Syntel Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 3, 2017

2.7

100 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Interview was good and easy. Aptitude and then technical and Group discussion round. At the end there was HR interview. Overall experience is good. The aptitude was in our college and the Interview and group discussion were in a center.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Syntel

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Syntel in July 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a Syntel recruiter and the same week I was called on SKYPE for a video interview. The SKYPE interview was not too hard. They just really want to know what it is you know and what you are willing to learn. I was asked to describe how I would write a function that told if a number is prime or not.

Interview Questions

• Create a function that returns true if a number is prime and false if it is not.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Syntel (Atlanta, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview was over a two week period. I passed the first interview and the assessment but after the second interview they said they were no longer interested. They stated that they where doing multiple interviews and only planned one hiring a small majority of the people they interviewed.

Interview Questions

• What is SDLC?
      What is the Project Development Life Cycle?
      How to write a fibonacci series in java?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Syntel (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Took them a few weeks to get back to me. Finally they called for a screening and then sent me online assessments to do. Afterwards it took a few more weeks before they did a technical interview over skype which took about 30 minutes. Very poor communication process. Seems very shady.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Syntel in October 2015.

Interview

A phone interview that was scheduled pretty late in the day. Turns out it was because the interviewer was from India and the time zones had to line up. I've never had an interviewer more uninterested in what I was saying. He called 10 minutes late, waited for minutes between sentences while he read my resume, often asking questions on topics I had already covered, and when asked for clarification he just paused and repeated the exact same question. My answers were always met with a 10 second pause and then a dry "okay" regardless of the length of the questions or my response, and even sometimes in response to a question I had asked. At the end I was told I would be contacted via email telling me how it went, which is an email I never received.

Overall the interview took about half an hour, and I definitely fumbled on a few questions, but I can't help but feel it would've gone a lot better if I had an interviewer that put some effort into it. Questions were easy but the lack of feedback and general disinterest in the interviewer's voice made me immediately become uninterested in working in that sort of environment.

Interview Questions

• Typical resume stuff as well as a few questions on databases and project management methodologies like Waterfall and Agile.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mason, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Syntel (Mason, OH) in August 2015.

Interview

I was called by a recruiter to set up two interviews very close to each other, first was on phone second was suppose to be on Skype but was on phone just after the first. The two interviewers had deep Indian accents so i listened closely to understand them. Interviews were done on Wednesday both of them and i get an offer just after and told i need to get things done by Friday to get on a plane to California on Sunday for Monday work. I was told they started training 2 weeks ago and just found my resume. that was way too little time for me to make a proper decision. They also told me there looking for allot of people with my background.

Interview Questions

• Talk about my capstone project at school and some questions about it.
      plans of the future, are you interested in learning certain things, it was very easy except for understanding the deep Indian accents of the interviewers.   1 Answer

in the contract if not only you quit but they fire you pay back relocation, their no competition clause prevents you from working with their customers but with both clauses the company can renew them at will after the 2 year period. this contract was predatory and with no time to discuss changes there was no way i was going to risk huge legal liabilities for a salary of only 50,000 while being far away from my family. Only someone desperate to survive would have signed that contract which i was not. Also reasons for termination had the words "but not limited to" which means they can get rid of you for anything and make you payback stuff.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Syntel.

Interview

Interview went well. Had client interview also. Totally 2 rounds of interview. But later came to know that position was on hold. No professionalism to inform the candidate about the interview process and about the next steps. Not at all feel like joining this company.

Interview Questions

• About your previous projects.Average. Not much complex. Quiet average questions on Test Automation specific to tools. Questions around manual and automation process.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Syntel (Boston, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

Had a phone interview scheduled. I set aside time in my schedule to do the interview and then they just didn't call. No email or anything letting me know they wouldn't be able to call, they just didn't call. I contacted the recruiter and she set up another call. The same thing happened again. Finally I got an interview a few days later. The next day I got another phone interview, and the day after I got a job offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Syntel in February 2015.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me, set up initial phone interview. Was technical, not too hard asked me about OOP concepts as well as past Java/C++ experience. Next interview was a bit more in-depth about previous projects. Finally, basic HR questions. First couple of interviews they got back very quickly but then took a while.

Interview Questions

• What are the 4 principles of OOP?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Syntel in August 2014.

Interview

Very easy question, but interviewer was hard to understand. The phone interviewer seemed unprepared and had no real substantial question. Most of the question were generalized about my background and no technical questions.

Interview Questions

• What type of software languages did you study in school?   Answer Question