Synovate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Synovate (New York, NY) in December 2011.

Interview

Interview process consisted of a phone interview a week after I applied online.The interview was friendly and they made you feel at ease at once.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you used multivariate analysis in your current role.   Answer Question

Sampling Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Synovate (Chicago, IL) in October 2010.

Interview

I initially met with 2 managers for a sampling analyst position. They offered me the job but said I was overqualified and recommended I apply for a better position. After interviewing for the better position, I never heard back from anyone at Synovate. I followed up on 3 occasions with HR, and all the individuals I interviewed with, but it was like they abruptly black listed me. I found the whole process to be highly unprofessional and rather embarrassing for their organizational structure.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Synovate? What do you know about the position? How much SAS/excel/access do you use in your current position? No crazy questions, it was all pretty straightforward.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Synovate (Chicago, IL) in June 2010.

Interview

The phone screen and 1:1 interviews were both very standard for a market research position. I was referred by a friend to this position. The only problem was that it took them almost a month to get back to me. Otherwise, there was really no issue.

Senior Field Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Synovate (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in November 2011.

Interview

Applied for the position on the 12th Oct, 2011, was called to go in for an interview on the 3rd November, 2011. Received an email that i was shortlisted on the 11th November, and was told that they are running reference check on the candidates. I wrote a mail to them to enquire about my status on the 17th November and was told that it is still in process till now.

This is way too long a process for a middle management position and the interviewee was not familiar with the supporting documents required to be attached to resume after completion of interview.

Vice President Interview

Application

The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Synovate in October 2011.

Interview

They were creating a new department for which my skills were a great fit. Initial interview was an HR screen who then arranged an interview with the hiring manager (SVP). Interviewed with the SVP once and had several subsequent phone conversations with him. SVP was very easy to talk to and we actually went over the time allotted, as we were quite engaged in how I would be an asset to this new department. He then set me up to meet his counterpart in another part of the organization, as well as the President. I was called back to fill out an application. This was a new department/position and hiring was supposed to happen in the following quarter (for budget reasons). However, they were bought by IPSOS and everything was put on hold. Many (Managing Director, VPs, et al.) assured me that I was a great fit but had to wait given the merger. Although I have described the actual interview process as generally positive, after the merger, despite several attempts to contact them, they left me hanging and I never received any communication as to my status. Needless to say, I moved on.
    Work culture seemed a little disjointed at the time. There did not seem to be a lot of interaction or team-work with other departments. I think the SVP was trying to change that with this position. Some of the other people I spoke with seemed a bit nervous about this new position, some interpreted it as a potential infringement on their territory or wanting to control it.

Interview Questions

• Do you know (name withheld) from your company? Of course not because your departments never talked to each other. That's why we find people from your department usually don't work out.   1 Answer

Market Research Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Synovate in September 2010.

Interview

Initial phone interview was pretty straight forward. I got a call back the next day for interview. The interview was fair.

Interview Questions

• What was the best idea you came up with during your professional or college career? How did you apply it?   Answer Question

Junior Research Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johannesburg (South Africa)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Synovate (Johannesburg (South Africa)) in June 2010.

Interview

a 1 on 1 interview. then a week long training...

Research Assistant Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Synovate (Seoul (South Korea)) in September 2009.

Interview

Not bad.
    The HR manager asked to me the followings: my family, how to know this company(and field), my highschool life, expecting response in stressful situation, other work experience.
    And I tested translation of english article and interview in english.

Interview Questions

• Manager expained me some situations.
      1. to finish perfectly defective task, but overdue deadline.
      2. to finish my task within deadline, but have some errors.
      What's your work style? Choose one and expain the reason.   1 Answer