Syngenta Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Syngenta Interview Questions

Updated Jan 31, 2017

Production Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Gabriel, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Syngenta (Saint Gabriel, LA).

Interview

The interview process starts with a math and psych test that are both really easy. If you pass you get to interview. The interview is conducted by eight people who take turns asking questions. The questions are about experience, work history, what would you do situations, and give examples of how you would react in certain situations.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had a problem with coworker   1 Answer

Supply Chain Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Syngenta (Greensboro, NC) in July 2016.

Interview

A phone interview followed by a 4 hour interview with 4 groups of people. They use the STAR technique for interviews (Situation, Task, Action, Result). There were 3 other people being interviewed at the same time and we rotated around. It felt that many of the questions were variations on the same theme.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when a project did not go as you planned. What happened?   Answer Question

Environmental Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Syngenta (Baton Rouge, LA) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted within a week by the recruiter via email for pre-screening questions. Had a phone interview two weeks later with the hiring manager. The hiring manager was very personable and gave a brief summary of the position as well as outlined a career path within the company.

Interview Questions

• Why Syngenta? Why are you interested in this position?   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Syngenta.

Interview

Got an email confirming the on-site interview. The HM also emailed a list of people I was going to meet on-site. Pretty much behavior questions for all the 1:1 session of one hour each. Met with three colleagues that I was working with later on. Pretty straight forward.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation that you were not comfortable and how did you come over it.   Answer Question

Production Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Syngenta (Omaha, NE) in March 2016.

Interview

1st interview was completed with the contract hiring company, Aerotek. They asked several questions about my experience. After they found my experience to be sufficient, they then scheduled for me to complete an interview at Syngenta. Aerotek stressed the importance of being on time for the interview at Syngenta. The last candidate that Aerotek sent to Syngenta was disqualified for showing up just a few minutes late. I made it to my interview 20 minutes early and my assigned interviewer was ready and prepared for me when I arrived.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were very basic, but that may have been because the position that they hired me for is a new position for the company.   1 Answer

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Syngenta (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Process was fun, somehow informal. Plenty of people to talk to, most behavioral questions.
    They followed HR protocol during interview. First set of people to talk to was immediate future team mates, followed by their manager and some local managers

Interview Questions

• Did you apologize to people, in previous position, once you realized you did something that was not the best at the moment?   1 Answer

Post-MBA GIS Scheme Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Syngenta.

Interview

Classic CV + cover letter screening round, followed by a telephone interview to understand 'fit', motivation and compatibility with Syngenta's leadership model. After this, there is a 1.5 day assessment center at HQ in Basel, which is a mixture of one-on-one interviews and group exercises. Components included a business case in the agriculture sector (fairly obviously, I imagine), and two rounds of group negotiations. There were around 12 of us at the assessment centre, and about 12 managers 'observing' each and every reaction - so the environment is rather 'staged'. Decisions were made relatively quickly, requiring full consensus from all those you interacted with.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naples, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Syngenta (Naples, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with two people, the person I would be replacing and another I would be working with. I was invited to a second interview the same day. After having a second interview with 4 people, I thought it went well. I didn't hear back from them in a week I assumed I didn't get the job. I got a call and was asked if I was looking for work because the other person took another job offer.

Interview Questions

Interview

Two interviews that consisted of meeting with two tiers of management. They were professional and had a genuine concern for the interviewer. Overall it was a good experience and I would go for it again.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were asked to lead others but were not given the authority to do it? How did you perform and what was the result?   1 Answer

Finance Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Syngenta (Greensboro, NC) in November 2014.

Interview

1st round interview:
    Held on campus, with two senior finance managers. Purely standard behavioral questions about how I handle stress with workload, conflict with colleagues, and personal history.

2nd (Final) Round Interview:
    I was invited to an assessment center in Greensboro, as one of 16 candidates, being interviewed and observed by 25 senior finance managers. All activities listed below are conducted or observed by multiple managers.

Activities:
    3 different behavioral interviews:
    1st on background (1 hour)
    2nd on standard workplace behavior (1 hour)
    3rd wrap up interview, to allow candidate to ask lingering questions (10 minutes)
    Numerical Assessment (1 hour test)
    Logic Assessment (1 hour test)
    Group Case Presentation (45 minutes to prepare a 10 minute SWOT analysis presentation based on a 25 page document provided a week early, team of 4)
    Negotiation Exercise (1 hour, teams of four compete against each other)

Interview Questions

• The group exercises are challenging, not because of the work in question, but in trying to demonstrate your "leadership communication style".   Answer Question