Syntel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Syntel Interview Questions

Updated Sep 20, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Syntel (Franklin, TN) in September 2016.

Interview

Fairly simple The technical questions mostly were about. OOP, some UML questions, and questions about your previous experience in the field or projects that you did while in college. The HR questions mainly was looking if you were willing to relocate if necessary.

TIBCO Practice Architect Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Syntel in August 2016.

Interview

The person called and did not introduce himself other than he was calling from Syntel. For Architect level the questions were skewed towards developer level, asking questions at TIBCO BW Palette level and configuration of a specific palette.

The experience was similar to the situation where you buy the ticket to tour London but when the flight lands - it is Tokyo.

It was a turnoff for an interview process.

Interview Questions

• How do you use Parse Data Activity? If the file 1GB, how would you use Parse Data Activity to parse the file?

How do you use Routing and Bridges in TIBCO EMS?

How do you do memory management in TIBCO?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Syntel (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone call after applying making sure I applied for the position and explaining what the job entails and asking for basic qualifications, then another call for a 30 min phone screening to talk more about my skills, why I want to apply for the position, level of education I have and talk about salary, paid training and relocation assistance if necessary. Then an assessment test to see if your fit for the role presented. Then 3rd interview was through skype, and you dress if you were going to an in person interview, talk about more in depth of skill set required and what programming knowledge do you have like data structures, algorithms, java, workflow process like scrum and agile methodologies.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winona, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Syntel (Winona, MS) in August 2016.

Interview

First there was an introduction phone called where the recruiter let me know how things would proceed and made sure I was still interested. After that, I had to take an assessment test which had 3 sections each with 25 questions with a time of 20 minutes per section. After passing this part, the next part involved a Skype interview lasting around 30 minutes quizzing me about my computer science knowledge. Now I am still waiting for the background check to finish.

Business Analysis Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Syntel.

Interview

Very easy, very generic and no idea what they are asking for. Took a month to get hired and multiple follow ups. Sully recruitment team. Not a great experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Syntel (Baltimore, MD) in July 2016.

Interview

There were the initial phone call screening, online assessment test which are 90 questions about analytical, mathematics, and technical (C, Java, DBMS, OOP). You got 25 mins for each part, which leaves you approx 50 seconds for each question. I think the questions are tough and I didn't most of it before time runs out. Then the skype interview about your experience with the related technologies and more technical questions, and then the background check... I've only gotten this far, still waiting for result on this.

Interview Questions

• can you describe the waterfall sdlc?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Syntel in July 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a Syntel recruiter and the same week I was called on SKYPE for a video interview. The SKYPE interview was not too hard. They just really want to know what it is you know and what you are willing to learn. I was asked to describe how I would write a function that told if a number is prime or not.

Interview Questions

• Create a function that returns true if a number is prime and false if it is not.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Syntel (Atlanta, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview was over a two week period. I passed the first interview and the assessment but after the second interview they said they were no longer interested. They stated that they where doing multiple interviews and only planned one hiring a small majority of the people they interviewed.

Interview Questions

• What is SDLC?
      What is the Project Development Life Cycle?
      How to write a fibonacci series in java?   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Syntel (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2016.

Interview

From the moment he opened the door to the empty call center (with 3 to 4 Recruiters who looked unhappy and anxious while peering over the cubicle) I felt the negative, tense energy in the air. The interview began and the disposition was condescending, rude and seemed as if they were talking down to me, discrediting my qualifications and education. I was asked three questions (that I had to ask him to repeat because there was a horrible language barrier- In several instances, I looked to the 2nd interviewer to clarify the questions asked) that had nothing to do with the position in which I was applying for. The 2nd interviewer stared blankly across the table at me and when it came time to speak, it seemed as if there was a negative attitude. I was more relieved when the interview was over.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about ERISA? (Not relative to the position in which I was applying)   1 Answer

Technical Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, AR

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Syntel (Charlotte, AR) in June 2016.

Interview

Validate the personal Communication and technical background .

Sometimes candidate might present in person in case of required

Manager will call selected candidates for discussion and might take skype if required

HR will call selected people and confirm the placement