Syngenta Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Syngenta Interview Questions

Updated Sep 8, 2017

Team Leader Chemistry Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basel (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Syngenta (Basel (Switzerland)) in April 2017.

Interview

After applying on their website, I got an email telling me they were interested in my resume and asked me to send them two of my papers and a presentation for a phone interview the following week. This phone interview is purely technical and done with a group leader. The interviewer spends 5 minutes describing Syngenta and will then ask you questions about your chemistry for an hour. The questions are very technical and diverse: mechanisms, physical organic chemistry, pKa, transition states... Be on top of your game!

Select Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indaiatuba (Brazil)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Syngenta (Indaiatuba (Brazil)) in January 2013.

Interview

In a morning the leaders of the company selected 18-20 Sales Rep to a group dynamic for the approach program SL from Syngenta, that make a selection for leadership positions in the company.

Interview Questions

• In 2 minutes take one picture under the table and explain what do you have to do with the paper in your hands.
      Later we had to tell a situation that showed how I solved a difficult problem.   1 Answer

Engineering Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Syngenta in September 2011.

Interview

Applied online.

Got a response within a week inviting me to a phone interview which took an hour. Quite detailed but went ok, going through the job description and the CV. Invited to an on site interview afterwards, which they paid all the expenses for.

The on site interview process was well organised with multiple 1:1 interviewers and 6 hours of meetings.

What had been up to that point a coherent process really did fall apart at this stage, when it became quite clear that none of the interviewers had any real expertise in the skills of the role they were interviewing for - they even stated this was why they were recruiting - to fill the serious gap in the company knowledge and expertise. Expertise in a field must be assessed by other experts, this did not happen.

Syngenta is a great organisation elsewhere but they fell down here. The excessive number of interviewers and rejection of all candidates so far after 5 months indicates that the organisation has lost its nerve, knowing it needs new expertise and thinking but is unwilling to either assess such candidates properly or embrace the cultural change required to avoid repeating previous failures.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with offensive behaviour   1 Answer

Portfolio Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Syngenta (Manchester, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

First telephone interview, followed by second interview with Hiring manager and Hr, then final interview with Head of production and supply. The whole process took two month and an offer was made and i accepted it

Supply Chain Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Syngenta (Greensboro, NC) in July 2016.

Interview

A phone interview followed by a 4 hour interview with 4 groups of people. They use the STAR technique for interviews (Situation, Task, Action, Result). There were 3 other people being interviewed at the same time and we rotated around. It felt that many of the questions were variations on the same theme.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when a project did not go as you planned. What happened?   Answer Question

Postdoc Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stein, Argovia (Switzerland)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Syngenta (Stein, Argovia (Switzerland)) in September 2013.

Interview

many interviews in the same day (for 9am to 3 pm) with different people (2 by 2 - 5 interviews + one half hour presentation to the team) including HR. "what are your main Strength and Weaknesses". "give me an example when you act like...", other HR questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negociation

Service Delivery Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Syngenta (Pune (India)).

Interview

It was quite good experience. Interviewers were professional n quite candid. They explained role, expectation etc. Interview decorum too was quite organised. was quite good experience. Interviewers were professional n quite candid. They explained role, expectation etc. Interview decorum too was quite organised.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of difficult situation or stakeholder you managed   Answer Question

Dsr Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Syngenta (Raleigh, NC) in October 2013.

Interview

3 separate interviews with various members of Syngenta's management teams. First was a phone interview and then 2 follow up in person interviews with Syngenta members of local district.The final and last interview I had was in person 1:1 with a District Manager. The process did take a long time and I had to call back to check on the status of my application twice.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Syngenta.

Interview

The interview was good, I believe that they really were trying to look for the best person for the position. I was interviewed by more than 3 people, many chief departments, and I felt comfortable and secure with the process. There were interviewers who preffered to do it in my language and others in English. It was ok.

Interview Questions

• What were my intetion wokring there, what did I find about GMO.   Answer Question

Finance Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Syngenta (Greensboro, NC) in November 2014.

Interview

1st round interview:
    Held on campus, with two senior finance managers. Purely standard behavioral questions about how I handle stress with workload, conflict with colleagues, and personal history.

2nd (Final) Round Interview:
    I was invited to an assessment center in Greensboro, as one of 16 candidates, being interviewed and observed by 25 senior finance managers. All activities listed below are conducted or observed by multiple managers.

Activities:
    3 different behavioral interviews:
    1st on background (1 hour)
    2nd on standard workplace behavior (1 hour)
    3rd wrap up interview, to allow candidate to ask lingering questions (10 minutes)
    Numerical Assessment (1 hour test)
    Logic Assessment (1 hour test)
    Group Case Presentation (45 minutes to prepare a 10 minute SWOT analysis presentation based on a 25 page document provided a week early, team of 4)
    Negotiation Exercise (1 hour, teams of four compete against each other)

Interview Questions

• The group exercises are challenging, not because of the work in question, but in trying to demonstrate your "leadership communication style".   Answer Question