Synopsys Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 7, 2017

3.2

CAE II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Synopsys (Mountain View, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

it was a month and half long process with one telephonic round, 2 HR round(one in person and one on phone), and one whole day interview with 7 managers interviewing

Interview Questions

Negotiation

straight forward I asked them to match my my current offer and they did

Digital Engineer Interview

Interview

Asked some questions about my resume and my final project.
    All basic questions.

R&D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Synopsys (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

I gave a presentation before the interview, so the rest of the interview is mostly concerned with that. Also they try to relate the problems they try to solve with my research, quite comfortable conversation and nice people. Very basic programming question and everyone seems to be concerned with how many lines of code you have wrote.

Interview Questions

• Not a particular difficult one. Some of the problems they don't even know the answer, just show your logic of thinking, not necessarily the right result.   Answer Question

Negotiation

not much to negotiate for a fresh graduate

Senior R&D Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Synopsys (Mountain View, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Phone screen interview with management. Asked to review research work as I was graduate student. Asked problems about graph theory. Invited on-site for full day of interviews 4 people + short talk with management. Contacted following week on offer.

Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Synopsys (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

will be interviewed by all group member. Then by the manager. Then by HR

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Synopsys (Sunnyvale, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview process for the internship was pretty easy. I interviewed with a few manages and then they decided which group i would best fit into. I interviewed with the hiring manager first and then a panel of managers. Also talked with a corporate recruiter.

Interview Questions

• I applied for a technical position so they asked me technical questions   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Synopsys.

Interview

Initial phone screen with recruiter. Conversation went well which led to a phone screen with the hiring manager within a week. After that call, I was invited to an onsite interview with other team members. Met with team members on 2 separate occasions due to scheduling. From when I applied online, it took a few days to hear from the recruiter. I received the job offer in less than 1 month's time. Interview was comfortable and easy to answer questions and relaxing. No pressure.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Synopsys in October 2013.

Interview

After applying online I was contacted and went through three phone interviews with three different people, each one ranging from 40 minutes to an hour and 14 minutes. From there I was invited to interview in person, with one person I had previously spoken with, and one person who I had yet to meet. Everyone was very straight forward, relaxed, and informative. It was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Nothing tricky; straightforward questions with straightforward responses pertaining to my experience and how I would handle scenarios.   Answer Question

Systems Administrator Interview

Interview

Panel was about 5 and each took 1hr for interview.

Summer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Synopsys.

Interview

Got two rounds phone interviews, each of which took 1 hour. The first one is a group interview. I was asked different kind of technique questions from different people. Mainly about data structure, such as hash table, linked list. Some problems related to circuit design and Verilog optimization. The interviewers were very nice. Everytime I gave incorrect answer, they tried to help me figure out the problem. The second interview was given by the hiring manager. I was given two puzzles and an algorithm related to hash table. The hiring manager was a nice person.

Interview Questions

• In a verilog program, how to decide two always block can be combined.   Answer Question