Syntel Programmer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Syntel Programmer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Feb 4, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Syntel (New York, NY).

Interview

Skype interview. Asked me about software development lifecycle. Pretty easy 10 minutes interview. Asked about my skills after answering the question and it was over. Got a call the next week saying I had the job.

Interview Questions

• The only real question was about the software dev lifecycle. Asked about my own skills.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation on pay. Fixed pay for entry level campus hires.

Other Interview Reviews for Syntel

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Syntel (Franklin, TN) in September 2016.

Interview

Fairly simple The technical questions mostly were about. OOP, some UML questions, and questions about your previous experience in the field or projects that you did while in college. The HR questions mainly was looking if you were willing to relocate if necessary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Syntel (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone call after applying making sure I applied for the position and explaining what the job entails and asking for basic qualifications, then another call for a 30 min phone screening to talk more about my skills, why I want to apply for the position, level of education I have and talk about salary, paid training and relocation assistance if necessary. Then an assessment test to see if your fit for the role presented. Then 3rd interview was through skype, and you dress if you were going to an in person interview, talk about more in depth of skill set required and what programming knowledge do you have like data structures, algorithms, java, workflow process like scrum and agile methodologies.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Syntel (Baltimore, MD) in July 2016.

Interview

There were the initial phone call screening, online assessment test which are 90 questions about analytical, mathematics, and technical (C, Java, DBMS, OOP). You got 25 mins for each part, which leaves you approx 50 seconds for each question. I think the questions are tough and I didn't most of it before time runs out. Then the skype interview about your experience with the related technologies and more technical questions, and then the background check... I've only gotten this far, still waiting for result on this.

Interview Questions

• can you describe the waterfall sdlc?   1 Answer

Programmer/Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Syntel (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me. Then had an in person interview with 3 people that lasted about 45 minutes. One technical guy and two people from HR. It was pretty relaxed and like any other interview.

Interview Questions

• They didn't ask me any specific technical questions. They only asked if I was familiar with SDLC methodologies(mainly agile) and then all the random standard interview questions   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Syntel in February 2012.

Interview

Once application is received they setup a call for interview. This is a three step procedures. Two round of technical interview. Once telephonic and other one is video. You will be given options for video interview. This is followed by HR interview. They are followed one after another but this can happen in different days. If you are selected in one round you will be called for next round. All these interview is done by different person. For technical round of interview there can be panel of 2/3 people.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions are logical questions to understand the level of competency of each skills. They ask for algorithm.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Syntel (New York, NY) in September 2009.

Interview

Technical Test, Technical interview, HR interview

Analyst Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Syntel (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2009.

Interview

Got the interview call from Employee referral...
    Had 4 rounds of interviews on - Processes, Technical Background, Leadership experience, Client facing experience, Situation that i was through...
    Then had a 2 rounds with HR for compensation... went well and I accepted offer

Interview Questions

• How do you get the new proposals sanctioned from client?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Syntel (New York, NY) in January 2008.

Interview

The interview was started with screening test on phone. then they explained about role and asked me the comfort level. They asked me many basic day to day roles questions and then scheduled for next day of the interview.

Next day, they interviewed me on weblogic 8.1 and java basic questions and then conferenced me with the client interview, the client asked me very small and few questions related with weblogic and JDBC.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Syntel.

Interview

It was good..More of technical questions ..Company is good but all depends on your project.If manager is good then you will get on-site opportunity.first round is gd followed by technical interview process and last round is hr round.

Interview Questions

• About the major and minor project and real life examples   Answer Question