Syntel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 16, 2017

2.7

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Syntel (Atlanta, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone interview first and then an online aptitude test. After that a 45 min. Skype interview and background check. All were fairly easy. After those were completed got calls back saying I did super well on the test and the interview and that an offer letter would be on its way. The letter never arrived and I never got another email. I emailed asking for a status update and never ever heard back. Completely unprofessional ending on their part. I knew there were tons of bad reviews on Syntel. Apparently they're all true.

Interview Questions

• How to code a program to spit back a fibonacci sequence.   Answer Question

Entry Level Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Syntel (Louisville, KY) in April 2017.

Interview

I was reached out to by a recruiter from Syntel about the position. I applied and then had a quick phone interview with the recruiter. I then had to take an assessment that was pretty easy. The last step was to have a skype interview with a senior developer. The senior developer didn't show up a few times for the skype interview. That was pretty frustrating.

Interview Questions

• Basic OOP, DBMS and SDLC questions and then about what I did in college.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Syntel.

Interview

Resume was shared followed by HR call for initial discussion and then Syntel interview and then client interview. Post clearing interview offer letter was given and then required documents were collected and hiring process begun.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Syntel (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

As a stereotypical Indian consulting company they offered a much lower salary than market. I stood firm and they finally agreed to come up to the market place floor. I aced the interview and was offered the job, and told I could expect an offer letter the same day. As several days went by I was told the position was on hold, but people at the client company confirmed that the position was still open. Syntel disappeared, then a few weeks later reappeared to ask if I was still available. Upon saying yes they said they'd send me paperwork again, and again ghosted. On a final email they apologized for not reaching out to me and said my salary range was too high. So basically they can't do something as simple as figure out a range to offer candidates or even notify them that they've changed their minds, wasting both my time and the client's time. Not sure if it gets any more incompetent or unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• They didn't appear to be particularly knowledgeable of the software they wanted me to work on, so some of their questions made no sense, i.e. spending a big portion of the interview on one off tasks instead of focusing on what would be day to day   1 Answer

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Syntel (New York, NY).

Interview

Skype interview. Asked me about software development lifecycle. Pretty easy 10 minutes interview. Asked about my skills after answering the question and it was over. Got a call the next week saying I had the job.

Interview Questions

• The only real question was about the software dev lifecycle. Asked about my own skills.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation on pay. Fixed pay for entry level campus hires.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Syntel.

Interview

The interview process started with them calling me nearly daily for two weeks (from different numbers in different area codes), and then finally leaving a message. When I called them back, all they wanted to talk about was salary, with nothing about the roles and responsibilities of the position, and nothing (even in general) about the client. They set up a call to do a high-level interview with me later that day, but then didn't call. Didn't hear from them for days (maybe a week?), then they called again, and again, skirted any questions about anything other than pay, but said they'd setup a call to do a high-level interview, as well as a call about the details of the position, client, etc. They did not setup the call to discuss the details of the position, so I wrote them and simply politely declined the interview. They did not write me back at all to acknowledge the cancellation, no keep us in mind for the future, nothing. Low. Class.

Hadoop Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Syntel in January 2017.

Interview

Hands off most weird interview process. HR person called me @ 12pm and asked to have a quick discussion with technical architect asap(??). Interview was scheduled @ 2pm initially and rescheduled to 3pm . But they called at 2:30pm and said he had other obligations @ 3 and he would like to get this interview done. Asked about my experience mostly for 2 mins. So far I had no idea what the requirements were since HR didnt had any idea when he called me. It turns out , they needed someone with experience in apache hadoop,scala, machine learning, glapx, mlib, spark,flume,sqoop...(and every other apache product). This didnt make any sense to me. Interview was over within 10 mins.

Interview Questions

• Do you know apache falcon? How quickly can you learn scala   1 Answer

Director of Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Syntel (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Spoke to the delivery head in India whose English was barely intelligible. Wasn't supposed to be an interview, per se, but a get to know. It's difficult to answer a question, when you have to guess what the question is.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Interview was good and easy. Aptitude and then technical and Group discussion round. At the end there was HR interview. Overall experience is good. The aptitude was in our college and the Interview and group discussion were in a center.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Syntel (Franklin, TN) in September 2016.

Interview

Fairly simple The technical questions mostly were about. OOP, some UML questions, and questions about your previous experience in the field or projects that you did while in college. The HR questions mainly was looking if you were willing to relocate if necessary.