Syntel Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Syntel Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jun 8, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Syntel (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2012.

Interview

Very clear process, and swift paced. starts with HR round, followed by Engagement Manager round, then client interview. HR takes care of most of the operational stuff. Salary negotiation is the key, you have to ensure you get what you want before signing the contract or offer letter.

Other Interview Reviews for Syntel

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Syntel (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2012.

Interview

Interview Process was simple but long. First round is HR screening, followed by line-manager interview, then a client interview and in the end HR round for salary negotiation. I'd advise on negotiating on base salary because unless a top performer the yearly hike is not going to be much

Interview Questions

• Past Experience, outlook towards this job, basic stuff, nothing out of ordinary. They are just checking fundamentals, conviction, confidence and communication style   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Syntel (Portland, OR) in January 2012.

Interview

3 calls. First with HR, then with the head of the delevery group from India then with the account manager in the US for the account.

Interview Questions

• Experience in leading a large end to end implementation.   1 Answer

They were offering me a similar title (at a higher salary) than what I had. I was seeking the next higher role.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Syntel (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2010.

Interview

Questions based on resume

Interview Questions

• matching of my profile with their requirement   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Syntel in April 2010.

Interview

Interview with client and staffing manager. It went very quickly, all over the phone. Technical questions from the client and very little from the Syntel Hiring Manager. Good feedback after the interview and good communication. Initial impression was one of a good, solid organization to work with. The interview to start date was moved to a quick pace.

Interview Questions

• What is the most import role of a PM.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was easy and fairly straight forward. Not a lot of wiggle room due to it being a contract position with one of their clients. Margins needed to be maintained.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Syntel (Kolkata (India)) in July 2014.

Interview

multiple rounds including hr at the last, first it will be telphonic for technical evaluations. then its PM related and finally 1x1 for PM related questions. Last round will be with HR for salary negotiations and offer

Interview Questions

• technical round will cover technology awareness and hands on
      then next round will concentrate on pm practicees
      Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Syntel (Mumbai (India)) in January 2014.

Interview

The Interview was through Campus. They came to B-school campus for the first time and the process was good. There was 2 Interviewers, one HR and other Practice Director and hence were asking from both the views.

I prefer to be in IT.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Syntel (Mumbai (India)) in March 2013.

Interview

Aptitude test followed by Group discussion. Then the first round tech interview, followed by Sr Manager interview. Hr round and then the offer was rolled out.
    there are walk in interview as well, which mainly have two rounds of discussion, and if you clear both the offer is rolled out.
    For technical roles, there are specific tech rounds of discussions with practice heads

Interview Questions

• What are the challenges faced in your previous organization?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Syntel in March 2011.

Interview

took 2 days

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Syntel in October 2010.

Interview

Salary negotiation and releasing offer got prolonged otherwise it was fine.

Interview Questions

• Experince on technical, functional, managerial, ability to fit into the role that they have in offer etc.   Answer Question