Syntel Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Syntel Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Feb 4, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Syntel (New York, NY).

Interview

Skype interview. Asked me about software development lifecycle. Pretty easy 10 minutes interview. Asked about my skills after answering the question and it was over. Got a call the next week saying I had the job.

Interview Questions

• The only real question was about the software dev lifecycle. Asked about my own skills.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation on pay. Fixed pay for entry level campus hires.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Syntel (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

There were several steps - with peer, with reporting level, with skip level; then there were also interviews with extended eco-system i.e., delivery organizations, both LOB as well as horizontals. Finally, with HR and Corporate Personnel charged with hiring Director level personnel.

Senior SQL Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Syntel (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

I got interviewed by Client directly. Syntel never takes my interview. I had given only a technical interview with client and next day HR interview for salary discussion.Next day I got offer letter.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Syntel (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone call after applying making sure I applied for the position and explaining what the job entails and asking for basic qualifications, then another call for a 30 min phone screening to talk more about my skills, why I want to apply for the position, level of education I have and talk about salary, paid training and relocation assistance if necessary. Then an assessment test to see if your fit for the role presented. Then 3rd interview was through skype, and you dress if you were going to an in person interview, talk about more in depth of skill set required and what programming knowledge do you have like data structures, algorithms, java, workflow process like scrum and agile methodologies.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Syntel (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Scheduled an interview (via Skype) on the phone and confirmed via email, however the interviewer failed to make contact with me and did not attempt to contact me ever again. It was unprofessional no other way to put it and I'm so very thankful that it happened sooner rather than later.

Interview Questions

• During the initial phone conversation, I was asked if I wanted the position and if a salary of $50,000 was acceptable.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Syntel (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Ask about school project and what you have done in school. They try to link school experience to the position they were offering. I did well on the first interview called back for second phone interview which was about 3 min. He asked gpa and asked if i knew domain knowledge I tried my best to answer but some of his questions weren't clear and when I asked to repeat the interviewer would say nvm? After I answered his questions he said okay and hang up. Hr at the company is a complete joke. They told me they will place me in Phoenix then email me Tennessee? And told me if I got the position I would have to start on the 27 of July mind you it was July 2. They really weren't clear of job placement

Interview Questions

• If you can open a shipment port anywhere in the world were and why   Answer Question

Technical Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Syntel (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

- I applied online and HR called for salary details and other stuff. Also, the first on-call interview was scheduled.
    - It went fine and then was the second round. It also went fine.
    - Checked back with recruiter in 2 weeks time and I was told, that position is on hold.
    - Got a call back from new recruiter after another 2 weeks, for the another position.
    - Had a two rounds again. One on phone , one skype. Cleared both.
    - Checked with recruiter, who said there is another round. I asked him that I was told that skype was the last round. Recruiter was clueless about the type of round. After some days he came back that it is a managerial round.
    - I attended the interview and cleared it. Got an offer.

- Rejected the offer for below reasons:
    a. There was no clear communication during the whole interview process. Took 5 interviews over a span of 3 months, after multiple follow ups
    b.During the skype interview, One manager was pretty rude, when I said I was looking to work more in development projects, as compared to support projects. It gave me a clear indication of things to come.
    c. There was no clear project, for which they planned on hiring.
    d. the offer was above what competitors pays but lower considering that it was only 15% increment over my current. Additionally, the number of PTO was going to reduce by 8 leaves, which would have meant that my current salary+benefits were more as compared to what they were offering.
    d. Recruiter didn't even call once to discuss the salary after I cleared all the interviews.

Interview Questions

c. There was no clear project, for which they planned on hiring.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Syntel (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

I received a total of 5 calls within a 2 week period. 2 basic interviews and one for salary negotiation etc. Waiting for offer letter from they. The communication was very good and i was asked simple questions during the interviews. An opportunity for salary negotiations was provided by the interviewer.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Syntel (New York, NY) in September 2009.

Interview

Technical Test, Technical interview, HR interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Syntel (New York, NY) in January 2008.

Interview

The interview was started with screening test on phone. then they explained about role and asked me the comfort level. They asked me many basic day to day roles questions and then scheduled for next day of the interview.

Next day, they interviewed me on weblogic 8.1 and java basic questions and then conferenced me with the client interview, the client asked me very small and few questions related with weblogic and JDBC.