Synopsys Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 16, 2017

3.1

R&D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Synopsys (Mountain View, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Multiple rounds of F2F interviews in one day. Three in the morning, three in the afternoon. Interviewers are very friendly. Some questions about digital design are asked. However, a strong software development experience is more important. Parking is free as far as I know (not parking ticket given).

Interview Questions

• Data structures (linked lists, trees, hash tables, graphs), C++, and basic digital design questions.   Answer Question

Technical Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Synopsys in March 2015.

Interview

submit my resume online, got a phone call from HR 2 weeks later, arranges a web interview with technical manager, implemented some c++ functions in your own way, little talk about projects on my resume, get a feedback after two weeks.
    the pay is kinda low, no room for argue, room of growth limited according to some of my friends.
    No other option, decide to take the offer.

Senior Applications Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in India, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Synopsys (India, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview is very tough. 4-5 people grill solidly, So one has to be ready for that. First they want to qualify over phone and after that over 1-1 process. The 4-5 people ask many many question after that. One has to be clear on the fundamentals.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about the placement CTS and routing   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Synopsys in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through school career page and received an email with interest. Set up an onsite. Onsite was relatively simply. Some technical questions to test the water. Had a little break to meet the team and mentor that would be working with you. Also had a tour in the lab where the intern will be spending a lot of time in.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Synopsys (Cincinnati, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

It was a 1 Hour long interview, mostly related to C++ as that was what the job involved. The person taking the interview was pretty cool but as this was my first ever interview, I was pretty nervous. Messed up bad because of that.

Interview Questions

• How do you detect a loop in a linked list, how do you convert stack to queue.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Synopsys (Austin, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got a call up from the hiring manager after a week long back and forth over emails. The interviewer was chill and was helping whenever I got stuck, emphasis on Tcl and basics of Timing analysis.

IT Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Synopsys (Mountain View, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

One phone interview, then 3 hours in person interview with three people and after that a written test. The phone interview was basic questions about troubleshooting and three different technical questions. The panel was random technical and psychological questions and test was also similar to panel

Interview Questions

• Imagine you're in an airport and someone asks you if you know the weight of the plane that he or she is going to fly with or not. How would you react?   1 Answer

Tax Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Synopsys (Sunnyvale, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Met first with my director. When he determined that I would be a fit, he had me scheduled to come back to do 1 on 1 interviews with other members of the team. Met with 4 people in a row. Not too stressful.

R&D Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Synopsys in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online, and one day later, get the email to reserve a time for phone interview. One guy from the hiring group did interview with me. He first gave some introduction of the position. Then I introduced myself, my research areas, and went through my research project one by one. When I introduced my research projects, he asked some questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Synopsys in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online and got an email from the recruiter within a week for scheduling a 30 min phone screen with the recruiter followed by 45 min technical phone screen with the hiring manager

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult, mostly technical questions were based on the things mentioned on the resume   Answer Question