Synopsys Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Synopsys Software Engineer Interview Questions

2.7

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Synopsys (Austin, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

I was referred for this position by another employee there. The interview was not with the R&D team, so questions were mostly behavioral and about my background. The in-person portion consisted of meeting with 4 engineers in the team to talk about my experience and see how I would handle certain problems or issues.

At the end of the day, the manager set up a more technical WebEX interview with an engineer that was not in the office that day. This interview consisted mainly of showing my code samples and what those projects were like.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Synopsys

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Synopsys in March 2016.

Interview

There are two phone interviews. The first one basically ask about background, what I did in the past project and some basic concept in Algorithm. The second discussed about digital circuit knowledge, EDA knowledge and some data structure problems. Not difficult interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Synopsys (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Phone interview first, then onsite; They asked me about my background and the projects which I did.The job interview process can be lengthy. Being interviewed once and getting a job offer is typically a thing of the past. Today, many companies have an involved interview process starting with screening interviews, followed by in-person interviews, second interviews and even third interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Synopsys (San Jose, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

It's a phone interview called by manager directly. There is no technology-related question. She focused on describing the work of this position her group. The reason why she do not care about technology is that she need a software engineer for supporting their document writing. She said the job is boring and has huge work load. She wants a guy that can do long time but not just half year...

Interview Questions

• describe ur project in text-editor and front-end. (They need a guy to develop internal tools)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Synopsys (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied through career fair. Initial phone call interview was scheduled for 45 mins. And then, I was called for an onsite interview. It was for around 5 hours. I enjoyed talking to every one during my interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Synopsys (Cincinnati, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

It was a 1 Hour long interview, mostly related to C++ as that was what the job involved. The person taking the interview was pretty cool but as this was my first ever interview, I was pretty nervous. Messed up bad because of that.

Interview Questions

• How do you detect a loop in a linked list, how do you convert stack to queue.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Synopsys in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online and got an email from the recruiter within a week for scheduling a 30 min phone screen with the recruiter followed by 45 min technical phone screen with the hiring manager

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult, mostly technical questions were based on the things mentioned on the resume   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Synopsys (Boston, MA) in July 2012.

Interview

I had 3 phone calls. The first one was about my resume and the second one after a month was the first interview about data structure and c++ programming. The third call again after a month was about graph theory. Still i am waiting for their decisions although the last interview was more than a month ago.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about some tricky card questions that needed probability knowledge.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Synopsys (Sunnyvale, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

Interviewed in person with about 3 people. One of them was a manager, and 2 engineers. Interview with the engineers went well, but the manager, who also asked me to write programs, didn't quite seem to understand the code. He asked about writing a program to find out the endianess of a machine. When he wasn't sure about the function, he asked "how else can you find out". I said the endianess is also defined in one of the system header files. He then asked "which one?", to which I replied "i don't the exact one, but perhaps machine.h or something like that. A find/grep would take a minute or so." He didn't seem to like the answer, or perhaps wasn't sure himself. In any case, I felt he tried to continue to ask questions just to come to one that I wouldn't be able to answer. He was truly a bad interviewer. The other engineers who were more technical didn't appear to be this way.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Synopsys (San Jose, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

interview was very easy. they ask question about basic C++, some HR questions, about the EDA industry. Then they ask me to complete an exam online, and then I had to solve some math question.

I had second interview on quantum VLSI circuit design theory. They aslo asked me question on signal processing and embedded system