Syngenta Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Syngenta Interview Questions

Updated Aug 4, 2017

Strategy Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Syngenta.

Interview

I applied on the corporate website and got an interview invitation in a month after that. I had 2 rounds of interviewing, the process took 2 months from the first interview to a rejection letter (which could be more personal in terms of feedback after 3+ hours of conversation in total).

The first interview was with a recruiter and comprised a very detailed screening of my experience and fit, plus some behavioral questions.

The second round included 2 interviews with supervisors of the position. They asked questions such as: give an overview on the industry, strategic recommendations for the company and on doing business in a particular region, my strengths / weaknesses, why Syngenta, why this role, examples of relevant projects in my background, etc.

Internship Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Syngenta.

Interview

Very basic
    Asked questions on web development and databases
    Some questions from programming languages c c++ and java
    Even some questions were asked from basic mathematics .
    Data structure concepts like trees ,linked lists etc

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Syngenta (Pune (India)) in April 2017.

Interview

applied through college it took 1 day aptitude test was mostly on quantitative and logical reasoning some verbal questions . difficulty level was average .after that in interview simple questions based on ur resume they were more interested to see if u can do work or not . project etc

Senior Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Basel (Switzerland)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Syngenta (Basel (Switzerland)) in April 2013.

Interview

Very thorough. It took approx 3 months to secure the role. A mix of phone and face to face interviews at headquarters. The team 'seemed' (did not stand up to reality) professional at the time.

Interview Questions

• Q: Explain a time when you've had to influence a senior stakeholder?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Syngenta in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online; then a phone screening with HR recruiter; two f2f interview with function leaders, a skill test on-line; and one more phone interview with HR lead. It was pretty fast, and the process is straight forward. I got quick (phone call next day) feedback at every step.

Interview Questions

• There were nothing really unexpected. Only questions about past experience, and some about the role, how you understood it.   Answer Question

Team Lead Pelleting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Enkhuizen (Netherlands)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Syngenta (Enkhuizen (Netherlands)) in May 2017.

Interview

Goede en duidelijke procedure, 3 gesprekken gehad zodat aan beide zijden duidelijk is of het wat gaat worden. verschillende mensen zijn betrokken geweest bij de procedure zodat meerdere mensen hebben kunnen oordelen

Student Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huddersfield, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Syngenta (Huddersfield, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. Within two days of applying I did a phone interview where they asked me about things on my CV and what I knew about the company. I did my research so they were very impressed with my knowledge. They invited me for interview the next day, apologising for the short notice. I was given a site tour which lasted about an hour and an HR/scenario based and technical interview which was about an hour. Everyone was very friendly and made me feel very relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went against the system and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Business Process Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Syngenta (Budapest (Hungary)) in March 2017.

Interview

First I received an mail from a recruiter via social network with the job description. Followed by a one HR hour phone interview (first round). Later I had to complete a really difficult numerical reasoning test which I have failed at the first time. Two weeks later I was invited to try the test again, and this time I passed. The fourth round was a one hour personal interview on site with a head of level manager: It was a really pleasant experience, noting overly difficult just a standard CV walkthrough some relevant examples from the past. A couple of weeks later came the fifth round a phone interview with the line manager. Basically the same pleasant experience and same questions. I felt comfortable, with the interview. One week later (sixth round) a one hour phone interview with an HR business partner. Then came a long period of silence, and a couple of weeks later yet an other interview proposal (seventh round) on site with one of my perspective manager level stakeholder. At this point I started thinking to give up and stop interviewing, since seemingly they were reluctant to send me an offer, I just had new interview requests.
    Again two weeks later my patient payed off and finally after seven rounds of interviews and more than 4 month after the initial contact I got the offer which I have accepted.

All things considered the interviews were extremely relaxed and all were pleasant experience however the whole interview process was painfully long I just hope it will pay off.

Interview Questions

• CV walkthrough, five years plan, past examples for process improvement, why syngenta, why this position   Answer Question

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clinton, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Syngenta (Clinton, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online with resume. Called immediately to set up interview. When I went in I realized it was the recruiting firm that does the hiring for Syngenta. Filled out an application and then waited and waited. I believe I may have been forgotten.

Interview Questions

• General questions. Why are you looking for another position? When can you start? etc   Answer Question

Team Leader Chemistry Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basel (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Syngenta (Basel (Switzerland)) in April 2017.

Interview

After applying on their website, I got an email telling me they were interested in my resume and asked me to send them two of my papers and a presentation for a phone interview the following week. This phone interview is purely technical and done with a group leader. The interviewer spends 5 minutes describing Syngenta and will then ask you questions about your chemistry for an hour. The questions are very technical and diverse: mechanisms, physical organic chemistry, pKa, transition states... Be on top of your game!