communication style".   Answer Question

Financial Leadership Development Interview

Interview

Interviewed on campus. It was awkward because you sit in between two interviewers, so I was having to look to my left for a couple of seconds then had to turn to my right so I could address both of them. The questions weren't difficult, just your basic behavioral questions, although they did ask a lot of different situations where you failed, failed to persuade a group, when you received bad feed back, and when you failed meeting a goal.

Chemist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Syngenta.

Interview

I was contacted by Adecco, a hiring company, who were great. The woman gave a lot of detail about how to prepare for the interview. Although, not much was given about the specific position I was interviewing for. Therefore it was difficult to know how to prepare for the interview. The person interviewing me was nice, but was very vague about the position details. Questions were just about my experience relevant to the job. I was able to walk around the lab, and see everything. Specifics such as benefits, salary/pay rate were not clear at all.

Interview Questions

• What kinds of experience in chemical synthesis do you have?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Syngenta (Greensboro, NC) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online, corporate recruiter called within a couple of days; then phone interview with the hiring manager in a week. Had onsite with a group after another week, the team was very professional, even though didn't get the offer later. Big company, good interview experience!

Business Unit Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gilroy, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Syngenta (Gilroy, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted a few weeks later by HR for a phone interview. The interview with HR was simply to discuss why I was interested in the company, position and to describe how my past experience relates to the role. Was told that HR would pass my information on to the HR manager and I would hear back if interested. Haven't heard anything

Interview Questions

• Describe prior experience in relation to the current role   Answer Question