Synopsys Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

243 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Salesforce Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Synopsys (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Initial Phone screening. Once you pass that Phone screening, you will be called for on-site for one whole day on-site which includes one technical assignment and 5-6 other rounds with different Business heads

Senior Tech Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Synopsys.

Interview

It was confusing. I spoke with a recruiter and the hiring manager. I was clear with the manager as to my experience and available work samples. I thought I interviewed well enough. I sent samples that illustrated a strong technical ability. The hiring manager then added an additional interviewer to 'probe my technical skills,' but without being forthcoming about this additional step.

I felt the communication was poor, and the process showed disrespect for my experience - without reference to a judgment on my technical abilities.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to rate my technical level in programming languages.   1 Answer

R&D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Synopsys (Durham, NC) in September 2017.

Interview

Hiring Manager make a phone call, ask some fundamental C++ question, then onsite on next week. For onsite, there is 3 rounds. For each round, there will be 2 engineer ask some technical questions for you, each round take approximately 45 mins.

Development Interview

Interview

It was very good! The interviewers were friendly! It was a good learning experience even though I did not get the job. Took them a long time to get back to me though ...

Alliance Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Synopsys (San Jose, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

I reached out to the hiring manager in LinkedIn. He asked me a few questions and I answered them. He then requested my resume to be send to his company email. I did and checked with him several times, he ignored every single email I sent him. Extremely rude, specially because he asked for my resume.

Interview Questions

• Hiring Manager - Please send me your resume.   1 Answer

Field Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Synopsys (Sunnyvale, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Interview was both technical and also soft skills. Along with technical skills in Embedded, System C skills they were also looking for some sales related experience and presentation related skill required.

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Synopsys (Mountain View, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

There are 5 people separately in the whole process, recruiter 20 min, manager lunch break, and other 3 technical interview. They are all very nice. And the questions are mainly about Linux and many behaviour questions. Not difficult. But I didn't do very well, perhaps nervous. Never heard any feedback.

Interview Questions

• A question about linux file system. Sorry I can't remember it. It was 2 months ago/   1 Answer

R&D Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Synopsys in June 2017.

Interview

Submitted resume through recruiter. Got phone interview one week after, and then onsite interview comes after the following week.
    All asked about my resume first. Because I have done some work in graphs, so the interviewers asked some basic graph algorithms, like detecting a cycle in directed graph, finding a minimum spanning tree in undirected graph. Some hardware problems like how to optimize timing etc.

Interview Questions

• How to get a spanning tree for undirected graph? How to get a minimum spanning tree?   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Synopsys (Orlando, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

It was an employee referral. It was a telephonic interview. Most of the questions were based on what you put in the CV. The interview went for 15- 20min. The questions were from basic to intermediate level on UI development.

Interview Questions

• Asked most of the questions from my resume.   1 Answer

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Synopsys (Bloomington, IN) in May 2017.

Interview

5 rounds of interview. Phone call with HR, Coding round, Technical Phone interview, 2 webx video rounds, final onsite with 2 consultants.

Very unprofessional and unethical bunch of jerks. The final interviewer is the biggest jerk I have ever seen. They assume a developer cannot do a consultant job. They figured out that after one and half months of interviewing. Total waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Owasp Top 10, framework related questions, pen testing...   Answer Question