Synopsys Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Synopsys Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Synopsys (Sunnyvale, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Brief discussion with the recruiter n the hone followed by hour long technical interview with the hiring manager on the phone. After this I was invited onsite for about a 5 hour technical interviews with five team members.

Interview Questions

• The phone interview was "C" questions on printf, UNIX signalling mechanism, multithreading and process model. Onsite was more algorithms and implement you own functions and find the problem with pre-written "C" functions, write a function to convert little endian data to big endian and solve some generic puzzles. I was also asked scripting questions on Perl.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Synopsys

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Synopsys (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

It's the normal full day, multiple technical interview process.

Interview Questions

• the questions were normal programming questions but a little tougher than the ones I've seen elsewhere. I don't remember a specific question   Answer Question

Negotiation

short window of a week but that satisfied my criteria.

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Synopsys (Mountain View, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

The whole process is really smooth and efficient. I got an offer 3 days after the interview.
    I got a phone interview first which takes 30 minutes or so. Then I was told to go Mountain view to have a onsite. During that onsite, I met all people in that group.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not too much. Salary is pretty firm. But if they really want you, you definitely have a chance to play this game which is sort of dangerous because your offer may be withdrawn.

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Synopsys (Mountain View, CA) in February 2008.

Interview

Standard 5 hours affair with a mix of programming related and domain specific questions.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Synopsys.

Interview

strong questions basically written questions on c, pointers, arrays, linked list, logic gates.
    they asked to solved the questions and give you 45 mins. face to face interview was good ask about the coding and programing

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Synopsys (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in May 2009.

Interview

4 rounds on-site interview
    one is for C programming, one is for Unix operation, one is puzzle questions, the last is with HR.

Interview Questions

• I have no preparation about the puzzle questions, so meet some obstacle on it.
      Some puzzle question is like:
      There are 25 horses, each time you can race 5 of them, how many races are need to find out the fastest 3.
      There are N numbers, how many compares are needed to get the minimal and maximal.
      Answer Question