Syntel Interview Questions in Phoenix, AZ | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 2, 2017

2.1

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Syntel (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2016.

Interview

From the moment he opened the door to the empty call center (with 3 to 4 Recruiters who looked unhappy and anxious while peering over the cubicle) I felt the negative, tense energy in the air. The interview began and the disposition was condescending, rude and seemed as if they were talking down to me, discrediting my qualifications and education. I was asked three questions (that I had to ask him to repeat because there was a horrible language barrier- In several instances, I looked to the 2nd interviewer to clarify the questions asked) that had nothing to do with the position in which I was applying for. The 2nd interviewer stared blankly across the table at me and when it came time to speak, it seemed as if there was a negative attitude. I was more relieved when the interview was over.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about ERISA? (Not relative to the position in which I was applying)   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Syntel (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2016.

Interview

Quick 30 minute interview discussing Agile Processes in addition to two assessment tests taken a couple weeks prior. Overall if you do some research you should be solid. They will also send an email on what you should know. Pretty extensive list.

Interview Questions

• Know as much as you can about Agile, Scrum, Kanban, etc...   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Syntel (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Took them a few weeks to get back to me. Finally they called for a screening and then sent me online assessments to do. Afterwards it took a few more weeks before they did a technical interview over skype which took about 30 minutes. Very poor communication process. Seems very shady.

Business Analyst Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Syntel (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

The Online Test
    I was not informed by the recruiter working with me the examination rules themselves; if I could use scratch paper, a calculator, or any tools to take the test. When I started the test and realized I needed them, I spent some time to collect paper and look for a calculator which took time away from the questions. On top of that, some of the words within the questions themselves were misspelled and phrases were incorrectly structured and not grammatically coherent; one could only guess what was trying to be asked when solving the questions. As for the window pop up violations; it went off twice because my computer performed a security update and an iTunes update of which I had no control over. I now know why Standardized tests require you to come to a neutral location and are answered by hand; to avoid situations like these from occurring. In the future please create an environment or test area for students to come to and make the test written as to avoid other people’s possible variables....Overall a horrible experience.

In-Person Interview
    Regarding the interview, I was once again very disappointed. The Interviewer, who did not give me his name, asked many questions regarding software coding and software life cycle development, nothing to do with the job description or the job I was trying for. I was a bit taken back but answered the best I could. I had the job description in front of me with all my notes written for talking points. As we continued the conversation I received 3 more questions regarding computer software development; it was at this time when he saw me struggling to answer the questions that were not on the job description, he became very uninterested in me and showed me a lack of interest in me as a candidate. I then asked if this was what the position was as I quoted the position description to him which regarded more data research, compiling and more work statistical analysis with MS Excel and SQL data extractions and not software development; I also asked if this position supported development with the three weeks training we discussed over the phone, and why I was asked questions about coding when this position is an entry level business analyst role. He seemed shocked I knew the position and flipped through his papers to find the job description and read what I had in front of me. He then tried to explain saying yes; we ask coding questions because we’d like it if you knew what you were talking about. I responded wouldn’t that be covered in the training and if not I am fine with learning it on my own for the position but there was nothing on the job description that asked for what you asked. His last question was the only question somewhat near the actual position and it was about how I would get funding for the project do develop the new requirement for the software. It was confusing to me; why was I being asked about a project manager assignment question. No questions were asked from the Job Description. One last note the lack of diversity at the office was shocking, if anyone works with Syntel they will see what I mean. I was shocked at the lack of diversity and felt very uncomfortable being different from everyone at the office.

Interview Questions

• Asked Questions regarding software coding and not about the position functions....   Answer Question

Entry-Level Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Syntel (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2016.

Interview

The recruiter called me up from Phoenix after I sent in a cookie-cutter application with resume to them. I took 2 months to be back to me. The first interview was behavioral and the second was technical, and the third was the terms of employment. I then had to wait for my vetting and then they paid for my move for training.

Interview Questions

• It was a brief overview of Freshman OO design and a brief overview of RDMS joins.   1 Answer

Business Analyst - Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Syntel (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2015.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter who promised me to call back and schedule an interview, but never happened. Then another recruiter contacted me a week later and scheduled an interview. Got the interview by another BA. After that nothing was clear, I tried to contact the recruiter and never answered her phone. I sent her an e-mail and 2 minutes later she replied I wasn't selected to move on the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• AGILE, AGILE/SCRUM, WATERFALL Methodology, SDLC, BA role   Answer Question

Entry-Level Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Syntel (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2015.

Interview

They called me to let me know hat they got my resume, and that they wanted me to be in training pretty soon, not before having an interview that they do not use to check if you are ready for the job, they just do it for the heck of it, and they gave me the job without any consideration.

Interview Questions

• What type of programming language I like to use the most   1 Answer

Tech Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Syntel (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2015.

Interview

HR Round initial for making sure you are interested
    internal company Technical round
    Client Round - technical round about how you can handle pressure, working with onshore offshore model scenario based que
    HR Salary negotiations round

Programmer/Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Syntel (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2014.

Interview

Interview took place over two stages. First interview was more about background history. Simple questions about stuff from resume and explanations about why I was looking to get into the industry.

Second interview got bungled several times as the interviewer forgot that he had to do it. It was with a lead programmer. Questions were technical in nature but not difficult ones. Was hard to understand the interviewer's heavy Indian accent which cause some confusion and wasted 8 minutes of time trying to come to a mutual understanding of an answer to a question.

The process was not hard at all, it was in fact too easy. It also had nothing to do with the position I was being hired for. He talked about Java, and only Java. The position was for COBOL which is a much lower language. Interview should have asked more generic questions about programming.

Interviewer seemed to know the subject matter well though.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer asked about a feature in a Java app I wrote for a college project and then asked me various questions about alternative ways I could have accomplished that same functionality. Then asked what if a client wanted something changed.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Syntel (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2014.

Interview

Just a review of your grades, two interviews over the phone- just to see if you are familiar with any IT concepts. Very basic. After two interviews, job offer extended and they ask you to start very quickly

Interview Questions

• What happens when you put your card into an ATM? How does it determine how much money you have?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much. Hired as college grad.