Synopsys Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 1, 2017

3.1

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Synopsys (San Francisco, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume through a contact at the company. I was emailed about a prospective position, and arranged through HR to do a phone interview. I then was interviewed by a manager and after initial questions about my interests, was asked technical questions. After this interview, I was interviewed by the manager's manager and asked technical questions, which I answered in real time online. I was then asked to attend on site interviews, which I arranged with HR. In the interim I was asked if I would like to do a pre-interview presentation in person, and I agreed that I did, and sent slides in advance.

I was flown to the San Francisco office, put up in a nice hotel for the night, and arrived at the office, where I set up for the presentation. After my presentation and question round, I went through eight interviews of about 45 minutes each. While most of the questions were technical in nature, others were behavioral and "team fit" in nature. In the middle of this all was a lunch with senior members of the team, and the director. Both during the interviews and in the interim periods, everyone was a pleasure to be around -- I knew I wanted to work in a team like this.

I then flew back home, and shortly thereafter was asked to do two more phone interviews my prospective manager and a team member. After a short wait, I was presented a written offer, which I accepted. All reported travel expenses related to getting to and returning from the on-site interview were promptly reimbursed.

Interview Questions

• It is not appropriate for me to share this information.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Synopsys

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Synopsys (Sunnyvale, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Brief discussion with the recruiter n the hone followed by hour long technical interview with the hiring manager on the phone. After this I was invited onsite for about a 5 hour technical interviews with five team members.

Interview Questions

• The phone interview was "C" questions on printf, UNIX signalling mechanism, multithreading and process model. Onsite was more algorithms and implement you own functions and find the problem with pre-written "C" functions, write a function to convert little endian data to big endian and solve some generic puzzles. I was also asked scripting questions on Perl.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Synopsys (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

It's the normal full day, multiple technical interview process.

Interview Questions

• the questions were normal programming questions but a little tougher than the ones I've seen elsewhere. I don't remember a specific question   Answer Question

Negotiation

short window of a week but that satisfied my criteria.

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Synopsys (Mountain View, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

The whole process is really smooth and efficient. I got an offer 3 days after the interview.
    I got a phone interview first which takes 30 minutes or so. Then I was told to go Mountain view to have a onsite. During that onsite, I met all people in that group.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not too much. Salary is pretty firm. But if they really want you, you definitely have a chance to play this game which is sort of dangerous because your offer may be withdrawn.

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Synopsys (Mountain View, CA) in February 2008.

Interview

Standard 5 hours affair with a mix of programming related and domain specific questions.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Synopsys.

Interview

strong questions basically written questions on c, pointers, arrays, linked list, logic gates.
    they asked to solved the questions and give you 45 mins. face to face interview was good ask about the coding and programing

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Synopsys (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in May 2009.

Interview

4 rounds on-site interview
    one is for C programming, one is for Unix operation, one is puzzle questions, the last is with HR.

Interview Questions

• I have no preparation about the puzzle questions, so meet some obstacle on it.
      Some puzzle question is like:
      There are 25 horses, each time you can race 5 of them, how many races are need to find out the fastest 3.
      There are N numbers, how many compares are needed to get the minimal and maximal.   Answer Question