Synopsys Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 15, 2017

3.1

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Synopsys (Mountain View, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview process was time-consuming (13+ interviews with 11 people,) rigorous, and involved. Questions were standard for the position, e.g. describe how you handled a difficult personality situation, how do you balance schedules and budget, do you prefer waterfall or agile methodologies and why. Interviewers were definitely pre-biased based on assumptions made from the resume, so be certain to explain - clearly - any gaps.

Interest and feedback during the interview were well-communicated, but follow-up post-interviews was uneven and misleading. Verbal commitments for contact and offer were not kept. Expect to have to do more follow-up work to track status than is normal.

Senior R&D Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Synopsys (Mountain View, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I had a 30 min phone interview with the hiring manager who asked about my research projects and coding experience. He also explained about the job requirements which would mostly involve debugging customer issues with Synopsys TCAD software.

Technical Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Synopsys (College Station, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Basics of c++. Algorithms: Merge sort. Selection sort. Time complexity. Space complexity. Basics of digital integrated circuit design: How to generate glitches? What is the hold time, setup time?

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Synopsys (Austin, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

I was referred for this position by another employee there. The interview was not with the R&D team, so questions were mostly behavioral and about my background. The in-person portion consisted of meeting with 4 engineers in the team to talk about my experience and see how I would handle certain problems or issues.

At the end of the day, the manager set up a more technical WebEX interview with an engineer that was not in the office that day. This interview consisted mainly of showing my code samples and what those projects were like.

IT Architect Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Synopsys (Mountain View, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Very rude and loud recruiter. While negotiating some of the information was miss-represented than what was on the offer letter. I called the recruiter to clear the confusion and I got a rude and unprofessional reply. My experience was so bad that I had to decline the offer. Team I interviewed with was very nice and personable.

Interview Questions

• Previous experience, design patters, HTTP, Security questions, basic data base questions   Answer Question

R&D Engineer, Senior II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Synopsys (Mountain View, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I contact the hiring manager at LinkedIn. After a week, I got a phone interview with 5 engineers. They invited me to fly to California for an onsite interview. We spend the afternoon talking about my Ph.D. dissertation and discussing program languages, advances in new technologies, EDA industry, etc. It was a very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• (Over the phone): Describe in details the VLSI standard cell design flow.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Synopsys.

Interview

Direct phone call 2 days after the application. The interviewer was very polite and helpful. It started out with description of the role being considered for and then moved on to knowledge in System Verilog.

Interview Questions

• Basic question related to system verilog
      1) What is the difference between the data types nets(/wires) and regs.   Answer Question

Technical Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Synopsys in April 2016.

Interview

Phone interview. Speaking with five people over about 30 minutes. They ask questions one by one. Considering that I am college student, no many technical questions. The major question they concern is how to quickly learn a new programming language.

Interview Questions

• How to quickly learn a new programming language from my own experience. And how to quickly approach the project.   Answer Question

R&D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Synopsys (Mountain View, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

6 rounds of one to one interview with engineers within the group. They cared about your coding experience and problem solving ability. They want to ensure that you desired to stay in this field. HR manager asked about my background during having lunch with me. They are all very smart and nice guys. I learned a lot from the interview.

Interview Questions

• white board coding, basic algorithm and previous project   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Synopsys in March 2016.

Interview

There are two phone interviews. The first one basically ask about background, what I did in the past project and some basic concept in Algorithm. The second discussed about digital circuit knowledge, EDA knowledge and some data structure problems. Not difficult interview.