Syntel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 21, 2017

2.7

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Syntel (Baltimore, MD) in July 2016.

Interview

There were the initial phone call screening, online assessment test which are 90 questions about analytical, mathematics, and technical (C, Java, DBMS, OOP). You got 25 mins for each part, which leaves you approx 50 seconds for each question. I think the questions are tough and I didn't most of it before time runs out. Then the skype interview about your experience with the related technologies and more technical questions, and then the background check... I've only gotten this far, still waiting for result on this.

Interview Questions

• can you describe the waterfall sdlc?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Syntel in July 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a Syntel recruiter and the same week I was called on SKYPE for a video interview. The SKYPE interview was not too hard. They just really want to know what it is you know and what you are willing to learn. I was asked to describe how I would write a function that told if a number is prime or not.

Interview Questions

• Create a function that returns true if a number is prime and false if it is not.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Syntel (Atlanta, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview was over a two week period. I passed the first interview and the assessment but after the second interview they said they were no longer interested. They stated that they where doing multiple interviews and only planned one hiring a small majority of the people they interviewed.

Interview Questions

• What is SDLC?
      What is the Project Development Life Cycle?
      How to write a fibonacci series in java?
      1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Syntel (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2016.

Interview

From the moment he opened the door to the empty call center (with 3 to 4 Recruiters who looked unhappy and anxious while peering over the cubicle) I felt the negative, tense energy in the air. The interview began and the disposition was condescending, rude and seemed as if they were talking down to me, discrediting my qualifications and education. I was asked three questions (that I had to ask him to repeat because there was a horrible language barrier- In several instances, I looked to the 2nd interviewer to clarify the questions asked) that had nothing to do with the position in which I was applying for. The 2nd interviewer stared blankly across the table at me and when it came time to speak, it seemed as if there was a negative attitude. I was more relieved when the interview was over.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about ERISA? (Not relative to the position in which I was applying)   1 Answer

Technical Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, AR

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Syntel (Charlotte, AR) in June 2016.

Interview

Validate the personal Communication and technical background .

Sometimes candidate might present in person in case of required

Manager will call selected candidates for discussion and might take skype if required

HR will call selected people and confirm the placement

Project Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Syntel (Atlanta, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

One Telephonic, one Face to Face and one client interview. The Interviewer knew what he was asking and asked good technical questions according to the Job description. They evaluated me based on the technology i have worked and how much knowledge i have on the new Technologies and based on my answers he was convinced that given time and oppurtunity i could learn the new technology,

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Syntel (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2016.

Interview

Quick 30 minute interview discussing Agile Processes in addition to two assessment tests taken a couple weeks prior. Overall if you do some research you should be solid. They will also send an email on what you should know. Pretty extensive list.

Interview Questions

• Know as much as you can about Agile, Scrum, Kanban, etc...   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Syntel in April 2016.

Interview

Immediately after I submitted an application, they sent me materials and I received a phone call screening. The phone interview was then set up with a recruiter who failed to call me on two separate appointments. Poor communication.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Syntel (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Took them a few weeks to get back to me. Finally they called for a screening and then sent me online assessments to do. Afterwards it took a few more weeks before they did a technical interview over skype which took about 30 minutes. Very poor communication process. Seems very shady.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Syntel in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process is straight forward.
    Proper communication timelines. They will ask you for your convenient time atleast 1 week in advance and you are free to choose with.
    On the particular day, a panel of 2 to 3 technical persons made a telephonic interview.
    The tech team was good and very apt in interviewing the candidate.

Interview Questions

• Questions were about the spring cloud and Angular Js.
      The basic annotations involved like @Spring Boot Application , @ Service , microservices.
      Angular JS involved MVVM pattern, custom directives etc.
      Answer Question