Synopsys Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 14, 2017

3.1

88 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Development Interview

Interview

It was very good! The interviewers were friendly! It was a good learning experience even though I did not get the job. Took them a long time to get back to me though ...

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Synopsys (Mountain View, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

There are 5 people separately in the whole process, recruiter 20 min, manager lunch break, and other 3 technical interview. They are all very nice. And the questions are mainly about Linux and many behaviour questions. Not difficult. But I didn't do very well, perhaps nervous. Never heard any feedback.

Interview Questions

• A question about linux file system. Sorry I can't remember it. It was 2 months ago/   1 Answer

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Synopsys (Bloomington, IN) in May 2017.

Interview

5 rounds of interview. Phone call with HR, Coding round, Technical Phone interview, 2 webx video rounds, final onsite with 2 consultants.

Very unprofessional and unethical bunch of jerks. The final interviewer is the biggest jerk I have ever seen. They assume a developer cannot do a consultant job. They figured out that after one and half months of interviewing. Total waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Owasp Top 10, framework related questions, pen testing...   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Synopsys in March 2017.

Interview

It was a 30-minute phone interview. It started with the interviewer asking questions from projects on my resume for the first 15-minutes. The next 15-minutes, he asked technical questions about clock cycles

R&D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Synopsys (Mountain View, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Was referred to a job opening by an employee. Had a phone screen with an HR rep about a week after applying. Flew out for an onsite interview about two weeks later. Interview was pretty laid back with a technical/research presentation given by me followed by individual meetings with engineers at the company.

This was an R&D focused position, so the technical questions were mostly about my graduate work. There was off and on discussion of C++ and company software development practices. Very basic questions about C++ and C and hardware (cache, threads, etc.).

Interview Questions

• How would I use my finite element research and apply it to finite volume methods?   Answer Question

CAD Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Synopsys (Mountain View, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied for a position in the Mountain View, CA HQ about 7 weeks ago.

(First week in the process)
    - Received the initial phone screening with the recruiter (from Texas).

(2 weeks into the process)
    - I received a technical interview call about a from a member of the company that I would possibly work with if hired.
    - I received a call back from recruiter telling me that the team member loved my responses and they would be more than happy to bring me in for an onsite interview.

(3 weeks into the process)
    - The interview on my part went absolutely fine. There were six individuals that I had to interview with and each asked me a batch of questions and told me that my answers were what they were looking for. So in the end, I thought it went fine.
    - They told me that I would have a decision by Friday, latest the following Wednesday.

(4 weeks into process)
    - I had to call because the recruiter ignored my emails. She said that I had to send in some documents, which I did. She then told me that they would not take that much longer to respond back for my final decision.
    - I emailed her by end of week to no response.
    - I then saw that they had posted up the position, in an attempt to find different candidates (which in my opinion, makes complete sense because they want the best fit for their company)

(5 weeks into process)
    - I contact the recruiter on Tuesday and she told me,
    "They are unsure about your technical background so they are working up a contract to hire role, it will be not that much longer. However, it is looking really good, be patient"
    - She did not mention that they were screening for more candidates but gave the false hope that I would definitely be selected

Today, it has been 7 weeks into the process. I have basically given up on Synopsys and will decline their offer or literally trash their email response due to their unprofessionalism in this entire process.

1. If you are screening for new candidates, please do not ensure current candidates that they have a great chance of getting the position. That is instilling false hope when they could be keeping their options open for other positions.
    2. Respond to potential candidate's emails, response times ranged from a day to a week to receive a response. Phone call messages that I left were never returned.
    3. We are all adults here. Each and every party should be honest. At this point, I am unsure if the Hiring Manager actually even mentioned a contract to hire role or if the Recruiter mentioned that to let me down easy.
    - Why does it take almost 3 weeks for a Hiring Manager to construct a contract to hire role, this company has been around for 15 years, it should be relatively quick to just throw together something.

Honestly, the worst experience I have ever had for a hiring process. Period.

Interview Questions

• What is the highest floor you can drop an egg from without it cracking?   2 Answers

R&D Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Synopsys in August 2016.

Interview

First round phone interview. The recruiter asked some background information and personal preferences. She is very nice. The second round phone interview took about 30 minutes. The manager talked about the future work and ask some questions of my resume and basic C++ questions.

Interview Questions

• For the searching the longest path, which one is better: DFS or BFS?   1 Answer

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Synopsys (Mountain View, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview process was time-consuming (13+ interviews with 11 people,) rigorous, and involved. Questions were standard for the position, e.g. describe how you handled a difficult personality situation, how do you balance schedules and budget, do you prefer waterfall or agile methodologies and why. Interviewers were definitely pre-biased based on assumptions made from the resume, so be certain to explain - clearly - any gaps.

Interest and feedback during the interview were well-communicated, but follow-up post-interviews was uneven and misleading. Verbal commitments for contact and offer were not kept. Expect to have to do more follow-up work to track status than is normal.

Senior R&D Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Synopsys (Mountain View, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I had a 30 min phone interview with the hiring manager who asked about my research projects and coding experience. He also explained about the job requirements which would mostly involve debugging customer issues with Synopsys TCAD software.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Synopsys.

Interview

Direct phone call 2 days after the application. The interviewer was very polite and helpful. It started out with description of the role being considered for and then moved on to knowledge in System Verilog.

Interview Questions

• Basic question related to system verilog
      1) What is the difference between the data types nets(/wires) and regs.   Answer Question